Making An Ultramarines Web Site - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'Ello,

I am planning on making an Ultramarines web site that will have information about every thing Ultramarines related, like fluff information about how Marines are created, about the vechicles they use the weapons how they work and of course some of the famus battles they have had. It will also have some techniques for painting, using units in the game and other usefull things, lots of images and maybe even a forum.

I was wondering does any one here think thats its worth making, like is it the type of web site that you would visits?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by El Barto@Jan 19 2005, 20:11
    'Ello,

I am planning on making an Ultramarines web site that will have information about every thing Ultramarines related, like fluff information about how Marines are created, about the vechicles they use the weapons how they work and of course some of the famus battles they have had. It will also have some techniques for painting, using units in the game and other usefull things, lots of images and maybe even a forum.

I was wondering does any one here think thats its worth making, like is it the type of web site that you would visits?
    [snapback]306970[/snapback]
    Of course! As my name suggests, I love Ultramarines! Ultramarines Are Ultra cool!
    WDL
    Custodes Imperio 0/3/0

Hoping to win my first game!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would go, but I hate it when I go to web sites that aren't even half worth while. Try to make it have a large amount of web pages in it, or else people will just come and go.

The forum part of your site isn't going to be easily done. When you start out you might only have 5 members (not much of a forum is it? :mellow: ) since almost no one will know about it. I would consider putting it on google, or as an ad somewhere.
    You call those cheap implants boobs?
    They aren't boobs, they're lies!

http://download.theforce.net/theater...orkman_480.mov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'd visit it.

:ph34r: ninja!
    Space Wolves: 3000+pts.
    Tau: 1000+pts.
    dark elves: work in progress

record:an ungodly amount of games i dont even know.

I am a pirate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

I'd definitely visit it. I love any and all fluff.Maybe I can actualy learns something I didn't already know about the Blue Boys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose I would visit but if its stuff I have already read in official fluff or seen other places I don't know how long it will hold my attention. I suggest you make a fan fluff section where you and people who go to the sight can make up their own fluff stories for the Ultras. Then I would definitely be there alot.
    “ Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man. ” - Thomas Paine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow a dedicated ultra-marines site that would be brillant and I would check it out when, its ready and good luck!
    <MortalKombat> stfu mat|t u ****
    * Acaila sets mode: +b MortalKombat!*@*
    <@Acaila> FINISH HIM
    <mat|t> rofl
    <MortalKombat> omg what! man
    * MortalKombat was kicked by Acaila (forward, forward, back, back, forward, punch)
    <@Acaila> FATALITY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x4)

LO rules strictly forbid advertising sites on the board. Read the rules or you'll be in a world of hurt when Phobos finds your post.

Treadhead with a Chainaxe Kaiser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Originally posted by the_fifth_horseman@Jan 20 2005, 152
    LO rules strictly forbid advertising sites on the board. Read the rules or you'll be in a world of hurt when Phobos finds your post.
    [snapback]307643[/snapback]
    He didn't provide a link, so its not advertising. He's just checking if it would be worth making a site about Ultramarines, because if nobody visited it there would not be much fun making it.
    #lochat, irc.quakenet.org
    World Eaters, Kaiser Style < Old thread. No ressurecting!
    Late War Schwere Panzerkompanie, Kaiser Style < Don't ressurect this either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by the_fifth_horseman@Jan 20 2005, 132
    LO rules strictly forbid advertising sites on the board. Read the rules or you&#39;ll be in a world of hurt when Phobos finds your post.
    [snapback]307643[/snapback]
    Well I don&#39;t think he will as this is not an advertisement, just wondering if its worth making a dedicated Ultramariens site or not.

It looks like people will visit it so I think that I am going to go ahead and make the web site, the forums I am still thinking about, but if I do have one it won&#39;t be there at the first &#39;launch&#39; of the web site it will be added in later. I would probably code my own forums rahte thn use IPB or some thing, really don&#39;t like ones like that, not that there is any thing wrong with it being used in these forums .

I probably will add some where for people to submit their own like stories and fluff thing as well so I can add it onto the site. It will be updated as well, as soon as any thing happens related to the Ultramarines as well.

Well type to start typing some code .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast