Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I'm going paintballing soon, but have never been before, and don't really know what to expect. Does anyone have any tips or tricks when playing paintballing?
I'm thinking I'll need help!
If the enemy is behind cover I heard that it's easy to fire up into the air. and the paintballs will come back down on top of them. Don't know much more than that over than it hurts like hell if you get hit.
"DICE FOR THE DICE GOD!"
And the almighty Dice God said to his followers "Thou shalt not speak ye words "anything but a one" For thou whoever'st speaketh this blasphemy will be cursed with thy rolls being of one".
1. Don't try and use one paintball to hit someone as they aren't very accurate. Shooting a stream may seem like you are using more paint but you can adjust your fire as you shoot.
2. If you aren't getting shot at, you can move.
3. Wear gloves as getting shot on the bare skin on your paws stings like hell.
4. Don't ever ever EVER take your goggles off in a live fire area, and I mean ever ever ever.
5. Its a fun game, so have fun.
6. Look for angles, rather then shooting what is in front of you look across field and this will minimise the cover being used by the bad guys.
7. Talk to your team mates, even if you don't know them tell them what you can see and where the bad guys are.
Helper monkey, bring me beer and donuts
hold the gun with the barrel pointing away from you and preferably team mates
occasionally it is worth while to act as a fire magnet, as long as your team mates know what you are going to do
you've got the paintballs to use, don't hesitate to fire
Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan
just to add on to what the others said, make sure you have money for extra paint. if you are shooting streams as suggested by Lurcher, you will run out faster than those that aren't. if you don't want paint in you hair when you get shot in the head and what not wear a hoodie, depending on the weather and location of the paintball place. if it is outdoors and cold, definitely wear a sweater as the thickness will dull the pain, plus you will probably be freezing your butt off in the first coupla minutes, before the adrenaline of shooting and being shot at kicks in. there is a downside to wearing a hoodie as sometimes it will cause your mask to fog up. when it fogs up you will be pretty much blind (speaking from experience). just sit behind some cover and wait for it to clear (DO NOT REMOVE THE MASK!!!). also, definitely wear some gloves, as getting hit in the hand hurts like hell. i got hit in the knuckles and it bled for a while, plus i had a mark there for a while. the pain isn't that bad, it's kinda like getting beaned by a handball, just in a more concetrated place, and by a pro baseball pitcher. it stings and will leave a mark depending where you get hit. also, wearing loose clothes will help somewhat, as it will cushion the blow more and sometimes the ball will not break. remember it is just a game and have fun! happy hunting ^_^
Always beware of middle aged men that wear white sweat pants and shirt. I thought he wasn't a big deal until, after getting my butt kicked several times, I found out that he was a ex-navy seal. Ouch.
<(^^)> <(^^<) (>^^)> ^(^^)^ Dance Kirby! Dance!
I'm kinda scared. :p Sounds like it really hurts. I think I'm going to hide alot, and only shooting when I know I can hit.
1) Be heroic! Half the fun is doing things you can't do if your life were at risk.
2) Keep a low profile. Stay behind cover when you're not moving. Move in short 3 sec bursts.
3) Talk to your team mates. Its much more fun with a group of your friends.
4) Coordinate your movement. You can pin opponents down if you fire at them as a group while a team mate moves.
5) Look around! If you start to pay attention to one thing, you'll get "target fixation" and someone will catch you with your pants down.
6) Use paint like its going out of style. If your going paintballing, you might as well go all out.
When you can't run, you crawl. And when you can't crawl, find someone to carry you.
If you can get your hands on some hands-free walkie-talkie type things, they are massively useful if you and your teammates split up.
Greetings from Planet X, I hope you enjoy your day.
Join us in the Librarium Online Chatroom
1. Pretend you're in a war film
2. Use as many catchphrases as possible ("they're not just in the jungle; they are the jungle...", "groovy..." in the style of Bruce Campbell, and "MEDIC!!!!" come to mind)
3. If you get hit, pretend your actually dieing
4. If a friend gets hit, kneel beside his 'corpse' and shout "NOOOOOOO!!!!" in classic war film style
Repeat if necessary...
Life is too serious to be taken seriously