Warhammer Fantasy Army Test - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warhammer Fantasy Army Test

Does anyone know a good Warhammer Fantasy Test that tells you the army you should play?

I took one I found on Google by typeing "Warhammer Fantasy Test" but its not good. It suggest I play an Army I already know that I dont like.

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Right now I'm stuck between Vampire Counts and an army with good shooting and/or fast Cav that i'snt an Elf (I know hopeless).

I have disided not to get a Dwarf army till Christmas becuase its being redone then.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

i took one that someone sent me and it said i should play Khorne....i only play 'ggod' armies they appeal to me more so i wasn't too impressed.
    Personally i think the best way would be to go to the GW site and read the introductory article things about the different races and see what appeals in terms of models and fluff- don't be one of these gamers who gets an army because they seem tougher than all the others!
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

Those tests are a waste of time. There was one here on LO for a time that was supposed to give you an idea of which 40k army you'd like to play. I took the test twice. The first time I got Dark Eldar and the second time I got Chaos somethingorother. I'm not the least bit interested in playing either one of those armies. Do you really need a test to tell you what you like? Just browse through different army sections here on LO and on GW's site, that should give you a pretty good idea of each army's fluff and playing style. Make a decision based on what you think, not what other people think you should think. O.o'

suf
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Theobold the Lame
    [...] Personally i think the best way would be to go to the GW site and read the introductory article things about the different races and see what appeals in terms of models and fluff- don't be one of these gamers who gets an army because they seem tougher than all the others!
    I fully agree! That's how I finally came up with the four armies/races I prefer: Wood Elves and Tomb Kings in WHFB, Tau and Necron in WH40k (go figure why :p ) - but it wasn't easy, took about two years to settle that!

Preferably you should really feel it is "you", not just any army. Good/Bad is one dimension, but there are many more: Shooty/Close Combat, Secretive/Visible, Sofisticated/Blunt, Masses/Elites etc, etc - and you need not tell! Let the force guide you (oops, sorry, wrong context...).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hear what your sayin but I have already read the VC codex and I like it so far. I also like Skaven however the Army I want will cost $174 (canadain) for 697pts but I have no way of telling how effective it will be. Everthing is Skirmishers (1 Assassin, 6 Gutter Runners, 40 Night Runners, 3 Warplock Jezzails. It would be 1 thing if I could buy the Battalion box but it comes with the units I would never even consiter using (I already play a Goblin Hoarde Army thank you very much).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Both Skaven and VC are very effective. Some people think Skaven is unbalanced. I've even heard that from my most reasonable friends, people who are unlikely to jump to conclusions. But people will say that VC is also unbalanced. Raising a unit and slamming it into the rear of a unit of chaos warriors in the magic phase and then seeing those chaos warriors flee in the combat phase will raise a few hackles. Oddly though, I find that even quite satisfying.

I just started wood elves, and it's really fun having a shooting phase, which you will have only in the most minimal ways with vampire counts.

Playing the different bloodlines in vampire counts is a lot of fun, and easy to do because you only need a few different models for your characters. Experimenting with, say, Skaven clans means a whole lot of different models as you change special choices and such.

Both armies are sneaky and fun.

You might go to the battle reports section area and look for reports for those two armies. Also, go to each army forum and look for tactica or just browse posts and see which you find more entertaining or interesting.

If you can, find someone who will let you borrow an army or proxy in models. Trying them out will tell you a lot.

Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread