Librarium Online Forums banner

What Are Your Veiws On Monogomy?

2K views 44 replies 16 participants last post by  Wolf_Pack 
#1 ·
Alright, I've been thinking allot about this recently, and was wondering what you guys would think of it. I'll tell you and explain my veiws later, so as to get peoples oppinions and not just direct attacks on my own.

So go ahead, tell us what you think of it, and why you think that about it.

#2 ·
Last year of school, year book questionaire for most likley to

Own a brothel, make a film that gets banned, be a polygamist, rule the world

I've had votes in all f them and look set to win at least two :glare:

No one thinks i have any morals!

well their partially right, i don't, around morons :lol:

Monoagmy, errr i don't think its vital, if you can get a different system to work where eceryones happy, why not?

#5 ·
You know, I really have to take my hat off for the marvellous word play in Adam's post. Congrats to you, sir! (Y)

Its kind of a mixed blessing. While yeah, there is the one person you're intimate with, it doesnt really factor in the other people you're close to. There are several girl friends that I would do anything for, probably bordering something on love for them (but not reeeeeal love, if that makes sense).

The thing I have to get round now is finding a gf that can appreciate that while im close to the girls, im not sleeping with them.

The jealousy thing is key, as always.

#6 ·
Originally posted by Phobos@Dec 12 2004, 14:06
You know, I really have to take my hat off for the marvellous word play in Adam's post. Congrats to you, sir! (Y)
[snapback]273402[/snapback]​
I agree, the way he put that was quite simply amazing.

#10 ·
Polygamy is juts a really strange concept.How can you be confortable with knowing you're not the only one your signifigant other is shaggin'? Plus how would anybody be able to deal with more then one partner? I mean seriously, the one girlfriend I have now eats up enough of my time and money, if I had to deal with 2, I'd die.

On the other hand you have the issue of cheating,which simply pisses me off.I guess it's just because I've been cheated on before and know how worthless and bad it makes you feel.I just hate dishonesty,there's no reason for it and it's one of the rudest things you can do to somebody.If you're going to cheat on somebody and betray thier trust so easily,you seriously deserve to be alone.Anybody who cheats on thier partner is simply not good enough to be in a serious relationship.
There's nothing "natural" about cheating on somebody.It's simply weakness.You lack the fortitude to be honest and loyal,don't blame in on "human nature".This "It's natural for men to cheat" stuff is the largest bunch of horse dirt I've ever heard.It's just an excuse that sad little boys make up for thier inability to be real men and admit thier own failures.

Edit: It replaced my bad word with "dirt"! This vulgar language filter is great! :lol:

#11 ·
hehe, yea, yellow water is yellow water now....

monogamy is all related to trust, if your woman trusts you then it's a nono, but if there's no trust, then why not, she most likly allready thinks your doing it, at least when she breaks up with you for it you'll have done it.

so yea, trust.

#12 ·
But if you both agree that you can go out and shag other people as long as you do not do it for more than one night stands or develope relationships with those people, is that relationship not also built on trust. And then people would be willing to say that yes they did have sex with someone else, as a one night stand to releive built up sexual tension that would cause someone to do that in a monogomous relationship. This would help people from growing up and beeing bitter to one annother, and help save relationships where the man or woman goes out and cheats on their significant other, because they know it's going down but they trust the other person not to have any other serious relationship other than their own.

But, the concept of having multiple serious relationships (having many wives in a patriarchal society) is slightly insane for anyone who does not make large sums of money, because you have to take care of each of your wives.

#13 ·
Hmmm...Unless all your wives are working so they in turn can take care of you! Is that networking or what!

If you were ever contemplating "multiple serious relationships" (and yes, it is slightly insane) then I've got two words for...pre-nuptial agreement. You'll thank me later!

If you have to venture outside your "serious relationship" to releive sexual tension then IMO you need to get out that relationship 'cuz it's seriously dysfunctional. All relationships have bitter and rocky patches to them and plenty of times I've wanted to plant my spaghetti fork in my significant other's forehead...but all this eventually passes. All "serious" relationships have to be built on trust...all other foundations are fleeting. The litmus test is asking yourself "overall, have I been happy in my relationship?" If you truthfully can't say "yes" to that simple question then you need to do something quickly. If you do terminate a relationship do it like a mercy killing...honestly and quickly, because it will always be painful.

