Damn My Sense Of Honor - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, so here's what happened tonight at work.

I work at a convenience store, and I was going about my daily tasks when I went to the ATM machine, I empty the reciepts, and see a set of keys, I think nothing of them, and go to pick them up.

I get a tug, look closer, and they're the keys to the ATM!!!

Turns out the guy who comes to fill the ATM had come tonight, and left his keys in the ATM, so my moral quandry for the night was, do I simply walk back, shut down the stores power, call in the power loss, and take the $50,000 that a full ATM carries, split it with my co-worker and have a buddy I know in the mob launder the money.

Or do I do the noble thing and put the keys in the safe.

So I debate over this for roughly 3 hours, and decide that, even though I could easily walk with about $23,000 after laundering the money, I'd do the honest thing, and drop the keys in the safe...

DAMN YOU SENSE OF HONOR!!! I could be in Canada by now.

You can't move the furniture anymore
    And I'm not gonna trip and fall
    Going for the door

Fuzz - Helen Keller

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    137 (x3)

Originally posted by Nostrafus@Dec 10 2004, 07:51
    Okay, so here's what happened tonight at work.

I work at a convenience store, and I was going about my daily tasks when I went to the ATM machine, I empty the reciepts, and see a set of keys, I think nothing of them, and go to pick them up.

I get a tug, look closer, and they're the keys to the ATM!!!

Turns out the guy who comes to fill the ATM had come tonight, and left his keys in the ATM, so my moral quandry for the night was, do I simply walk back, shut down the stores power, call in the power loss, and take the $50,000 that a full ATM carries, split it with my co-worker and have a buddy I know in the mob launder the money.

Or do I do the noble thing and put the keys in the safe.

So I debate over this for roughly 3 hours, and decide that, even though I could easily walk with about $23,000 after laundering the money, I'd do the honest thing, and drop the keys in the safe...

DAMN YOU SENSE OF HONOR!!! I could be in Canada by now.
    [snapback]271377[/snapback]
    Wow, they hold $50,000 that seems a bit high don't you think? Anyway, your plan would not have worked. The ATM guy and you would have been suspects #1 and 2 respectively.

There are 2 plans that would have worked. Couple the powerloss with a moderate removal of some of the cash, OR go find EVERY other ATM that the key fit into, put on a mask and make out like a bandit!! hehehehe.

Anyway, you did the right thing I guess. Once in a while we are tested on our honesty, whether it be by some all knowing creator or just random circumstance is a debate for other people. The point is... you passed!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh, Maybe I didn't detail my plan enough.

Plan A

1. Power down the store
    2. Take money
    3. Set a fire in the electrical room
    4. Leave store
    5. Deposit money in nondescript, nearby location such as in the bottom of the standing ashtrays
    6. Call Fire Department from nearby bar when fire has consumed most of the building
    7. Once report has been filed, get money
    8. Take money to mob friend to have money laundered
    9. Take rest of money, get 11 Fake Passports made (Yes, I know where to get these done too)
    10. Deposit $1,000 in foreign account (Canada) under 11th name for safe keeping, just in case
    11. Use 10 passports to get 10 travelers cheques for $1,000 each so they're under different names, again, just in case
    12. Use real passport to cross into Canada, reason, moving there
    13. Transfer Travelers cheques to Canadian funds in Toronto
    14. Move to a different location in Canada using Identity 11.

Yes, I did have enough time to plan this through.

Edit

Oh yeah, forgot one thing, the remaining $12,000 would be kept on me during this time, just in case I had to disappear very quickly.
    You can't move the furniture anymore
    And I'm not gonna trip and fall
    Going for the door

Fuzz - Helen Keller

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah honour can be a bitch sometimes . but that does sound like a pretty good plan....
    Wir Werden Vorherrschen!

"I cast Lvl. 3 Eroticism. You turn into a real beautiful woman."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The right, honorable thing to do is not always the easiest but gives you he greatest piece of mind.
    “Cry ‘Havoc’ and let slip the dogs of war!? - Julius Caesar, Act III, Scene I

A very violent persona Apotheosis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Infrazael here would have taken the money, without a second thought. I believe that if that happened to me, that I would simply flow along with destiny or whatever and take the money
    "And whoever wants to be a creator in good and evil, must first be an annihilator and break values. Thus the highest evil belongs to the greatest goodness: but this is--being creative."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x4)

Despite all of your planning, you'd probably have been busted in the end anyway, so I guess you did the right thing. What a moral decision to make though!
    The iron crowned is getting closer,
    Swings his hammer down on him,
    Like a thunderstorm he's crushing,
    Down the Noldor's proudest king.

Under my foot, so hopeless it seems.
    You've troubled my day, now feel the pain.
    - Blind Guardian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, giving the keys back saves me having to hunt you down and steal all the money from you

Its not really worth the chance of getting caught. How fireproof are those ATM's anyway? Surely they must have some sort of countermeasures. I know they can be really hard to get open (don't ask...but no I didn't rob one)

-SK
    <u>Army: W/L/T</u>

<span style='color:green'>Dark Angels</span>: <span style='color:red'>20/3/0</span>
    <span style='color:gray'>Daemonhunters: </span> <span style='color:red'>Under Construction</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Minas Tirith</span> <span style='color:red'>1/0/0</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

You surely will get some sort of reward from the ATM company Nos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Praise your honor dude, if it goes missing you a employee there and they would simply track you down cause they would notice you were gone and even if you were in canada you would eventualy have to sign something and than the cops would know where you are and nail you.

There aint a crime you can comment without been seen... big brother is watching you&#33;

O ya and starkiller is like opening a vault, you need dynamite.

As for the right choice? Only a idiot would of taken the money, youd get caught so fast. So on the plus side of having honor your smart&#33; HURRAY&#33;

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast