Der Untergang, the downfall of Hitler and the third reich - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Der Untergang, the downfall of Hitler and the third reich

The movie had premiere in my town about 1 week ago. A bit late, since I saw that it was showing in Bergen, Norway when I was there in March.

Hearing it was good I got my hair and moustache fixed in an appropiate way before I went watching it with my friends. Hey, if people can dress up as the bad guys in Star Wars, I should be allowed to do it for other movies.
    I was not killed on the way, but got alot of looks.

This movie is probably the best WWII movie I've seen so far. Real german instead of american english with an accent like alot of historical movies, big + right there
    The acting was awesome (a million hot dogs-awesome, sir) and so was the enviroment, the lighting, everything. Can't find anything I don't like with it.

Anyone else seen it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Back in action! Lord Yossanrion's Avatar
    Canberra, ACT, Australia, reading "Make-Out Paradise."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    206 (x6)

I have't seen that, But I have seen an excellent movie, "Downfall", also in "real" German, about the last days in Hitler's bunker. Very depressing, realisitc, and truthfull. Perhaps a (Very) few amount of other Canberrans have seen it "Electirc Shadows"? Thats were I saw it. Five Stars. WW2 movies getting alot better, and deeper these days, which is great.

Yossanrion
    Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe it's called The Downfall in english. Sounds like you saw the one I saw anyway
    I've asked around brits and americans but they haven't even heard of it.. bit unhyped movie I'd say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x4)

Yes!!! This movie was absolutely awesome! So depressing all of the way through it seeing what everyone was resorting to (poisons, suicides, etc). Hitler's mental state was excellently portrayed as well I think, he was still depending on units that he refused to acknowledge were almost obliterated to break through the Allied or Russian lines. His hand twitch got worse throughout the movie as well, which was a nice touch too I thought. I did feel especially sorry for the secretaries though. Not may people have seen it here, I thought it was brilliant.
    The iron crowned is getting closer,
    Swings his hammer down on him,
    Like a thunderstorm he's crushing,
    Down the Noldor's proudest king.

Under my foot, so hopeless it seems.
    You've troubled my day, now feel the pain.
    - Blind Guardian

Back in action! Lord Yossanrion's Avatar
    Canberra, ACT, Australia, reading "Make-Out Paradise."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    206 (x6)

Ahh... So we probabley saw the same movie. If we did Kudos to you for seeing such a great movie. Well done!

Yossanrion

EDIT: That'll teach me to touch type. "weeing on the moive". How embarrassing!
    Last edited by Lord Yossanrion; June 4th, 2005 at 07:45.
    Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did not wee on the movie. Even if I tried, I think the guards would've taken me away.

Yeah I liked the hand-twitching too, the one who acted as Hitler was excellent! Those bursts of burning anger were brilliant.

And now to wash out my hair. 'tis almost hard as concrete now. Good night!

Senior Member Bobby_Wokkerfella's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

I saw it too!
    It was really well done, although in some places you can see the microphones in the corner of the screen (I'm picky I know) I loved that bit where the SS doctor wanted the trooper to follow him. "I'm not going anywhere. BAM!"
    Easily one of the best WW2 movies out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Der Untergang is the German for The Downfall, so you can be safe in the knowledge that it was the same movie you saw.

I saw it here about two months ago, and its great. The guy who played Hitler was amazing. One small problem with it though. At the very end the Russian troops just let the woman walk through. Now from what I have read about history, she was one lucky woman. But since it was a true story based on her book it must have happened.

Two big thumbs up.........

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

i read reviews of this film when it came out and they were universally excellent. Unfortunately as i don't live near a big city it was never shown in any of the cinemas i could get to
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Living in Germany I have seen that movie too and can only agree with you. Most german movies are crap (in my opinion), but I'm glad this one has become famous enough to make it out of my country. It was nominated for an oscar, too (though it didn't become it, but I guess it's a great honor to even be nominated).

You already said most of the things I did like about the movie. It's also good that the characters were realistically portrayed. I was especially fond of that one army general that was charged with the defense of Berlin, who reported to Hitler personally after someone claimed he had deserted. I believe he committed suicide in the end too, though, only outside the bunker. The scene where Magda Goebbels killed her children caused me to shiver - that awful loud cracking sound of the poison capsules was simply too terrible (though that scene was a bit too long, maybe).
    "Do you want your heretic rare, medium or well done, Lord Inquisitor?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast