What's the worst you've ever injured yourself making a model? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

What's the worst you've ever injured yourself making a model?

I sit here typing one handed, as I accidentally stabbed myself this morning through the hand with a blade. Thinking after I cut a piece from the corner of my finger off the other day, lightning wouldn't strike twice, I was forging ahead cutting parts out when my razor sharp scalpel (it's from my dissection kit from my biology degree) went all the way through the plastic and into my my hand, and I mean 'into'. As in there was only the handle sticking out. I sat there in shock for about 15s staring at my hand when a shed load of blood shot out, and I realised I should run to get a bandage. Due to injury, looks like my Armoured Company has been put back by a few weeks.

I thought I'd start a competition, seeing as you vets have probably done far worse at some point over the years. What's the worst mischief you've done to yourself in your modelling career?

Edit - Ha I was so bored and changing my bandage, so I took a photo (click to enlarge if you dare).

Last edited by Addoran; September 17th, 2005 at 12:56.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Xuy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Well the worst thats happened to me is when I superglued my finger to the table and the layer of skin came off when I pulled.
    A billion chinese can't be wrong - eat rice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

owww...

Well, I have a big scar on my finger from a scenery project. I was cutting out polystyrene hills with a pocketknife and did something wtupid and sliced myself pretty horribly. I ended up with four stitches.

I also just slashed myself working on my bolter prototype. It wasn't bad, though, I just wrapped it up and kept working.
    Quote for probably forever 'cause it rocks:

"Slaughter them, men, and bring me their hats."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xuy
    Well the worst thats happened to me is when I superglued my finger to the table and the layer of skin came off when I pulled.
    Thankfully a little superglue on my fingers is the worst I've had to endure so far too.

Oh nuts, I hope I haven't just jinxed myself...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the funniest one was when i tried to cut a 5p coin in half with a pair of clippers, the clippers snapped and bonked me on the nose and actually cut me.

the word was a slash with a modelling knife across two fingers when i slipped

(on a side not has anyone noticed that blood on a model looks nothing like blood red paint lol )
    Quote Originally Posted by artificer
    The quote is "in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war",
    NOT "in the grim darkness of the far future, there are these little, fat, drunken goits with beards!"
    WELL SAID, NO MORE SQUATS THEY ARE DEAD GET OVER IT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

I slashed myself across a finger once. It was a deep wound, and it wouldnt stop bleeding.. and I had a date 30 mins after. Needless to say, I never convert stuff right before something important anymore..
    Last edited by Sareld; September 18th, 2005 at 15:23.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fairly recently when converting my Hunter, I got superglue all over my thumb. It took off a layer of skin and some flesh. After I had stopped howling in agony I modelled some hooks connecting it to the ogre to make it look like a trophy. Art is painful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

Hmm, i was trying to cut the mold lines off of a model with a blade, and it slipped off about nine times and stabbed me in the finger each time. They didn't bleed much, but it hurt like hell.
    I was also using a pin as a guide for green stuff, to mold an energy beam around it - i glued it to an outstretched missile launcher hand attached to a metal sorcerer model, stupidly, point outwards.
    I then proceeded to drop the sorcerer. By a horrible twist of fate, the point landed outstretched into my leg. But i suppose it was lucky - it must have landed about an inch from my groin, but still sunk almost to the hand into my thigh. The worst thing wasn't when it went in - i felt a sharp pain, but couldn't feel anything once it was in. The worst bit was pulling it out. I was also really worried about the pin breaking from the sorcerer's hand and dissapearing into my leg, so i had to use a pair of pliers and just yank it...ouch.
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My worst is when i was stupidly trying to cut the plastic arm off a guy with and exacto knife and i wasn't thinking how i was holding ti and once the arm was cut off i stabbed my self in the hand i was holding the guy. It felt like i touched bone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i watched a friend stab a knife stright into his leg while using it as a cutting board during trying to cut the arm of a metal model (so he was pressing pretty hard). i think he ended up with 3 stitches. it was damn funny though

and my brother closed a pen knike on his thumb and insted of opening it up again he pulled his thumb out and it sliced it right down the middle ... that won wasent as funny

as for me, superglueing in the nude, nuff said ...(not really but you know...would have been a cool story)
    high elves 1/1/0 (since i sign on to LO, but countless battles before that)

building a new IG army as we speek its about 500pts sofar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast