We shall overcome GW - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

We shall overcome GW

As you all know, Games Workshop is the one of the foremost in miniature designing, casting, and distributing in the world, possibly the foremost. And as many of you know their prices keep rising and many have complained at the giant influx of new players. Many get frustrated, many avoid playing, and some have even stopped playing for these reasons.

This is why I'm suggesting that we take action. We need to change the way that Games Workshop runs its business so that it is more friendly for the long time consumers (us) than for joe-brat out there walking by. Here's how I plan to do it:

1.) I will write a letter with the assistance of everybody who wants to help, hopefully we'll get some English majors to help, since my English is horrible.

2.) We will distribute the final letter to all those we can who agree with us. This will be the most important part, since numbers are power. It will say who we are, what we want (details to be decided here), and what will happen if we don't get a decent response or concessions.

3.)Everybody will send the letter at a certain time, on a certain day.

4.)If we don't get a response, then we need to stop buying Games Workshop, Forge World, and Citadel products until we do.

5.) Hopefully, they will lower their prices and stop their "getting new players" marketing campaign.

While I have no problem with new people, in small amounts, I and many others are strapped for cash, yet would still like to use this hobby to assist in the enjoyment of life. If this works, we could save a lot of hassle for a lot of dedicated Games Workshop users out there. If not, then we may have wasted 5 minutes of time.

But again the important part is getting as many people spread through out the internet as possible. 10,000 people in a world of six billion can't do it, we need more. Many, many more. I hope I can count on some support, from fellow LOers.

Last edited by closet_anarchist; June 27th, 2005 at 06:57.
    Three Companies of the 26th Vinancium
    143rd Airborne Badgers (99.9% done)
    159th Corsair Rifles (35% done))
    69th Armored Wall Busters (95% done)

Total 197 men, 12 tanks, 4 Heavy Artillery Pieces

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Count me in.
    I have just started collecting warhammer 40K and his cost me a fair bit of coin. Also in the few months that I have been following GW I have seen 2 price hikes of around 5 dollars each. This really needs to stop if the hobby is going to survive. I don't understand how the company expects to gather their "getting new players" marketing campaign with so many price hikes.

As for getting more people to join this rally, I would suggest posting on as many forums as possible. Hell, try posting on the GW forum even :lol:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

I will come to the call of helping this idea as well. Its not fun to have to run to ebay for every model i want to buy... :cool:

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GW's never gonna stop trying to attract new player. But I agree that the price hikes are ridiculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hate to break this to you, but people try to do this kinda thing all the time. It nevver does anything. just drop it, your wasting your time.

don't wan't to be a party-pooper, but I just have seen this situation all over the place.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner"
    -Ben Franklin

-Guns don't kill people, bullets do.-

-Support your local game store! Don't buy online or from GW stores.-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I'm getting really tired of price hikes. When I started playing WHFB in 1996 prices were less than half what they are now. Inflation should demand a mere 21% increase in prices (at least those marked in USD) over that time period not over 100%. Ever allowing for varying levels of inflation in the main costs GW and Citidel face in production anything more than a 40% increase in prices is face in excess of what a reasonable coustomer should be expect to accept.

Also, for the naysayers, boycots are very effective as long as they are large scale, getting something like this to work will just require a lot of effort. The word should be spread both online and at everyone's local hobby shops (both GW and Rouge Trader). No one likes paying these prices, we just have to organize. GW needs our money far more than we need their product.
    Last edited by QwertyMIDX; June 27th, 2005 at 08:09.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

This latest jump will average an increase of 15-20% which is downright ridiculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by QwertyMIDX
    Also, for the naysayers, boycots are very effective as long as they are large scale, getting something like this to work will just require a lot of effort.
    Me = naysayer. Because while boycotts can be effective, they need to be adhered to by a large number of consumers. A boycott of GW product wouldn't even get 1% of GW's worldwide consumers, for three reasons:
    1. Too difficult to manage, logistically.
    2. Many will say "Wow, what a good Idea... Just let me get these [carni/tanks/tacticals] first."
    3. A very large portion of GW purchases are not actually paid for by those who use them. Most are bought by parents/relations, or as gifts. More mature players either have most of their models already, or are able to plan effectively and not buy surplus models/the lastest great new release, and are able to afford those models that they do buy.
    ___
    Greetings from Planet X, I hope you enjoy your day.
    Join us in the Librarium Online Chatroom

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

No Chance? Sounds like a great idea! count me in!

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher19
    hate to break this to you, but people try to do this kinda thing all the time. It nevver does anything. just drop it, your wasting your time.

don't wan't to be a party-pooper, but I just have seen this situation all over the place.
    To give up before you even try is the ultimate defeat. So, you've seen this happen many times Cypher19? I'll take it you were on the end that said just give up, which is the greater of the sides, but people still stuck to their cause since you see this everywhere as you say. Even if it doesn't work, to know that you tried and then failed is better to have never tried at all... :cool:

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast