W40k Vs. Wife - Wife Wins - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the local hobby store has W40K games Sat. at 60 pm and I was all fired up to play my first real game with my 1500 pt Ulramarine army. My son and I spent saturday after-noon frantically painting to get at least a little blue on all the guys. Then the wifey took off at 30 pm to vist some friends and didn't get back till 80 p.m., DOH! I had told her i needed the truck at 5:30 pm and when I asked her why she didn't come back on time ( I'm not mad yet) and she gives me some line like "I thought you could play with your little men at home." aarrg! At this point I ask her to stop to making fun of my hobby and she says that what happens when you plays with toys. I'm getting a little hot under the collar by now and procede to dig my own grave. I told her "At least i don't believe in that vodoo witchcraft mumbo jumbo BS and mess with peoples head using a dumb deck of cards" You see my wife is into Tarot and astrology.
    This is the point in time that she reminds me that she is the ultimate force in my universe and that I shall.

1) Obay
    2) Do not talk back
    3) Obay, obay, obay

LOL, really though does anyone elses get grief from the wife? For anyone that cares everything is all worked out. We agreed not to make fun of each others hobbies and kissed and made up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not married but I might as well be. Been with the same girl for 6 years now. Anyway I don't have any problems like that. As a matter of fact she helps support my habit. For Valentine's Day I got a $100 (i know, not much) shopping spree at my local Hobby Shop. So my advice is . . . . . find you a new WOMAN!!! Just kidding we all have to have hobbies, glad to hear you worked it out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    137 (x3)

I usually have to bounce the idea off my wife of me heading off to play W40k a couple of weeks ahead of time.

I have 2 kids under 4 and so we work it out so that she isn't constantly having to care for them by herself. It limits my playing to about once a month, but that's ok because the guy I play against is pretty much in the same boat. (married with children and having to schedule ahead of time).

She still makes fun of me and loves it whenever some comedian or Saturday Night Live parodies my geek culture of Warhammer and D & D. But it's all in fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get a second car. Even a junker just capable of getting you back and forth to the hobby shop would solve your problems.
    Looking for a compliment here is like looking for a girlfriend in a cemetary. You know you probably won't like what you dig up, but you'll take it anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My fiance and warhammer get along very well (besides the fact that I leave painting stuff on the coffee table which is my fault). What I always tell my friends with these problems is set Friday night (or whatever) as gaming night and Saturday night as going out night. If something big happens like her friend comming in from out of town or saturday night tourney, the days switch. Every time the subject comes up I thank her for being very nice to me and for being fair and how much I love her. This usualy ends the debate.

If your wife needs the car to do something like go to work or buy desprately needed groceries I think you are out of luck.
    If you build a man a fire he will be warm for a night. If you set a man on fire he will be warm the rest of his life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

like some of you guys im not married but might as well be,
    to balance my two great loves i did the ultimate.
    got my gf involved in the hobby and she now loves her nids and VC.
    Its great, i have a gaming buddy whenever we feel in the mood (and i have to say i have an impressive losing streak to her, the most ive one is make a draw)

Everyone has their hobbies and their quirks and its simply a case of accepting that
    one mans poison...................
    cadre
    Quote Originally Posted by artificer
    The quote is "in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war",
    NOT "in the grim darkness of the far future, there are these little, fat, drunken goits with beards!"
    WELL SAID, NO MORE SQUATS THEY ARE DEAD GET OVER IT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

AGGHH! she beleaves in vodoo witchcraft! and Tarot and astrology!

Burn the heretic with the might of the Space mainres! Then you an use the emperor's holy vehicle to extend his divine will on the exeno skum at your hobby store whenever you please (Y) (Y)
    What is dis signature nonsence?! dem stupid human zoggers are always trien to confuze us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x3)

Woman simply have certain genetic advantages over men, the world is ours!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grimjack, that is as it should be. Just obey and life shall be grand.

Or at least, that's what I've found.

-Steven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Originally posted by Deadly Nightshade@Feb 22 2005, 19:27
    Woman simply have certain genetic advantages over men, the world is ours!
    [snapback]336125[/snapback]
    True, but bragging about it is such a masculine trait.

I'm not married, but I am very wary of failing to accomodate my hobbies with the needs of others. I've never tried to get anyone into Warhammer, though I've told people about if when they were interested. I just feel it's selfish to force people to conform to something which is basically a personal indulgence.

The great thing about that is that it cuts both ways. So the next time you come home to find a chicken saccrifice in progress or cards sprawled everywhere, dig this incident up and employ it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast