London Explosions... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

London Explosions...

Well, at the time i'm writing this (about 110 London time) not alot is known, and there is no organization that had yet taken responsibility for the bombings yet, and still no official number of casualties\injuries, but as somone coming from the most bombed city in the world (I think[Tel Aviv]) I know the pain and shock. So sorry for you guys, that souldn't have happened, and sorry sorry sorry...

"There are only two infinate things in the world, the Universe and Humen Stupidity, and i'm not sure about the Universe"- Albert Einstein

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member taint_of_the_dark_ones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Yeah, I just read this and it's breaking news across the channels. Apparantly linked to terrorists, but not to much is known. It's very unfortunate that this has happened, a day after the olympics were decided to be held in London, and during the G8 summet. I hope no-one has friends or family involved, and you have my greatest sympathy if you do.

Taint

The Uncivil Servent Mikhail The Heretic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x2)

Well it's not the first time London has been bombed and it won't be the last. Working for the civil service (admitadly not in london) you have to be prepared for this kind of thing in fact we had a bomb threat made against my office last week. I just feel sorry for the people who have been caught up in it and hope that everyone is alright.

Horus betrayed the Emperor because the Emperor crushed his favorite puppy with his Land Raider

Quote Originally Posted by Grephaun
    It's all about real ultimate power redoing the forum skin in pink and plaid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

I hope anyone here from London is alright. What about who did it? IRA? The Real IRA?But anywhay I hope no one here was innovled.
    By day he fought with sword and shield.....
    By night he fought with pen and parchment.....
    He was....The Warrior Poet.......

Fear the ANZAC Clan!!!!!

ORDER OF THE SHADOWY FLAME!!!

Do you have uber micro...????

Back in action! Lord Yossanrion's Avatar
    Canberra, ACT, Australia, reading "Make-Out Paradise."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    206 (x6)

I'm truly sorry to hear that the great city of London has been (most likely) bombed. Its a terrible tragedy, and I'm sure I can speak for all Australians when I say our thoughts are with you. May you be safe in this troubled time.

Good luck,
    Yossanrion
    Last edited by Lord Yossanrion; July 7th, 2005 at 14:39.
    Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    435 (x6)

This is terrible news. I switched on CNN as soon as I saw this post. I hope and pray that no members or their families have been injured or worse in these explosions. That they’re terrorist attacks have not yet been confirmed, but English Prime Minister Tony Blair seems to think that it is very likely, seeing as the explosions coincide with the opening of the G8 summit.

I pray for the people involved.

~Grephaun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

The details are still sketchy, PM will make a statement at mid day.

In the mean time...

This board has many members who live or work in the London area. They contribute because of a common interest, regardless of Ethnicity, religion, creed etc etc. It would be inappropriate to express angst aginst the perpetrators. Please do not do it or management action will be taken.

However I please feel free to express your sympathy for those caught in the incidents or those with Family members involved.

For one, my thoughts are with them

Cheredanine
    Last edited by Cheredanine; July 7th, 2005 at 13:29.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

I live in England, about 2 hrs away from london, but it's still terrible. For probably the first time in my life i'm watching sky news of my own free will - it's shocked me to the core, seven explosions in London. Supposedly it's the work of Al-Quaida, but that's not confirmed. Worst thing is that a lot of people cannot even get through to their families - most of the mobile phone networks are busy.
    After watching Tony Blair's adress, it seems like he's really shocked - most of the time through that speech he looked like he was holding back the tears, but it seems as though he's taking action and hopefully anyone who's sceptical of the government should be convinced otherwise if they saw the way he reacted then.
    Sympathy to anyone who has members of their family or who is involved.
    Last edited by Lordofchange; July 7th, 2005 at 13:34.
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

Latest from the BBC (12:30 BST)

7 Explosions:-
    Kings Cross
    Tavistock Square (Bus)
    Russell Sq
    Edgeware Rd
    Liverpool St
    Aldgate East
    Moorgate

2 Confirmed Dead, many more in serious conditions.

To quote the BBC - "Arab sources have confirmed with the BBC that there are strong Al'Quieda links"

Tony Blair as confirmed that this was a "Terrorist Attack"

"Cobra" - The plan used to deal with major terrorist incindents in London is now active.

At lease one of the explosions was caused by a suicide bomber.

All transoprt systems in Central London are shut down

Tony Blair will leave G8 and travel to London to speak with Police and Parliament. G8 will continue in his absence, and Blair will return to G8 later this evening.

At 12:50 the UK Home Secretary will make a statement.
    Last edited by Knape97; July 7th, 2005 at 13:36.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    293 (x5)

Despite the devastation of the terrorist bomb blasts in London, I'm proud and glad to hear that the Emergency Services had contingency plans for dealing with mass evacuations of Underground stations and dealing with bomb casualties and that they have worked well so far.

My thoughts are with the innocent passengers who were trapped in the dark and smoke-filled galleries of the bombed Underground stations, which are quite familiar to me. Pretty damn terrifying.
    Ryan Dancey, Vice President of Wizards of the Coast, believed that TSR failed because of "...a near total inability to listen to its customers, hear what they were saying, and make changes to make those customers happy." Are you listening, Games Workshop ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast