Librarium Online Forums banner

3K views 43 replies 32 participants last post by  Grephaun 
#1 ·
i was wondering who is the youngest and oldest warhammer gamer you know and what kinda warhammer do they play (eg fantasy 40k or LOR) Im 12 turning 13 this year so if there is ne1 younger i would like 2 noe!!

#4 ·
Hmmm...well I suppose I'll represent the geriatric warhammer players of the world in this thread. I'm 40 and I know a guy and his wife who plays and they're in their early 60's. I think its safe to say that warhammer isn't exclusively for the young pups...us old salty dogs play too!
Oh yeah, mostly play 40k, WHFB, and LotR...in that order. 8)

#6 ·
Ive been playing since I was 12 or 13 and Im 25 now.
Yer not that old Wookie - this other forum I post on, IM the oldest!

I prefer playing against older gamers anyway, theyre not in it for the chicks, so to speak

#7 ·
I've started playing when i was in junior high, I saved up my allowence.
Hell I'm even realizing now, i know more about warhammer than my buddies
do. like all the old model ranges ect. I'm considered pro painter now because
I kept at it. START EM YOUNG AND GET THEM ADDICTED.

#8 ·
I started when the 2nd Rules book got released and I saw this really fat old guy who named all his Tau in Tauish at a tournament

#9 ·
Well i'm only 14 turning 15 in april, but i started sometime last year, thats pretty young... but i know this kid whose about my age and hes been playing so long he's collect tons of races already its nuts. So he must've been younger than you when he started.

#10 ·
Basically theres a second thing I'm starting to pick up about ages
these days in gaming stores. if you match 30 year olds with 15 year
olds its less fun for the 15 year old because the 30 yr old will know
more.

I think in tournaments they should do age groups. and If that
person is really good in that age group, ask if he/she would
like a challenge and move them up to the next group. Sort
of like ratings and such.

#12 ·
I started in '99, maybe that wasn't when the 2nd edition came out... Anywho I was in sixth grade, and something new came out. Maybe it was the SW BF. Now I'm sixteen and have gone through probably 15 Imperium Armies

#18 ·
I''ve been playing since I was 9 and now I'm 16, I have about 10 friends who play (all about the ages of 15-17) all of which I personally introduced to the game.

I notice that with most gamers, at least in my experience, with fantasy the new players just pick what armies they think look good or cool. With 40k, I think alot of younger players get introduced to versatile armies, like space marines. Also in my experience most people start 40k then move to fantasy later.

#19 ·
I started collecting the models when I was 8(started gaming at 15 although I gave up for a couple of years when I was 11 and 12) and remember saving up for six weeks to get 2 incubi models. The oldest gamer I've seen is in his late 50's/early 60's.

Bloodlust

#20 ·
You want to know how old I am? Click my profile and do the math.

#22 ·
the youngest I know is 13(40k and FB), the oldest is my dad :D . he's 48. he's played nids for just under a year.

#23 ·
I've seen a pattern in young gamers (9-12) in that they all play tyrannids. The rest of them play some sort of dark army. Interesting... :huh:

#26 ·
I'm 22 now. I started playing and collecting when I was 13 and I've been an off and on gamer through most of that time. I've only really got into it for the past 3 years now. I've been a mostly Space Marine player since the begining, because I simply love Space Marines. I just now got started in FB, which is really firggin' complicated but just as fun as 40k.the youngets guy that plays in my store is 10 (pretty smart kid, plays Necrons) and the oldest guys are around 60-something (one plays IG and the other plays Chaos )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.