***From the desk of the Wookie. Agony Aunt to the LO community.***

#14 ·
Well, me personally I'm no knight in shining armor. In fact for all my sins I've probably got a stone warming in anticipation for my arrival.

But I would never cheat on anyone no matter how hot the woman.

Granted I have had a taboo relationship before with someone who was married, so I guess technically I bent the line there. But as for me engaging in a relationship with someone while I'm with someone else. No, I will not. I have had offers while with another person, numbering somewhere in the low teens, but I never gave in, nor will I.

#15 ·
Originally posted by Nostrafus@Dec 14 2004, 11:36
But I would never cheat on anyone no matter how hot the woman.
[snapback]275338[/snapback]​
Yet, if you both agreed that to have sex with other people (sex for sex's sake, not for love) then it would be alright, would you?

#16 ·
There's absolutely no reason that desire should exist.In a healthy relationship your partner will be fulfiling all your needs,both physical and emotional.If you feel the need to go off and have sex with other people there's something seriously wrong with the relationship you're in.Either that or you're both simply whores and really shouldn't be with anybody

#17 ·
Yet, if you both agreed that to have sex with other people (sex for sex's sake, not for love) then it would be alright, would you?
I would never agree to such a thing in the first place. I don't get involved with people I am not sexually attracted to simply because I know it's a big part of my life, and my mind, so if my partner brought it up, I would say no. If she wanted to go have sex with someone else, go for it. Just don't expect me or my stuff to be here when you get back.

#19 ·
Originally posted by idinos@Dec 16 2004, 14:33
Monogamy relates to marriage, ie. two partners. If you have more then the relation is polygamous.

I think the term you are looking for 'open' relations is swingers, which is usually one of the best ways to catch STDs.
[snapback]277880[/snapback]​
good points idinos.
i happen to think that if you cannot commit yourself to a monogamous relationship then you should avoid marrage alltogher. and you do not have to married to be in a monogamous relationship however. i have dated many a girl and stayed faithful.

G
#20 ·
Well if you both are at that level of age ( I won't mention mine,you'll think me far too young) where sex is a possibility, and you both feel the need to engage in it why not with eachother?This act of intimacy could strengthen your relationship and care for eachother. Be careful, too much intimacy can cause a pure lust relationship, which gets old and useless after a while. Maybe you have an arguement and doing that thing is out of the question. Well, engaging in such activity wouldn't help your side very much now would it? My opinion is this, if you don't engage in intimate acts with your significent other(I say this when I mean that you and the other want to do that kind of thing), why have one? Why not just be friends, and then do that kind of thing separately where it won't start fights or raise strange questions. Maybe this doesn't make sense. But thats my two cents for now.

#21 ·
in my view, monogamy is what seperates us as humans. what purpose other than the thought of procreation and sex drives polygamy? it takes willpower to devote yourself emotionally to someone for your whole life. polygamy is driven more by the basic need to carry on genes, i.e., more mates, more chances to carry your seed on to future generations. In my view, thats very primal and undeserving of the human intellect. I seriously doubt people delve into polygamy for emotional purposes, and if I am wrong, please correct me.

#23 ·
Actually no, they may mate for long periods of time, but they do actually "cheat" on one another, and do switch partners, even before the other dies sometimes. It is actually a myth that birds stay with eachother their whole lives, they do in some cases, but it sure is only for sexual reasons. And trash eating would in fact denote a higher intelligence, as it shows that they are intelligent enough to exploit human resources for food. and i said "lesser" merely to say that we do have more intelligence than a bird, a pig, or a dog, despite the fact that people try to press human characteristics on them, sure, a chimp can use a tool to dig for ants, but it can't build a supercomputer.

#26 ·
:( oh oh i think you should take him to a vet as if he can't see the wall he needs some help. Off topic i know but my two youngest when they were pups drank some coffee then decided that they could do the matrix and where running horizontally on the walls. I'm not kidding this actually happened.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.