Edi's Anime Review - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

So this is pretty off topic,and the Anime Clan no longer exists, so I guess this is the best place for it. I've been watching a lot of anime lately and been running over it in my head. I'm pretty bored sometimes,so for no good reason I've written reviews. Most of them are straight from memory, but maybe if this thread gets some attention I can make it a continueing thing? Y'know,watching anime,then writing about it, and having people actualy read it? That would be cool. Anyways I'll give it a shot. I'll just post a little bit now to give you an example,and we'll see what happens..

Anyways I'ma give it a shot.Today I'll be reviewing Berzerk : episode 1

So right off the bat, we open up on a little bar. There's a few local guys having a few beers, some light conversation,nothing to special. A cute little girl is serving drinks. She's pretty I guess, but she looks like she's about 12 years old at most. While I'm pondering on how a bar would be able to get away with having a minor serve alcohal, the bad guys come in! I can tell they're bad guys because the music suddenly changes when they kick in the door and the forst words out of thier leader's mouth are "Nyeheheheeeeeh". So they comes strolling in,being just as obnoxious as possible, and all the local guys cower into thier mugs,trying thier best to ignore the big scarey men. They eventualy make thier way to a table occupied by a single patron. Of course,since they're bad guys and all,they push the guy out his chair instead of finding thier own and take his table. Then, as if to erase any doubt in your mind that these are bad guys,they spot this little girl, and all of a sudden all hopes of getting out of this episode without mental scars are dashed to pieces. The fat guy of the bunch pulls the girls hair,sits her in his lap,and they all just sit around sexualy herassing her for 10 minutes straight. They even go so far as to spill beer on the table and force her to drink it up, cheering her on with comments like "yeah babey use that toungue" and "suck harder, don't spill a drop". I'm thinking "Oh my god that's sick...they spilled perfectly good beer!"
    Anyways next thing I know the hero's busting through the door. I can tell he's the hero because the music changes and he doesn't say anything. Plus he's wearing a cloak that hides his face. everybody knows hero's don't have faces untill later in the movie. So anyways he comes charging in, and of course the bad guys have to say something. I mean c'mon what did he expect,outdoing thier big dramatic entrance like that! The bad guys say "Hey punk" or something to that effect, and the Hero, with his deep scarey hero voice, demands they take him to "thier master".Well the bad guys don't like this at all, so t hey start with the "You know who we are?" and "We'll kick your !@# and all that" So then, the hero does the first of many things that I grow to love him for. Instead of argueing the point,or sputing off a snazzy one liner, he pust about 3 bolts from a wrist mounted bolt-launcher through one of the bad guy's head. Splat, bad guy slumps to the floor, and the hero asks again.
    Because bad guy's are stupid and can't recognise a badass when they see one,they all charge after him, and of course all get bolts in thier !@#. But look! One has survived! So now this guy's pissed. His freinds are dead and he's got bolts in his !@#. So he gos charging after the hero right. The hero has his back turned to the guy,and the guys running at him,the next thing you know, a sword as big as a friggin' horse comes flying out of nowhere and cleaves the bad guy in half. In half! There's blood everywhere, more blood then the human body should naturaly contain! We zoom in on the hero,and he's just standing there,looking all cool,clucthing a sword as big as he is with the blade buried halfway into the floor. The girls scampers off and we go to a commercial.

I'm gonna stop here because If I wanna remember any more I'ma hafta go home and watch the DVD again. But whaddaya think? should I post the rest of it and do like maybe a weekly thing?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x4)

Comments on your commentary Edicius:

First off, paragraphs and block form wot wot? Bits of spelling here and
    there.

But from what I've read, it was good save a few things. And I'd like
    to help out.

1.) When your writing a review, feel free to get really descriptive
    but dont give *all* the plot. Those were long paragraphs and I lost
    interest. You need to write to keep the reader interested.

2.) Post your own opinions, and some how work them into the main
    part of which your trying to describe.

3.)Example; Set up the setting.

Begining in a bar (describe bar) dank, musky..ect...... (portray your
    interpretation of evil going on) Sickness, horror..ect.

Then you start working in opinions...(I was amazed) (Stunned)

And when you work your way to the end...Its like writing a story and
    you want to build suspence in a review...((somthing like: all stories have heros.
    and describe your hero (and put your opinions in after))

Overall good stuff man. If you want help...I'll show ya the ropes
    I'm in film review for this quarter and I'll show you what I'm learning.
    -HONORABLE MENTIONS IN BLITZKRIEG PAINTING COMP-
    "THAT I.G. GUY WITH THAT OVERDEVELOPED TRIGGER FINGER"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

54 (x5)

Sweet deal..I'll work on that. This is what happens when I get bored at work y'see >.>'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

94 (x4)

LoL I just do reviews cause I get bored and I figured constatine woulda been
    a good movie to review on LO..... Constatine is a good example if you need
    reference. But develop your style and go for uniqueness.

Edited for spelling and clarification.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice review ,very descriptive but as said before you need paragraphs
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>can&#39;t you handle a triple</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shas&#39;O&#39;M&#39;Yen &#064; Feb 27 2005, 04:04)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well said</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    137 (x3)

Blockbuster Video was kind enough to put the Berserker series on their shelves about a year ago.

I&#39;m not sure if it&#39;s 2 episodes per video or not but there are 5 of them labeled (what else) 1-5.

I really enjoyed all of them&#33; I just hope that there are more than 5 because there was a major cliffhanger at the end of the last video&#33; ( no I won&#39;t say what it is, just go watch them yourselves because they are great&#33

As far as anime itself goes, I have to vote for &#39;Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust&#39; as one of the all time greatest.

There many great ones, but that one is currently at the top of my list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

54 (x5)

Yeah well I pretty much apologise for this entire thread. It kinda shocked me when I came back today and read it, I had no memory of posting any of it. I ended up going home early that day y&#39;see..and..well..the moral of this story is don&#39;t try to go to work and post here on LO while heavily medicated.Anyways, yeah, anime. I liked Vampire hunter D Bloodlust a lot. Pretty &#39;ard core stuff.I actualy respected that vampire after the little "walk on the bridge" scene,and I hate vampires.Berzerk is a great series if you want to be entertained without trying to think. I&#39;m thinking maybe I should try and ressurect the Anime Clan?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

94 (x4)

Ha ha its all good Edi.... Cheers for trying&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

86 (x7)

Originally posted by Joker@Mar 7 2005, 14:38
    I&#39;m not sure if it&#39;s 2 episodes per video or not but there are 5 of them labeled (what else) 1-5.

I really enjoyed all of them&#33; I just hope that there are more than 5 because there was a major cliffhanger at the end of the last video&#33; ( no I won&#39;t say what it is, just go watch them yourselves because they are great&#33
    --- Well, if You&#39;ve got a DVD, interest in Berserk and money, why not buy the entire 25-ep boxed set?

Of course, if You want the whole story, You&#39;ll need to buy the manga from Dark Horse... The anime only covers about 1/3rd of the entire story ark, IIRC.

I myself have been a fan of anime and manga for quite some time... Around ten years. Of course, just like with 40K, I got my first taste of it years before I knew what was really going on, and like many older fans, the series was Robotech, that well-known melange of Macross, Mospeada and Southern Cross. I&#39;d wager it was the continuing plotline, instead of the "Reset to status quo" most other shows tended to have which made Robotech (and anime in general) that much more interesting (one reason why I think Star Trek is fun but nothing special, while thinking very highly of Babylon 5).

And the cool mecha, of course&#33; The Zentraedi officer mech (which the Battletech Marauder was based on) is one of my personal all-time favourites.

Anyway, my interest in Japanese popular culture landed me my job at a local comics store (which is why I gain access to the Previews catalogue and thus a glimpse to future US WH40K releases as well), nevermind making me decide to enter the University of Helsinki to study Japanese as my major&#33; ^-^
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

+ Reply to Thread