Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Did America Go To The Moon?

4K views 62 replies 30 participants last post by  Lady Bastet 
#1 ·
I was just wondering if you people think that america went to the moon,
i dont think they did if you look at the evidence, what do you lot think???
NOT THE POLITICS BEHIND IT!!! :D

#2 ·
Ah yes...the good old conspiracy theories...
9/11 made by a Swordfish kind of organization, yackyack.
Man, Deus Ex come to life.
Anyway, if you could link me to the source of -your- ideas, I'd be willing to discuss it :)

#3 ·
Originally posted by Syphonides of Orell@Mar 22 2005, 16:41
Ah yes...the good old conspiracy theories...
9/11 made by a Swordfish kind of organization, yackyack.
Man, Deus Ex come to life.
Anyway, if you could link me to the source of -your- ideas, I'd be willing to discuss it :)
[snapback]358619[/snapback]​
well i saw something about it before and the evidence goes on and on
for example, how did the flag blow in the wind, on the moon there is no atmosphere, why was the a set in the desert that looked like the moon, how come astronauts were cating shadows toward the sun, on the photos the reference crosses were behind certain objects eg flags, the list goes on like this, i was hoping people would post what they heard\thought about it.

#5 ·
Originally posted by red_talon@Mar 22 2005, 16:49
Have you actually seen the videos? The flag was not waving. They held up the other end with a pole.
[snapback]358631[/snapback]​
there is a vidoe of a man standing next to a flag, which was stuck in the ground, but strangely enough the material on the flag was blowing in the wind

#6 ·
Oh god why don't we just ask if the earth is really flat and all the space pictures of a sphere are false.

Yes of course America went to the moon. And if America didn't, why does it even matter now?

#7 ·
Originally posted by DementedPotato@Mar 22 2005, 16:52
Oh god why don't we just ask if the earth is really flat and all the space pictures of a sphere are false.

Yes of course America went to the moon. And if America didn't, why does it even matter now?
[snapback]358638[/snapback]​
im not trying to cause an argument i was just wondering what people thought

#9 ·
Originally posted by Ancients@Mar 22 2005, 09:52
there is a vidoe of a man standing next to a flag, which was stuck in the ground, but strangely enough the material on the flag was blowing in the wind
[snapback]358637[/snapback]​
Wires, built into the flag itself to keep it visible, bent to make it appear as though it were wind-blown. We do many similar things when we convert models. It's in the history books, if you read carefully (Although it may not be in the NEW books, seeing as they're less informative than the ones I had in gradeschool. ^_^ ).

#10 ·
Originally posted by PoptartsNinja@Mar 22 2005, 16:55
Wires, built into the flag itself to keep it visible, bent to make it appear as though it were wind-blown. We do many similar things when we convert models. It's in the history books, if you read carefully (Although it may not be in the NEW books, seeing as they're less informative than the ones I had in gradeschool. ^_^ ).
[snapback]358641[/snapback]​
ah, that i have never heard about because we dont get taught it or anything over here, but what i watched is probably very baised as it seem the custom theese days to make documentrys showing how bad america is!!

#11 ·
Originally posted by PoptartsNinja@Mar 22 2005, 16:55
[snapback]358641[/snapback]​

#12 ·
woops sorry about that last post

#13 ·
there is a lot of suspicion about whether man has landed on the moon. i'll say it's easy to believe any documentary or conspiracy on it, but it's all wrong or everything 'unknown' on the program can be explained. man certainly did land on the moon, many times.

#15 ·
Originally posted by Syphonides of Orell@Mar 22 2005, 17:18
You know, there's pretty much nothing you can do to really convince people.
I'd recommend going there yourself! :p
[snapback]358663[/snapback]​
lol thats true, it is quite pointless sitting here trying to rationalise evidence that america did\didnt go to the moon, maybe i should have made a poll, all i wanted was the general public opinion

#16 ·
Personnally I think they probably did. If not then why did they bother to do that?

Was NASA bored and thought:

'Hey, do you know what would be really funny?'
'What?'
'If we pretend we go to the moon, lets spend 5 years making fake rockets and sets and then broadcast it on TV'
'In 5 years wouldn't we be able to actually get on the moon?'
'Yeah probably but that would require more work'
'True, fake landing it is!'

Conspiracy theories are usually stupid and in the end don't really matter. So if they did WELL DONE, bet it was boring up there. If they didn't, fabulous waste of time guys.

#17 ·
Originally posted by Archaon@Mar 22 2005, 17:29
Personnally I think they probably did. If not then why did they bother to do that?

Was NASA bored and thought:

'Hey, do you know what would be really funny?'
'What?'
'If we pretend we go to the moon, lets spend 5 years making fake rockets and sets and then broadcast it on TV'
'In 5 years wouldn't we be able to actually get on the moon?'
'Yeah probably but that would require more work'
'True, fake landing it is!'

Conspiracy theories are usually stupid and in the end don't really matter. So if they did WELL DONE, bet it was boring up there. If they didn't, fabulous waste of time guys.
[snapback]358674[/snapback]​
no, APPARENTLY (without getting into politics) it was ment to be something to do with america wanting to beat russia in the 'space race'

#18 ·
Originally posted by Ancients@Mar 22 2005, 16:52
[snapback]358637[/snapback]​
in space there are thermals that travel through vaccums ( i think its infa red) . It is the same reason why comets appear to have a tail, because of the gas expanding or something like that.

so that part maybe real, although i dont know about the rest.

#19 ·
This is what happened...

They went to the moon but the astronaut dude did a interveiw and said that they filmed fake shots because they didn't know if the real shots were gonna work. So they did film fake shots but they did go to the moon.

#20 ·
Originally posted by Valhallan@Mar 22 2005, 17:45
This is what happened...

They went to the moon but the astronaut dude did a interveiw and said that they filmed fake shots because they didn't know if the real shots were gonna work. So they did film fake shots but they did go to the moon.
[snapback]358695[/snapback]​
well that makes sense i think

#21 ·
Not really. Right idea, though.

Contrary to popular belief, there is never a complete vacuum anywhere. Even in space there are going to be a few atoms per cubic meter at the very least. You have to think of the sun as a kind of a microwave transmitter which also shoots tiny ball bearings.

The microwaves represent the electromagnetic radiation that can transmit energy (normally as heat) without a physical carrier to an object like a comet. They melt as the rate at which they absorb energy and heat up molecules is greater than the rate they lose it to their environment, eg, cold inky dark space. The ball bearings are the odd particles that get flung into space.

The reason why the shadows were in the wrong place is because, you fool, while the sun is the only source of light, it can be reflected off of other things. Like planets. Eg, Earth. Which then reflects off up to the moon...

Think about it logically with more than a morons grasp of physics and science in general. Ever wonder why conspiracy theorists are inbred hicks? Because they cant explain it using the science they know, so make things fit the stuff they do know.

#22 ·
Originally posted by Phobos@Mar 22 2005, 17:50
Not really. Right idea, though.

Contrary to popular belief, there is never a complete vacuum anywhere. Even in space there are going to be a few atoms per cubic meter at the very least. You have to think of the sun as a kind of a microwave transmitter which also shoots tiny ball bearings.

The microwaves represent the electromagnetic radiation that can transmit energy (normally as heat) without a physical carrier to an object like a comet. They melt as the rate at which they absorb energy and heat up molecules is greater than the rate they lose it to their environment, eg, cold inky dark space. The ball bearings are the odd particles that get flung into space.

The reason why the shadows were in the wrong place is because, you fool, while the sun is the only source of light, it can be reflected off of other things. Like planets. Eg, Earth. Which then reflects off up to the moon...

Think about it logically with more than a morons grasp of physics and science in general. Ever wonder why conspiracy theorists are inbred hicks? Because they cant explain it using the science they know, so make things fit the stuff they do know.
[snapback]358706[/snapback]​
First of all i am not a conspiracy theorist and secondly i did nothing to make someone insinuate that i am a moron, an inbred hick or a fool and as a moderater i thought you are meant to be the on who is stopping people from making snide coments to eachother, just because i havnt got quite the grasp of space physics as you or other people may have does not, whether you think so or not, make me a fool, i asked for people's simple opinion, i did not in anyway try to offend anyone so i dont see why you are so hostile.

#24 ·
Originally posted by Phobos@Mar 22 2005, 18:04
Why the hell does everyone take things personally? It wasnt aimed directly at you, fool.
[snapback]358716[/snapback]​
well im the only person on here who metioned the shadow thing and the word fool was stated directly after what you said about it, and as i am 14 i havent yet got a intricut knowledge of space and how it works

#25 ·
also the word you was stated before fool indicating that it was aimed at a particular person

#26 ·
I believe they did land on the moon because as phobos said, using the science we know we can rationalise it beyond reasonable doubt.

Also the Russians would have done everything they possibly could to prove it was false, i believe they even had satellites orbitting monitoring the first mission at least, just to make sure there was no foul play with faking and etc. If it had been fake then the russians would have played up hell and they would have provided conclusive evidence it was fake within about a day.

Originally posted by Phobos@Mar 22 2005, 11:50
[snapback]358706[/snapback]​
It probably is true but it is a bit harsh calling all conspiracy theorists inbred hicks.

You are right though, i'd doubt any decent physicist who'd done his research would even bother wasting the thought about debating whether the moon landings were real or not.

I've seen TV shows about this topic, but most of them are horribly biased one way or the other, and like many documentaries they often jump to conclusions or word things to make people who don't jump to their conclusions seem like an idiot. I think they did land on the moon just because i haven't seen any evidence good enough to disprove the evidence that they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.