To Add To The Spy Ninja.. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tae kwon do here cos im korean and it is korean

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

My own invention, which is basically:
    Ignore pain in your own body, and just hit as hard as you can in places where it hurts (not in the ballz though, fight with honour&#33 .
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i mixed in a whole buunch of different styles, but i have a very high pain threshhold so i can take the pain as i dish it, but for the most part its stealth and being quik to dish out the punches and kicks faster than the opponent. And im really good with a sword, i train regularly, my parents dont see why i do they think its a waste of time.
    Give me pen and ill write you a novel, give me a pick and ill play you a masterpiece, give me a heart, and ill give you love.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but if i could invent an art it would have all kinds of training in the most brutal places on earth. and i would be all like "come on you maggots do you wanna be a supper commando or not". and when you get to the super commando level you would get this awsome real leather jacket that says super commando on the back. and in order to pass the test you would have to pull off a complete headspin (breakdance move) and be able to do AT LEAST 200 push ups in my death valley training camp. and if you try to get out or fall when you are doing your pushups i&#39;ll have my other super commandos gun you down with pump shotys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

El_Grimnar sounds like you may enjoy Krav Maga, some of their grueling training consists of

* not drinking anything for 48 hours before your training
    * you will fight three people, when they get tired you have to fight another three people etc etc, until finaly you collapse out of exhaustion.
    * fighting against multiple opponents in total darkness
    * learning how to use anything you can pickup as a weapon or defensive object
    * how to disarm attackers
    * alot of joint locks and strikes ( a strike is not a punch thrown for the sake of it, it as it&#39;s name implies is a strike aimed at a vital point ie. throat, eyes, nose, temple )

I myself having a bit of training in Kempo ( strikes ) and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu ( grappling and joint locks )

also I have two years training in both Muai Thai ( ignoring pain and generaly being a total nutter ) and Capoeira ( hmmm how to discribe this one )

Capoeira is my love out of all the martial arts I have been involved in, I won&#39;t go into much detail but I&#39;ll give you a general overview.

Many centuries ago colonial powers were spreading their influences throughout the world, Anyway Portugal colonised a large part what is now known as Brazil, the Portuguese used slave labour in the fields/pastures/whatever and this slave labour was brought over from Africa, mainly Mozambique ( sp ) and Angola, needless to say the Africans didn&#39;t enjoy being slaves, and so needed a way to fight for their freedom. Obviously the slaves were not allowed to train to fight but they were still permitted to do the folkloric dances, and it was from here that capoeira takes it&#39;s origins.

The slaves invented many kicks ( hands are for good work, feet are for bad work )
    and incorperated them into their dances, they were all very strong from the long days of toil and soon many more difficult kicks and moves were incorporated into their " Zebra dance " . The slaves would fight to the beat of a batteria ( battery or band ) and the martial art began to grow as did the slaves in their confidence, however if they were caught they would be severly punised, so a Toque ( rythym ) called Cavalera ( cavalry or police ) was invented, if the police were spotted the Toque would change to Cavalera and the fight would turn back into a dance, it was through this deception that capoeira was able to grow and survive.

Much of this malandragem or malicia ( trickery ) is still very evident in capoeira today. Some slaves fought for their freedom and soon began freeing other slaves, these slaves formed quilombos ( cities ) in the jungles of Brazil, and taught their knowledge to any future arrivals. Eventually the Portuguese had enough of these shadows in the dark and gave up their power in Brazil. Though there is some crap about Princess Isabell freeing the slaves ( though she did sign the paper which made it legal ) which is very dubious.

Brazil had become a self governing country but capoeira was still illegal, largely due to the fact that a capoeirista ( one who does capoeira ) was considered a rogue or criminal or worse, Anti capoeirista police were set up to hunt down any caporistas and bring them to justice ( usally death ) this was the time of the Malandros ( street rogues ) , gangs that would fight in the Favelas ( slums ), at this time it was popular for capoeiristas to fight with straight razors between their toes,
    ( something I can do well with ball point pens ). Eventually a man was born named
    Manuel dos heis Machado who later went by the title Mestre Bimba, he put to the government of Brazil that capoeira should be made legal ( which it was ) and should become the national sport ( which it did, the second most played sport in Brazil after soccer )

Mestre Bimba invented many aspects of capoeira regional as it is known today, including high flying jump kicks and flips as well as acrobatics and ground born shows of strength and agility. Today the Roda ( circle in which capoeira is played/fought ) is lead by and African instrument called the berimbau, accompanied by many other instruments. In keeping with tradition the Toque which the intruments play controls the type of game played in the roda.

Capoeira can be light and flowing with non contact or it can be heavy and brutal with alot of contact, it can be done close to the ground or it can be done with your feet on the ground for only enough time to launch yourself into another jump kick/flip.

My apologies to anyone who speaks Portugues alot of my translations were not literal, but purely to give English speakers an understanding of some of the terminology.

Salve.
    Moncs ( aka loca cadela )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh god, here we go.....

Tae kwon do for the majority.
    hapkido, jiu jitsu, kung fu (many, many different forms), gung fu, karate, capoeira (god knows how to spell it.), wing chun, bok sool do, and on and on over 14 yrs i have been studying, and refuse to get my blackbelt.

Mad Props to Angel_of_Rust for the sig.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Xaero@Oct 2 2003, 017
    capoeira (god knows how to spell it
    yeah that&#39;s it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

street fighting a bit of boxing with some rage and go for the throat.
    Wir Werden Vorherrschen&#33;

&quot;I cast Lvl. 3 Eroticism. You turn into a real beautiful woman.&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tae kwon do

its so damned fun&#33;... too bad you always get injured when trying to do a comback...

Closed Thread