While On The Topic Of Supid People A Question. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean in all honesty do we really need them...

Well except for child choking hazards and stuff like that, since a child at least diserves a chance at life, even if their parent (who would have purchased the toy if the warning sign wasn't on it) doesn't.

Think of it as population control and weeding out the weak of mind...

I really think they're not necessary at all because most of the people who would benifit from the advise on the warning wouldn't read the sign anyway.

How many people a year are still injured blowdrying their hair in a bathtub, and how many people still operate their car with the windshield shade in place... (Yes, there is a warning sign on that, which means a significant portion of the population was sticking their head out the window) or people who sit or stand on the top of a ladder, or people who stick their head close to a drill press when it gets jammed, or people who stick their hand in a garbage disposal when the power is still on.

These people are gonna get themselves killed anyway...

You can't move the furniture anymore
    And I'm not gonna trip and fall
    Going for the door

Fuzz - Helen Keller

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

It helps if you define what you mean by "Stupid". Certainly most would fit more into the category of "ignorant", for which there is a cure of forcing them to read more about their chosen or indeed all subjects.

I find it highly hypocritical of you to ask such a question when you yourself cannot even spell the word "stupid" in the thread title.

At my grammar school (Devonport High School for Boys, a bit of shameless advertising there folks! ) we are consistently told that we represent the top 25% of people intellectually in the country. It is thus that I find most people out of school to be... less than stimulating, intellectually.

But then, without stupid people, what label would we use to seperate the intelligent and the lesser so?
    "It fits like clothes made out of wasps!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm... so I did...

Well typing at 100+ wpm does that often

True it's like the great debate, without evil how do you define good... so I guess they can stay for our amusement

And I define stupid people as future darwin award winners, people who will die in a particularly amusing manner.

It's also sad, that most people who win darwin awards usually have this tacked on the end "He was the smartest person we knew"

It is the fate of the intelligent to die in a stupid manner doing something they've done 1000 times before.

I can't tell you how many times I've nearly died, okay so I've kept count 46 times I've almost gotten killed doing something reckless, but that's just because I don't care, and am only at peace with myself when I'm doing something that is most likely going to get me killed.
    Going for the door

Fuzz - Helen Keller

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

147 (x5)

Forty six times?

You need help, my friend.

Or a straightjacket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also I wouldn't label it hypocritical, as a spelling error and stupidity are two different things.

Hypocritical is more like a person saying I don't like being lied to, and turning around and lying to everyone else.

I was going to say something else but it falls under a holier than thou category.

I'll share it anyway since it's too funny.

Okay so when my woman and I first got together, she was still legally married, I'll restate LEGALLY married, it was no secret that she left her husband, but one of her "friends" decided to start talking bad about her behind her back, saying how she was cheating on him, and how she was a terrible person, and how she'd neeever eveeer do anything like that.

But it was funny because in all her high horse holyness she forgot to add the fact that she had cheated on her husband multiple times, while they were still married, with no plans of splitting up...

So many times I had to bite my tongue because I knew enough about her to get her in serious trouble with her husband...

Something along the lines of...

"So who were you with that day you got into the car accident that messed up your back, and sent you on a $14,000 cocaine binge" right in front of her husband

Or when she gets all condecending about people using drugs

"So how about that $1,000 bag of pain killers that was stolen from your hotel room ?", "Oh you had a perscription for those... really... well who's name was on it... wait wait, I'm going to use my psychic powers... her name was *Insert woman's sisters name here*"

Or when she makes some snide remark about someone being a bad parent

"So... you remember that day you passed out on the couch after popping a few to many pills... where were your kids at again, oh yeah, your 5 year old was out of the neighborhood, your daughters were a few courts down, your oldest son was god knows where, and your 3 year old grandson was nowhere to be found..."

Heh... she just cracks me up... I think she's an exception to the we shouldn't get rid of stupid people, we should keep them here for our amusement rule...
    Going for the door

Fuzz - Helen Keller

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

ehhhh stupid??? STOP USING BIG WORDS!!!!

hehe. There's nothing wrong with a few dumbasses brings a lot of humor into life, who else you gonna make fun of?

Besides I think knowledge in most cases is nurtured rather than nature, therefore blame the parents! If that kid shoves his finger in the power plug, then it's the parents fault, if he happend to be sleeping by the car wheel and got run over blame the parents etc.

This place would be a dismal place if everything made sense.

And remember: One man's genious is one man's idiot. We all will be seen as stupid in someone's eyes, so who's gonna classify stupidity???

Let's take my beloved 'Equizatore' (that's Inqie or plain Inquisitor to everyone else) for an example to him I'm the most stupidest (yeah i know stupidest isen't a word), idiotic, bitch on the planet who would more than likely place a big label bumper sticker on my forehead saying: Warning this person will trip over cordless phones. While I'd put on 'Equizeatore' Warning: Tourettes Syndrome ("TS patients may utter strange and unacceptable sounds, words, or phrases. It is not uncommon for a person with TS to continuously clear his or her throat, cough, sniff, grunt, yelp, bark, or shout." Source from: HardinMD)

Okay I think I lost the point...

Brains aren't everything. In my case their nothing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, I don't need help...

Okay let's list them

28 times running across busy roads
    1 biking on a busy road and getting clipped by a crazy driver
    1 riding a scooter across a busy road
    1 playing with a shark skinning knife and putting a 1" hole in my leg
    1 knife fight
    2 sword fights
    1 target shooting during hunting season in an area filled with liquored up rednecks (a stupid decision on my part)
    2 on a hiking trip walking home on a road with no walkways
    3 playing with explosives
    1 sticking my arm in a bon fire (A test of mind than, not a testosterone high)

Can't remember the rest, but I know I've done a lot more crazy stuff.
    Going for the door

Fuzz - Helen Keller

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Whats all that for? you making a list on what you want to do?

I can do it too with kandoo!

1 eat
    2 sleep
    1 eat
    2 LO
    1 sleep

and of yeah another man's idiot is another man's genious: look at me I'm a mod!!!! suckers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope, that's an almost complete list of all the crazy reckless stuff I've done and nearly gotten myself killed for it.
    Going for the door

Fuzz - Helen Keller

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

147 (x5)

Let's take my beloved 'Equizatore' (that's Inqie or plain Inquisitor to everyone else) for an example to him I'm the most stupidest (yeah i know stupidest isen't a word), idiotic, bitch on the planet who would more than likely place a big label bumper sticker on my forehead saying: Warning this person will trip over cordless phones. While I'd put on 'Equizeatore' Warning: Tourettes Syndrome ("TS patients may utter strange and unacceptable sounds, words, or phrases. It is not uncommon for a person with TS to continuously clear his or her throat, cough, sniff, grunt, yelp, bark, or shout." Source from: HardinMD)
    Lmao. Very, very good, Sis.

I dont think you're THAT bad, however, compared to some people I've known. People who have asked where London is, despite having a bloody great map of the UK covering the entire table in front of them.

The Tourettes Syndrome thing is something I'm definitely going to put on as my sig, however.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast