Immortality - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Immortality

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you were givin Immortality, without asking, it just dumped on you by some god wanting to see how a pitiful human would handle it, what would you do? how would you react? would you see it as a blessing or a curse?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

I would use it for the betterment of mankind. Admittedly it would mean a lot of people dying by not accepting my rule, but I would certainly try and make life worth living for millions of people around the world, and to try and develop science for the betterment of mankind rather than just entertainment which is what seems to be happening more and more nowadays.

Ultimately my goal would be interstellar travel, and the first human colonies on other planets outside our solar system.
    "It fits like clothes made out of wasps!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes....i would see it as a curse, as i would realize i would live as everyone i knew would die.....i dont know exactly how i would react, but i would probably train myself as there would be little else to do....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would hate it. Imagine hovering in the lifeless void of space, the Planet Earth being long destroyed, all alone and unable even to scream in anguish. The last of your kind, having seen so much death and destruction that you've been driven past insane into a sort of stark sanity, where everything is laid bare. Knowing only the truth and how horrible it is, and the ultimate reality of the universe... destined to exist forever alone... sounds like hell to me.
    Si em, tow en can de lach.
    Tak! Tak! Tak ah wan, Tak a lah!
    Mi tow, can de lach.
    Mi him, en tow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, thats about how i see it, but im not that good with words.....my friends quote he had on an online game made me post this....this was the quote

"If you were offered Immortality, would you really want it?"

I am also sure at first most people would not realise what would eventually happen, and they would see it as a blessing, but as family and friends started to die, they would realise that it was the ultimate curse, and start down the road of insanity...but these are just my thoughts on the issue....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kool, just think how many games of 40k you could play...WAAAGH!
    "Da Orks is da best cuz we ar ded ard an killy, mean, green, krumpin machines, hav da most dakka, da stompiest dreads, da shootiest gunz, da biggest bosses, an we uze choppas...WAAAGH!"
    Warlord Hakbash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'd take it as a gift. the only way to fgure out the riddles of the universe without dying. yeah watching your friends die will be crappy but think about all the experiences you will have. all the events you will witness and just how many goddamn chicks can you lay in a millenia?

i would definately see it as a blessing and as a curse, just like mortality is either way theres the pros and cons.
    Wir Werden Vorherrschen!

"I cast Lvl. 3 Eroticism. You turn into a real beautiful woman."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many ex-wives / ex-girl friends could you accumilate in that period of time?
    "Da Orks is da best cuz we ar ded ard an killy, mean, green, krumpin machines, hav da most dakka, da stompiest dreads, da shootiest gunz, da biggest bosses, an we uze choppas...WAAAGH!"
    Warlord Hakbash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

It would be sweet. I'd go on killing sprees, commit the most violent acts imaginable, and fight anyone trying to stop me, secure in the knowledge I'd win anyway because they'd be trying to kill me. The crappy part is when this planet blows up and you're floating around in space.
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, the planet blowing up sounds a bit depressing, doesn&#39;t it?
    Well in space no one can hear you WAAAGH&#33;
    &quot;Da Orks is da best cuz we ar ded ard an killy, mean, green, krumpin machines, hav da most dakka, da stompiest dreads, da shootiest gunz, da biggest bosses, an we uze choppas...WAAAGH&#33;&quot;
    Warlord Hakbash

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast