Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

Problem:

Frankly, I just can't take it any more, without making some form of protest.

Many, many people these days are clogging up the forums with inane threads that serve no end at all, except to enlighten the rest of us as to just how much of an a******e that person is. Said person's posts are usually filled with grammar and spelling errors, which really *****es me off, since frankly in my opinion anyone who cannot spell correctly or with the correct grammar, and in their own f***ing native language should be slashed from throat to crotch with a rusty spoon.

But the one thing, along these lines, that is damn near guaranteed to hack me off, and I would think , a lot of the other members, are those sad-ars*d b*****ds that think they know it all, or ask for/do things completely out of line with the rules that are very easily availlible indeed, and hence can be classified as People Who Cannot Tell Their Arse From Their Elbow, people who are so awash with their own ignorance they are possibly, or most likely probably, drowning in it, as they should be drowning in their own vomit,mucus and sputuum-encrusted-toilet-bowl they call their existence.

Why, why, why ((Delilah?&#33If you didn't get that you should shot.) can't people be more considerate in their questions and their behaviour?! Why can't they be more like BiD, who despite being from the Netherlands or thereabouts has some of the best written English I have seen, even with the multitude of grammatical rules and exceptions inherent to the language, which I would hardly even expect from someone in the USA or for most of the UK, who regularly have had to ask me how to spell things like "Elbow" "Arse" "Cannot" etc.

Solution:

1) Get everyone to do a test of sorts on the forum rules as they register for it, nothing fancy, just multiple choice. This would give me the right to flame them for flouting the rules since they should already know them.

2) Sterilise rule-breakers so that they cannot breed with other morons to create the next generation of thick-as-sh*t moronic idiots.

Anyone who disagrees with this will find me coming after them with a rusty spoon.

--------------

Now, Mods, if you want to move this to the Trash Can, thats fine. If you want to keep it as a valid thread, thats fine too. This is really just a rant thread, I don't expect people to read it, but if they do, they'd better post a response of some sort.

Note to nit-pickers: Any errors you may find are most likely the result of your imagination. In the event of a mistake, it is alway reality, not myself, that has got it wrong. I also wish to make known that I am not really a hypocrite of this being a redundant thread since I believe many others have the same opinion.

"It fits like clothes made out of wasps!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x8)

Thanks for bringing this up Inquisitor.

The rules are very much available, and I try to publish them as much as possible. But I'll have a word with one of the Admins to see if they can be added to the sign up page.
    It should be able to be done, as I've seen it done elsewhere.

As for suggestion number 2, well, thats out of my paws I’m afraid, but I'll see what I can do

Toastee
    Want to chat? You can normally find me in the LO CHAT!
    LO CHAT! JOIN US NOW AND BECOME A GOD OF BACON.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

Okay, that was... quite enlightening. I know you hate people who can't spell correctly or who have trouble with grammar and/or interpunction, but not everybody can help that. A decent number of people who post on these boards doesn't have english as their first language, and in the age of 13-18 years old it's quite likely that they make mistakes. As long as they don't overdo it I don't really care about this, I know you do, but maybe you should try to go a little more easy on them.
    Now, I won't be such an ass to point out the one or two minor mistakes I saw in your post , and thanks for complimenting my english .
    I won't lock or move this topic now, I actually find it interesting, but I and the other mods with me will keep an eye on it, because it's quite flammable.
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you know..it is only the internet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

You know.. it&#39;s a very basic skill to grasp hold of.

*blunts rusty spoon*.
    "It fits like clothes made out of wasps!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, Inquisitor, I try to overlook a few mistakes in posts. I myself am a horrible typist and struggle with a misspelled word or two (or ten). But for the most part I have to agree with you. Some of the posts I have seen are simply inane drivel. I am not going to repost, but rather link my rant on a similar topic:
    http://www.librarium-online.com/forum/inde...opic=3534&st=15

Again I echo my sentiments made there, how can anyone expect to be taken seriously if they write posts like those examples...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at the end of the day its only bad punctuation or spelling. when i see posts you quoted in the othet thread i just move on with a puzzled expression then forget about it. its no sweat off my balls :blink:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree inquisitor

some people cant spell and it is annoying. this is why i try to correct my mistakes if i see any. but it is no need to go mental.
    Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

wwel saids&#33; Evven tough ppl fromm thee UK not all firrst language iss Inglsih, egsample mee&#33; Me first language iss Welsh and wy wy wy Delialiah iss a Welsh anfam, so quiet it. Bye thee waay I clasafy in taht fhick ass moronnic listie dont I? Peesing u off yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wel dddunn mell gud ideer
    Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast