The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    137 (x3)

I really loved the entire series: I loved the books, and I found the TV series very true to the book and very watchably funny!

Pure classic.

Did anybody else read this series or watch the TV series?

Well, apparently someone has done me and other fans a great big favor and made a new movie about the original book, 'The hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy'.

I don't have any illusions that it will be a blockbuster money maker (I'll keep my finger's crossed though&#33, but I think I will enjoy it just the same!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    208 (x5)

Ah Zaphod... I wish he really was president of the galaxy.

It's got John Malkovich in it! (there's an entry at IMD.

I'm surprised it doesn't have Johnny Depp as Ford Prefect, seems like the sort of kooky movie he would do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

If you can get hold of the original radio series that is the absolute best (the books were based off the radio show afterall)

Nothing like finding a 10 mile high statue of yourself, and a concrete cup floating in mid-air by the "power of art".... then discovering both of them are covered in giant pidgeon s**t ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    208 (x5)

Originally posted by Knape97@Feb 24 2005, 10:27
    If you can get hold of the original radio series that is the absolute best (the books were based off the radio show afterall)
    [snapback]337248[/snapback]
    True? I thought it was the other way round. Learn somethin new every day I guess...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

My brother read the book and told me not to read it beause it was stupid. Well i guess i can see for myself when the moive comes out.....but the name doesn't soud too promising to tell you guys the truth.
    What is dis signature nonsence?! dem stupid human zoggers are always trien to confuze us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

read the books they rock
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>can&#39;t you handle a triple</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shas&#39;O&#39;M&#39;Yen &#064; Feb 27 2005, 04:04)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well said</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will say that The Hitchhiker series are by far the greatest books I have ever read. I would suggest them to anyone who has never read them to pick up a copy of at least the first book and read it. I didn&#39;t like to read much before this series, and now I practically have a library of books.

As for the movie... we&#39;ll see if it lives up to my expectations.
    You can't move the furniture anymore
    And I'm not gonna trip and fall
    Going for the door

Fuzz - Helen Keller

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

has anyone seen the old series that was on t.v or the cinema or something there not to bad if you don&#39;t like reading but they are hard to get
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>can&#39;t you handle a triple</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shas&#39;O&#39;M&#39;Yen &#064; Feb 27 2005, 04:04)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well said</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hitch hikers guide looks superb, i have seen some of the trailers for it, and it looks superb.

Fans of the books/radio series will either love it or hate it, that simple. If it remains truthful to the original material, then it will be great.

The effects look really good as well.

The TV series was a little lame, but then again what do you expect with a BBC budget for special effects - Dr Who springs to mind, although that is getting revamped at the moment and will be aired early spring in the UK.

If you like Hitch Hikers, try getting the Red Dwarf books, written as a collaboration of Grant and Naylor, again this was a radio series, then a TV series and then books, but they go along the same lines as hitch hikers - UK twist on sci fi.
    Space Wolves are badasses that operate just barely within the rules.
    13th Co. didn't even know there were rules applying to how badass they could be.

... and Daemonhunters make it three - now just need a spare room to store it all!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks a great book but ik havnt read it yet.(too busy painting darn goblins)
    &quot;Fight like gobbos&quot;- Skarsnik

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast