War with Iraq - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should we go to war with Iraq?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 65.22%
  • No

8 34.78%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: War with Iraq

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

War with Iraq

In case any of you didn't hear......
    President Bush has just told Saddam Husseian that he and his sons have 48 hours to leave Iraq before the War is launched. Bush had said this along with a speech earlier today.

What do you think about a war with Iraq?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a Political Science student right now and I can't think of any good reason to go to war with Iraq at the moment. From all of our research and studies the case for war just isnt strong enough. Most of America agrees with the rational response and oppose war but i will support our army in the end.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The question of IF the USA should go to war is not a clear yes...
    Iraq has weapons of mass destruction, no doubt about that... then it hits you again that no way in hell that Saddam Hussein will give them up. He's been sitting as their head of state for around 25 years, what makes you even consider that he will give up or go into exile...

The question wether the USA will go to war is not a question of if anymore, it's a question of when...
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I for one think we should go. To me its about doing what you say. The world said "Iraq disarm or else." and Iraq said "Ok", and Iraq has not lived up to their end and now we must live up to your's even if there are those that won't (France, Gremany, Russia). Its that simple to me. I wish I was with them.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True, Iraq has not got to terms with the orders they have recieved about disarming.
    They have had their chance to disarm since the gulf war 12 years ago.
    As The White House has said, "the diplomatic window is closed..."

HEY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

I do think that something should be done. But I don't think that war is the answer. The people of Iraq are not our enemy. The people of Iraq are under threat if they oppose Saddam. The biggest worry at the moment is the phneumonia thing going around that has no cure. Biological weapon?

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be, hard to say...

HEY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The biggest worry at the moment is the phneumonia thing going around that has no cure. Biological weapon?
    Doubt it. It seems to have started in the Asia area, which I believe is where a lot of flus get their start (could be wrong). Also, if a biological weapon had been employed you would see a much greater concentration of the illness in one city.

The question over whether or not to go to war in Iraq is kind of moot now. I do agree with Norseman that it is a question of doing what you say and maintaining credibility. If we lose the credibility of our deterent, how many more rogue regimes will try something thinking they can get away with it the way Iraq has? I generally don't like Bush and think he has diplomatically been backing himself into not having many allies for over a year. :roll: Then again he doesn't have much of a choice now. Resolution 1441 said that Iraq had to show immediate and active cooperation. They didn't. It seems over to me.

I have two big concerns. One is that we have somehow underestimated the Iraqi will to fight. Hopefully after Hussein is out of power (because I doubt we will enter most of the cities until we've taken Baghdad) most of the civilians and military personell of Iraq will not fight. This way we will be able to avoid most of the street fighting. But on the off chance they do fight...we're better equipped, better trained, better everything, but it will still be costly.

My other fear is bio and chem weapons. Our troops and the Brittish troops are, as far as I know, fairly well protected. The Iraqi civilians are not. The question is not will Hussein use such weapons, it is will his military commanders, middle ranking officers, use them? If they do, we could have a lot of civilian casualties, especially if they go biological.

However, the decision has been made, we are going to war, so I personally fall in line and give my full support to the war effort. Let's fight the war properly since we're going to fight it anyways, and discuss it once our troops are no longer being shot at.

edit: Dragonslayero: I don't think anyone believes Hussein will go into exile. Bush put out the 48 hour ultimatum because going straight to war without offering one more chance for Hussein to leave would look hasty and to allow people like Tony Blair to get everything tied up and ready to go politically in their own countries.

Also, for those of you in Brittain, how well does Blair seem to be riding out this whole thing. Think he'll be able to hold his post? I really like him, it would be a shame to see him go...
    "Don't Delay-The best is the enemy of the good. By this I mean that a good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan next week. War is a very simple thing, and the determining characteristics are self-confidence, speed, and audacity. None of these things can ever be perfect, but they can be good."
    -General George S. Patton, Jr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

help im gonna die!! and if i dont die from that the virus will get me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

I didn't used to be but now I believe it is necessary.

I just wrote a long statement as to why it was necessary but the f***ing 'Invalid_session erased it... so maybe I'll write it again later...

This is the second time it's happened today... Gotta remember to copy my messages before I post them...
    "We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."
    -Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast