America - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: America

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

America

Okay, this probably is a political thread, in a manner of speaking. But if it's not against the rules to proclaim your love for your own country, surely it's not against the rules to proclaim respect for someone else's. The main criticism here is not political at all, it's about people's reactions to hostility. If the mods deem it to be political, then I apologise profusely to them.

I'm not an anti-American. I'm massively pro-American. I love American Capitalism, I think the presidential system is much better than having a pampered monarch as head of state. In fact, I love almost everything about the way things are done in America as opposed to here.

But to say that I should love abseloutely everything about America, and accuse me of anti-Americanism when I disagree with the prevaling popular American attitude on certain issues (like the recent post on gun control) is just ridiculous. I (and others) didn't choose to oppose those issues because I dislike America. I don't dislike America, but if I did, surely it would be the other way round. We develop likes and dislikes of a country based on what we percieve to be national traits, we don't start off disliking a country and then develop a dislike for those traits.

The reason we aren't allowed to have political discussions on this forum is because we don't seem to be capable of doing it maturely. Part of this is because of idiots who simply want to trash other people's way of life, but another part of it is because people make personal assumptions based on people's opinions. I don't assume you're a survivalist nutcase just because you're against gun control, equally, I don't expect people to assume I'm a xenophobic anti-American because I support gun control.

There, I've said my piece. I'm not sure why I even wanted to say this, but if it helps people on both sides of the Atlantic to talk to each other in a more civilized manner, then it's probably worth the likelyhood of it getting shut down. :/

Sorry mods.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x8)

But at the end of the day, this is a Wargames forum, so we are here to talk wargames...ok, we have a members hangout bit, but thats not the point. I think most subjects should be allowed here, BUT...

For the time being, all political topics and stuff that can degrade with ease into Flames have been banned due to people not being able to use the PM system when they feel the need to flame.

Now, to the point. Im not going to warn you, but I do have a right mind to. You posted this, yet you knew it was banned, So please dont do it again.

Thanks.
    Toastee
    Want to chat? You can normally find me in the LO CHAT!
    LO CHAT! JOIN US NOW AND BECOME A GOD OF BACON.

Closed Thread