Welcome to Librarium Online!
Everyone has a quirk. In the spirit of people getting to know each other (Hey, one big family, right?), let's share some of those quirks.
Now, the quirks don't necessarily need to be gaming related. Just a little tidbit about you that's strange in some way. And one that you don't mind being made fun of later. I only ask you share atleast one (more is fine), but I'll start off with two.
1) I cannot wear socks that have been on my feet without them being washed. It doesn't matter how long the socks were on for - five seconds, five hours, it makes no difference. If they were on my feet and came off, they go into the hamper and I get a fresh pair. Some days I go through four pairs of socks.
2) Ever since I was little, I could fold my ears into themselves. It's become a bad habit now, and whenever I'm concentrating on something, like reading an article on the web, I unconciously fold my ear lobe into my ear, completely hiding the lobe from a front profile view.
So, what's your quirk? Who knows, maybe you'll find someone shares it.
i hate my vegatables touching my other food. i always seperate them from my food.
I once developed a nervous twitch when playing a Piano piece. When I came to a certain part in the song my right shoulder would jerk upwards, andmy right eye would twitch, while my right hand was jerked of the piano. Wierd.
Additionally, everytime I smell Pasta and Jazz at the same time I feel sick, and my visiion becomes tinted with Red.
-I can only eat with both sides of my mouth chewing the same amount.
-I have a tendency to walk in step with people.
-I tap unconsciously.
- I get locked into mental barriers easily. For example, if I think about stepping on cracks, I suddenly have to focus on avoiding them or my mind freaks out. Fortunately, it's extremely temporary.
- I crack random joints (neck, back, knuckles, wrists, shoulders) throughout the day. This has made me very flexible, but also makes my joints extremely crackly. I consider this a dual benefit.
- My three-dimensional thinking often causes me to jump over and on top of things instead of going around them. This causes some interesting opinions and stares, but at this point I am very proficient at balancing and jumping because of it.
Basically, I have more issues than a presidential campaign.
Quote for probably forever 'cause it rocks:
"Slaughter them, men, and bring me their hats."
how do you smell jazz? are you talking about the music genre jazz? or something else?Originally Posted by Lord Yossanrion
one quirk: whenever i see the number 13 i must find a higher or lower double digit number that is between 10 and 20 such as 15 and blink on that number the same or more times i saw the 13. 15. 15. 15. :blink:
1) Outside of work, I am always barefoot. At home, shopping, partying, wherever. If I ain't at work then there's no way I'm wearing shoes. I think it is partly due to my tendency to sneak up on or past people; bare feet are much quieter than shoes.
2) I won't speak if a gesture or non-committal grunt will suffice.
Same with meOriginally Posted by neosonichdghgAlso same.Originally Posted by neosonichdghg
A few more:
1. I unconsciously bounce my leg up and down when I am doing stuff like watching TV, playing video games, concentrating in school (thankfully not when I'm painting). It raises a lot of complaints but I can't get out of the habit.
2. I have a tendency to get really excited about something (say collecting Imperial Guard) then when I buy like the codex and one box, I get bored with it and move on to another thing that makes me excited. I have to exert a conscious effort to not impulse-buy. Because of this I now have almost every 40k codex. (Missing WH, DA, SW, new nids, Cityfight and eye of terror).
3. I hate, hate cloth car seats. They are soooo annoying. I have only gotten used to the cloth seats in my truck and car after a long time of being uncomfortable. (the seats in the car still bug me a little though).
4. I have a tendency to go into giggle fits that last anywhere between 20 seconds to 3 minutes, sometimes more.
4b. I also usually laugh very easily when I really don't want to.
5. I have a tendency to talk at a higher pitch when talking to my friends and relatives than when I do talking in class and to strangers.
That's me. I know. I'm wierd.
Shields of the Emperor SMs (in the making)
Nurgle IG AC/Grenadiers
Remember, give people rep if they help you.
This is a true story:Originally Posted by smguy
One time, when I was about twelve, we had some Iranians come over to our house. My brother made some stupid joke that I would normally scoff at, and bizzarely, I started to laugh. And then I kept laughing.
I couldn't stop. I ran up to my room, where I lay on bed and kept laughing. After well over thirty minutes, I was able to come downstairs, but to no avail. I started cracking up again, and had to run back up.
I could hardly breath, and I eventually started to retch, leading to me vomiting all over the side of my bed. I managed to stop giggling for about twenty seconds to throw up, but then i continued laughing.
It finally stopped for good about a half hour after the Iranians had left. I had dug my finger nails into the bottoms of my arms without knowing it, and I was sweating profusely. I was crying. Then, i felt dead tired. I fell asleep immedietly.
The next day I was so sore I couldn't even leave the house, but that was ok because it was sunday. My limbs ached like you wouldn't believe, because I was jerking in giggles for hours. My mom was nice enough to give me breakfast in bed.
As for the Iranians, 9/11 happened a week later and they moved to Canada because they looked arabic (but they're Persians). i never saw them again.
How is this a quirk, you ask? To this day, I have never laughed at Anything that has come out of my brother's mouth. Even things that make the rest of the family howl with laughter don't even make me smile. I have also never thrown up since.
Strong showing from the Order. Nice .
Me? I can't stand listening to radio or TV commercials in which someone is talking with a mouthful of food; it infuriates me like nothing else. Why people think this is a good idea, I don't know (it's disgusting) but they keep popping up occasionally and I have to restrain myself from smashing my stereo with my face.
Sounds like alot of people have OCT (Obsessive Compulsive Tendencies), :p
I'm a bit stuck for ideas...(or maybe I just don't want to tell you :p ) But I do have this-
- Ever since the day I watched 'John Saffran vs. God' (An Australian documentary, I don't know if any members from other countries know about it) in the last episode, he was in the U.S.A and talking to this American priest guy who did exorcisms on people, I can never read a Horoscope again...
This is beacuse he decides to do an exorcism on John Saffran, and tells him all the things that may lead to him being possesed by evil spirits. Things like participating in activities such as Voodoo, Cult activities, ritual sacrifices (I'm talking about goats here, it was in some African country), Horoscopes, Fortune readings etc.
John had pretty much done everything he listed beacuse he was exploring different religions and their practises in his documentary. Now I'm not usually a very religious person, and I didn't believe a word this guy was saying about evil spirits, demons and whatever, but when he came to doing the exorcism, I was shocked.
John was in a weird kind of trance, and speaking some freaky language, and the guy had to get people to hold John while he performed the exorcism because he was thrashing about and screaming and stuff.
Eventually this guy finished the exorcism, and John Saffran couldn't remember a single thing about it afterwards...
So to this day, because I was so freaked out about what happened on the show, I can't and won't ever read a horoscope again. Call me crazy, but it was freaky...