Hobby killers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hobby killers

I AM CAN HAS CHEESEBURGER bonjordo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

Hobby killers

well as the thread name.
    really, whats the definition to you. is it some that is a complete rules lawyer, someone who's negative about playing a game, or a bad sport.

and also, am i the only one to encounter someone that should be killed for the hobbies sake.
    whats the point of playing the game if only one person has a good time
    i also belive that power gaming is a form of hobby killing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I feel that rules lawyers really start to make the game get dragged down. Then also people that dont know their army very well, I've played a couple people that dont know the rules for their own armies. Power gamming isnt really too much of a killer unless its someone that you always play agianst and they tailor their army to kill yours. I think that everyone plays this game to win, so you try to become more effective at winning, but you need to keep balance otherwise you'll be lop sided and you'll lose to someone else. So I would say power gamming kills it to an extent. The last peice that I would say that detracts from the game is some of the people that go on and on and on about some custom chapter or what ever, guess what I dont want to stand around for an hour listening how your chapter was formed. But other then that most the people I play with are good people and I dont run into any of the above very often.
    Iron Warriors 9/1/0 (w/l/d)
    World Eatters 15/1/0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

How about "the scumbag chav" who thinks it's amazing to roar "wooo! Soldiers!" and throw himself against the window in a drunken stupor. He should be killed for the hobbies sake, definitely. I even have the mode of death, and it could happen - he walks past our local store every few thursdays bragging that he could have us all, even though there are several squaddies and up until a few weeks ago a black belt in jujitsu that regularly visit. What fun to see him beaten with a bottle, then have most of his vertebrae broken whilst someone is screaming in chinese/japanese/whatever language it is. Yay.

As for people inside the hobby - the guy at our local store, who's now banned, who had no models fully painted, no intact models, carried his space marines in a plastic bag and went out for a smoke in the middle of a game, AND was a compulsive shoplifter.
    And of course everyone remembers my story in "worst gaming experience" thread - the kid that broke my lord of change...god...i should have snapped more than his Falcon.
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really can't stand whiners. You know, the guys who point and scream CHEESE!! or NOT FAIR!! when you deploy your meticulously painted/converted/and legal armored company.

If it was cheating then it wouldn't be legal.

Now bow before the Emporer's Iron Helm, heretic.
    My blast template of S10 AP2 will toast all terminators.

Iron Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by CPT Shortcut
    I really can't stand whiners. You know, the guys who point and scream CHEESE!! or NOT FAIR!! when you deploy your meticulously painted/converted/and legal armored company.

If it was cheating then it wouldn't be legal.

Now bow before the Emporer's Iron Helm, heretic.
    I know what you mean. You play IG, but imagine playing an army like the eldar!

Me: *places a wraithlord on the table in a friendly 500 points game*

SM jerk: "Noooo! A wraithlord! I cant kill it, because I didnt borther bringing an army that could deal with MCs! Cheeeeeeese!" *runs of screaming*

or:

Me: *While taking out a tac. squad with concentrated starcannon fire* "Well, thats 12 wounds, it seems that you have to remove your tac. squad."

SM jerk: "What? No 3+ saves? That means that my marines DIE!? Cheese I say!"

or:

Me: "Well, the armies are deployed. Now, I´ll make a few disruption rolls, as I play Alaitoc..."

SM jerk: "What? Disruption!? Cant we just drop those stupid special rules? They confuse me, and forthermore I didn´t borther making a balanced list with vehicles in it, so disruption is cheesy."

I really hate that kind of players. For some reason they always play SM, and I really dont know why. Some of the best and certainly some of the worst players I have ever seen seems to play SM, but I have nothing against the space marine army or the majority of its players.

But the MOST annoying type of "players" there is has to be the little children. They are very curious, and they tend to pick everything up and somehow always manages to break it, no matter how much care they seems to take. They yell when they play, they dont understand a word of english, and they dont know the rules. Furthermore, they always drag along their parents, who looks at you as a complete idiot for playing with the same toys as their little kids. Yup, kids gotta be the biggest threat to the gaming society, but at the same time, the futute of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

Prize hunters. They're not as relevent in 40K, but I left Mechwarrior: Dark Age because of them.

They're the people who, to equate in 40K terms, play the most overpowered armies with the most overpowered units, 'paint' their armies by hosing them down with Chaos Black, giving them a squad colour and one other to get the 3-colour minimum, force you to measure EVERYTHING to an incredably exacting standard (It has to be to the EXACT centre of the base!), bend the rules to their advantage and, last but not least, get really damn *****y when they're losing.
    Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me.

Member of the Canadian Clan, eh.
    Mech Tau Cadre: 2000 points, needs paint and magnets.
    Paladins of Avalon (SW):-1500 points, needs paint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree about people who don't bring a balanced army, farseer.

If you don't bring a balanced army, or at least an alternate list, you are taking a risk. By taking that risk it means you could end up playing a game that is slanted against you.

Even when the list of an opponent is slanted against me, I still go into the battle full speed cause you never know how the dice will roll, or how tactically proficient your opponent is.

The Emperor blesses those who dare.
    My blast template of S10 AP2 will toast all terminators.

Iron Clan

I AM CAN HAS CHEESEBURGER bonjordo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

all valid points,now, with my many many years of wisdom () i shall discuss a story with you.
    i was in my local gw, playing a game with my tk agaisnt a dow player, whom is a friend of mine.
    then, a kid who every one refers to as "rabbit" came along, then started stating how much better he can paint then me."oh dont be offended, but i can paint better" or "my minis TONNES Better"

so we decided that some body should judge his best, and one of my best. so, my mini, not badly painted at all, with very nice shading, muscle tone (was a beastman lord), and good mettalics, versus he's crappy marine veteran seargeant.

now picture this, his vet sarge that is. no shading, just ultra marines blue. blood red over black for shoulder pad lining, and highlights equivelent of kindegarten colouring in (ie, over the lines etc)

god he makes me mad, i still think about it and it infuriates me, which is a shame. he even told a golden deamon winner that he can paint as well as him. ARGHGHGHGHGHGHHG.

now the steam has been vented, and i also agree with the little children part. kids who dont know there rules, and ask you frequently whilst playing them what does what.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

I read your post wrong, and made a reply that made no sense. If only I could find the "delete post" button...
    Last edited by Sareld; September 9th, 2005 at 09:04.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

Age is a bit of a hobby killer. So is work. Maybe it's actually only one of those.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast