Cows Rock! or An Homage to Cheeses everywhere! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    137 (x3)

Cows Rock! or An Homage to Cheeses everywhere!

First off, since the site change I've lost track of the search engine. So if this has been covered before don't hit me with the mod hammer too hard.

I couldn't pick a title so I settled for both. The biggest reason was I wasn't sure if I wanted to just talk about cheeses or include just how much the humble cow can be considered the saviour of humanity!

I'll start with cheese. I love it! Simple. I will try any cheese you present me with (at least once).

I don't care how it smells, I will try it.

My personal favorite is sharp Wisconsin cheddar. The kind you find in a wheel covered in wax. So tasty! So tangy! I can make sandwiches with it or just eat it by itself or with crackers!

There is also a cheddar cheese that is made by the U.S. government that is pretty darn awesome. You have to be an underpriveledged family or buy a block from an underpriveledged family to get it though. But it is worth every penny you pay to get it ( I have paid $20 for a 5 pound block before).

Swiss, gouda, montery jack, pepper jack, habenero jack, muenstar, provolone, the list goes on. I've heard tell that France has over 300 national cheeses! I will make the trip to try each one when I have enough money.

If you are lactose intolerant all I can say is too bad for you, more for me!

Now to the saviour of humanity.

How did I come to that conclusion? Simple.

I was gnawing on my favorite brand of mummy just yesterday. What? Mummy? That's right, mummy.

What else can beef jerky be called? You are only kidding yourself if you think it isn't mummified flesh of dead cow! But damn I love good mummy!

Peppered, teriyaki, sweet, hot, the list goes on. Mummy is just damn good!

My car seats, my shoes, my jacket, my belt are all made of what? You guessed it...Cow.

What do I pour over my cereal hot or cold in the morning? Cow milk!

What's in my babies bottle now that they're old enough? Cow milk!

What's that in my coffee or my tea? Cow milk!

How's that steak? Is your hamburger good? How about some barbecue beef ribs? Mmmm!

What's my favorite animal again? You guessed it, my dog! Hehe. But even he eats cow!

And don't even get me started on yardbird! (That's chicken for those that don't know, hehe!)

Last edited by Joker; March 31st, 2005 at 16:39. Reason: spelling (oh how I miss spellcheck!)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

Hehe, I love milk. And cows are one of my favourite animals because their so funny. Mooo. Lol. (Think Earthworm Jim).

I'd probably drink close to a litre of milk at breakfast, maybe 7-10litres a week.

I love cheese too. What a cool topic Joker.

Oh, and steak! I love steak. Bbqed mostly, but slow cooked steak is one of my favourite meals.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

137 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by psteve
    And cows are one of my favourite animals because their so funny. Mooo. Lol. (Think Earthworm Jim).
    Oh my god, I left out video game cows! Thanks psteve! The cows in earthworm Jim are hilarious! And don't forget about the French knights chasing away King Arthur and his 'brave' knights in 'Monty Python's The Holy Grail' by throwing a cow at them!

That's just classic.

What an animal!

What a resource! Meat, milk, cheese, clothes, shelters (think teepee), the bones can be made into sewing needles (crude but workable) the gut can be string, and we can't forget the entertainment value either (thanks again psteve)!

Hehe!
    Last edited by Joker; March 31st, 2005 at 16:51.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

147 (x5)

Fetchez la vache!
    "It fits like clothes made out of wasps!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

137 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Phobos
    Fetchez la vache!
    Exactly! Thanks Phobos. I never really understood what the kanigits in the castle were saying. I knew it was French, I just didn't know the phrase. hehehe.

And that reminds me that I forgot that the use of Plague cows was one of man's first real WMD!

And maybe there is some one out there that can tell me if the lunar command modules seats were made out of leather!

If so, a case can be made that not only did cow's help man go to the moon, they made the trip with him!

But I notice that few people even commented on cheese, and I felt certain that subject was more likely to drive this thread.

:cool:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The humble cow. Ever worshipped by all those on WoW playing Tauren. Silly people, playing as an over grown cow.

Steak loverly stuff.
    Cheese, er ok, s'pose its not too bad.
    Milk, being slightly lactose intolerant...........

Cow, the most overused animal on the planet, LO pays homage to you with this thread!
    Archaon's Top Tip for profiting from the End Time: Pillage before you burn

When I say jump you don't ask me 'How high?' maggot! You jump!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*EATS THE COW*

Yummy! XD!!

hm... milk.. yeah... milk.. *takes up a glass of milk and drinks it, in a sexy way*

*laughs* =D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x2)

This reminds me of the album I'm listening to right now. "Cowboys from Hell" by Pantera! Raise thine axe in honor of the King of Thrash!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love dairy stuff; no wonder the cow is the sacred animal of India!
    (although i can't stand that sliced cheese stuff, you know the stuff you find in burgers, in fact, all artificial 'cheese' is nasty eg. cheesestrings, burger cheese, cheese spread etc.)
    I particually like stilton and my chedder has to be at least extra-mature, wensledale is very nice aswell, especially with cranberries. yum yum

I LOVE CHEESE!!!!!!!!!
    Life is too serious to be taken seriously

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

137 (x3)

Thanks for the kudos ozzfan!

Yep, the people of India 'almost' have it right! Except for the whole 'don't eat the cow' thing!

Boy are they missing out.

I can't imagine what life would be like without ice cream, or shakes or malts! If I had to do without a good beef stew or brisquit or roast beef sandwhiches smothered in gouda and horseradish I may end up mental (err..more mental!)

Who ever came up with the whole idea of cheese should have; at the very least; a giant statue in their honor.

I'm not really a big fan of processed cheese slices because they pretty much miss the point of what cheese is all about, not to mention being flavorless (or worse) little slices of crap.

The only processed cheese I have the slightest respect for is Velveeta, and that's only because it melts real good in my cheese egg omelets and some soups I use it in.

Now Archaon when you say 'slightly' lactose intolerant, do you mean you still get to enjoy some dairy?
    Last edited by Joker; April 4th, 2005 at 16:56.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast