Movie Review- The Brothers Grimm- 4.5/5 stars - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member EverqueenOfUlthuan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Movie Review- The Brothers Grimm- 4.5/5 stars

The Grimm fairy tales, some may know as.. well grim... which would basically sum up the events in this blockbuster hit, "The Brothers' Grimm". Two brothers, Jacob and William are conartist. They go to random towns, claim they have witches or supernatural issues and "resolve" them for a heavy sum. Until the French leader tracks them down and tells them that either they solve a cause of disappearing little girls from a village. The french leader claims that its someone trying to copy the Brothers' Grimm and if they don't do what he ask, they will be tortued to death.

The town is cursed, or they live by a cursed forest that's enchanted by a queen that has been dead for hundreds of years. The little girls seem to be disappearing when near or in this forest. Its up to William( the charming and witty brother) and Jacob ( the fantasy writer/ day dreamer) to go in the forest and resolve this once and for all. With the help of the cursed villager, Angelical, they learn that maybe Jacob's imagination is actually reality.

The movie may seem out of reality and several fairy tales thrown together, but that's what brings it into something that's unusual. You'll see Snow White, Little Red riding hood, Cinderella and many more of the fairy tales and folk tales that people have learned over the years, smashed together in this movie in how the Brothers' Grimm might've gotten these characters. I loved it and i would highly recommend this to people who like either fun-weird and strange movies or actually liked the movie "Van Helsing"(it fits in that kind of fun genre). And its a must see in the movie theatre.

4.5/5 Stars

Edit: So what do you guys think of the grim movie and what would you rate it out of five stars?

Last edited by EverqueenOfUlthuan; September 2nd, 2005 at 22:16.
    "Don't worry about your grandmother. She's like that '53 Buick. Frighteningly indestructible. Maybe even immortal." -- Joe Morelli (Seven Up)

"It's all about the arrival, baby."-- Sam Hooker (Metro Girl)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might go see it now.

Thanks!

(P.s.) I like Van Helsing too :p

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

I'm flying back to the states in four days and I dearly pray that this movie is still out when I get back cause I want to see it pretty bad.

Thanks for the non-spoiler review of the movie. I can't get previews here in Korea... go figure. :rolleyes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x4)

I wanna see it, that review made me go like whooweee.......Wanna take me out Everqueen?
    -HONORABLE MENTIONS IN BLITZKRIEG PAINTING COMP-
    "THAT I.G. GUY WITH THAT OVERDEVELOPED TRIGGER FINGER"

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Please Note: Not everyone will like this film! I, myself, thought it was okay but by no means magnificent. It's a good watch, but some might not consider it to be worth seeing on the big screen - others will! (I think it was worth it 'cause I was with the girl I like, so .. )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x4)

Oh I hope to see it w my girlie... Cheers to Ulthuan!
    -HONORABLE MENTIONS IN BLITZKRIEG PAINTING COMP-
    "THAT I.G. GUY WITH THAT OVERDEVELOPED TRIGGER FINGER"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ AUN KOR
    I wanna see it, that review made me go like whooweee.......Wanna take me out Everqueen?
    Oh but of course i'll take you out Aun Kor... *snickers*
    "Don't worry about your grandmother. She's like that '53 Buick. Frighteningly indestructible. Maybe even immortal." -- Joe Morelli (Seven Up)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis
    Please Note: Not everyone will like this film! I, myself, thought it was okay but by no means magnificent. It's a good watch, but some might not consider it to be worth seeing on the big screen - others will! (I think it was worth it 'cause I was with the girl I like, so .. )
    ah. there's a good reason to go see a movie..lol. I saw it because i work at the movie theatre and get in for free... so i saw it three times.. oy... crazy me. No where did grandmother toad go?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marlinspike
    I might go see it now.

Thanks!

(P.s.) I like Van Helsing too :p

hey van helsing rocks...lol. but i liked it more than that.. its pretty close to a movie called "the Tenth kingdom" have you seen it?

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

I cant wait to see it, unfortunately its not out in the UK yet i loved Terry Gilliam films, they are all great without exception (including Baron Munchausen!!)
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

+ Reply to Thread