Want the learn japanese? Read this! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Want the learn japanese? Read this!

A friend of mine found a rather amusing essay about people wanting to learn the japanese language. Everyone seems to be pro-japan these days much thanks to the great japanese manga and anime industry, and that means that people also gets impressed by japanse culture and want to learn more. This might eventually lead to the following idea: What if I could speak japanese, wouldn't that be cool? and from there it goes, this essay (in my opinion) describes perfectly the diffrent sterotypes that wants to learn japanese, so who knows maybe you'll recognize yourself in this text.

http://pepper.idge.net/japanese/

Quote Originally Posted by Daviszko
    Guardsman 173rd, those are incredible - you've impressed me and my friend who I linked it to. Nice work!!
    http://artpad.art.com/?ihxjyl1j1r4s
    http://artpad.art.com/?ihxveyxdfp4
    http://artpad.art.com/?ihz6s11k5ao

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uh-oh that essay was plagiarised from another site, the guy who owns that site didnt right it, another student did it for his college term paper, i know this cuz i found it like 2 years ago....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chaos0xomega
    uh-oh that essay was plagiarised from another site, the guy who owns that site didnt right it, another student did it for his college term paper, i know this cuz i found it like 2 years ago....
    well ok, I had no idea, and frankly I don't care. It's still an amusing sterotype description, and ps: write isn't spelled right, good to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daviszko
    Guardsman 173rd, those are incredible - you've impressed me and my friend who I linked it to. Nice work!!
    http://artpad.art.com/?ihxjyl1j1r4s
    http://artpad.art.com/?ihxveyxdfp4
    http://artpad.art.com/?ihz6s11k5ao

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

*Slaps chaos0xomega hard*

Damn it child!! Read the ****ing rules!! Do not spam!!

*returns to pint and slowly but deliberatly sharpens axe whilst glaring at chaos0xomega*

KU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very funny........I know a fellow who wanted to learn Japanese and although I dont think he is one of the stereotypes its fun to imagen him as one......mur ha haaar
    A Rhino? SLOTH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

I'm learning Japanese now, and going to university next year to study it.. Still, I can laugh at that essay, and myself.

I must admit that most of the people I meet through my study fall into one of those categories. Fortunately, I don't think I do quite yet. Those soul sucking anime freaks are working hard though..
    Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; June 4th, 2005 at 23:19.

Zed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

It's funny, but even for a joke it seems a bit harsh. :confused:

It kinda hurts my feelings....sob...
    "DICE FOR THE DICE GOD!"

And the almighty Dice God said to his followers "Thou shalt not speak ye words "anything but a one" For thou whoever'st speaketh this blasphemy will be cursed with thy rolls being of one".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

Hehe..nice.I learned a little japanese, but that's just because it was profitable. My freind worked in a store that sold anime and he was too dense to grasp the language so he couldn't communicate with the Japanese customers. I worked there as a sort of un-official employee for a few monthes and got some free stuff.Plus now I can flirt with the waitresses in the Japanese resturaunt :p .
    Last edited by Edicius; June 6th, 2005 at 16:54.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh, I just finished second year Japanese in HS. Very funny, but I could'nt disagree more with his points except for the last one; my classmates are almost all ****ing idiots or anime addicts. I actually have found the language surprisingly easy to learn. The kana (phonetic symbols) are a little random, but most of the kanji (meaning symols) sort of look like what they represent. The grammer is exponentially more logical than English, though that really does not say very much...hehe :hmm: . I wanted to take German, but my school cancelled the program and replaced it with Japanese, so I took that instead because I didn't want to take Spanish or French (no offense to either language). So anyway, I'm probably taking this waaay too seriously, but tis a very funny site, despite being wholly untrue (except for the thing about students; everyone who studies Japanese is either naturally stupid or an anime-freak... except me of course... :rolleyes: )
    Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely...
    but it rocks absolutely, too!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast