Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
here is a list of some random weird things that you probably didn't know:
All porcupines float in water.
Armadillos are the only animals besides humans that can get leprosy.
Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks otherwise it will digest itself.
A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.
It was discovered on a space mission that a frog can throw up. The frog throws up its stomach first, so the stomach is dangling out of its mouth. Then the frog uses its forearms to dig out all of the stomach's contents and then swallows the stomach back down again.
A pig's orgasm lasts for 30 minutes.
Studies show that if a cat falls off the 7th floor of a building, it has about 30% less chance of surviving than a cat that falls off the 20th floor. It supposedly takes about eight
floors for the cat to realize what is occurring, relax and correct itself.
The very first bomb dropped by the Allies on Berlin World War II killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.
Every time you lick a stamp, you're consuming 1/10 of a calorie.
Many hamsters only blink one eye at a time.
A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.
The longest recorded flight of a chicken is thirteen seconds.
A ****roach will live nine days without its head, before it starves to death.
- A Goldfish's attention span is three seconds
- Animals that lay eggs don't have belly buttons
- Beavers can hold their breath for 45 minutes under water
- Slugs have 4 noses
- Camels have 3 eyelids
- A honey bee can fly at 15mph
- A queen bee can lay 800-1500 eggs per day
- A bee has 5 eyes
- The average speed of a housefly is 4.5 mph
- Mosquitos are attracted to people who just ate bananas
- Flamingos are pink because they eat shrimp
- Emus and Kangaroos cannot walk backward
- Cats have over 100 vocal chords
- Camel's milk does not curdle
- The world's termites outweigh the world's humans 10 to 1
- A hummingbird weighs less then a penny
- A jellyfish is 95% water
- Children grow faster in the spring
- Broccoli is the only vegetable that is also a flower
- Almonds are part of the peach family
- The only food that does not spoil is honey
- A ball of glass will bounce higher then a ball of rubber
- Chewing gum while peeling onions will prevent you from crying
- On average a human will spend up to 2 weeks kissing in his/her lifetime
- Fish have eyelids
- The average human will eat an average of 8 spiders while sleeping
- There are one million ants to every human in the world
- Termites eat through wood two times faster when listening to rock music!
- If you keep a goldfish in a dark room it will eventually turn white
- Elephants only sleep 2 hours a day
- A snail breathes through it's foot
- Fish cough...
- An ant's smell is stronger then a dog's
- It is possible to lead a cow up stairs but not down
- Shrimp can only swim backward
- Frogs cannot swallow with their eyes open
- A cat's lower jaw cannot move sideways
- The bullfrog is the only animal that never sleeps
- Elephants are capable of swimming 20 miles per day
- Elephants are the only mammal that cannot jump
- Giraffes have no vocal chords
- Cats can hear ultrasound
- Despite its hump...camel's have a straight spine
- Mosquitos have 47 teeth
- 11% of people in the world are lefthanded
- The average women consumes 6lbs of lipstick in her lifetime
- The average smell weighs 760 nanograms
- A human brain weighs about 3lbs
- 1/4 of the bones in your body are in your feet
- You blink over 10,000,000 times a year
- A sneeze travels out of your nose at 100mph
- Brain waves can be used to power an electric train
- A tongue is the fastest healing part of the body
- Pigs get sunburn
- The lifespan of a tastebud is 10 days
- The average human produces 10,000 gallons of saliva in a lifetime
- Strawberries contain more Vitamin C then oranges
- A one-day weather forecast requires about 10 billion math calculations
- Americans on average eat 18 acres of pizza a day
- There are 18 different animal shapes in the Animal cracker zoo
- The longest one syllabled word is "screeched"
- No word in the english language rhymes with month
- A "jiffy" is actually 1/100 of a second
- You share your birthday with 9 million others in the world
- No piece of paper can be folded more then 7 times
- About 18% of Animal owners share their bed with their pet
- Google is a number (1 followed by 100 zeros)
- Oysters can change genders back and forth
- The Mona Lisa has no eyebrows
- Until the 19th century solid blocks of tea were used as money in Siberia
- The average raindrop falls at 7mph
- Fish can drown
- A Kangaroo can jump 30 feet
- Lizards communicate by doing push-ups
- Squids can have eyeballs the size of volleyballs
- The average American will eat 35,000 cookies in his/her lifetime
- A turkey can run at 20mph
- When the moon is directly over you, you weigh less
- You burn 20 calories an hour chewing gum
- A one-minute kiss burns 26 calories
- Frowning burns more calories then smiling
- You will burn 7% more calories walking on hard dirt then pavement
- You way less at the top of a mountain then sea level
- You burn more calories sleeping then watching TV
- Licking a stamp burns 10 calories
- Smelling apples and/or bananas can help you loose weight
and yet they STILL manage to get it wrong!Originally Posted by onlainari
Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan
Actually, they disproved that on Mythbusters.Originally Posted by gamesondemand
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me.
Member of the Canadian Clan, eh.
Mech Tau Cadre: 2000 points, needs paint and magnets.
Paladins of Avalon (SW):-1500 points, needs paint.
EYUUCH!! :xOriginally Posted by onlainari
I can think of only 2 wishes I am left with because of this:
1> That I am the exception to this rule! :w00t:
2> That Beelzabub has a devil put aside for you, for bringing this to my attention!!
Last edited by Joker; October 17th, 2005 at 18:15.
Fear not Joker, your digestive system is arachnid free
Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!
-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.
Goji, you just took all the fun out of that.
Oh, well. Here are another couple.
The bagel is the most dangerous food in North America.
The deer is the most deadly animal in North America.
A lion can mate 50 times in one day, (I'd rather be a pig, quality over quantity)
Last edited by THE Hersh; October 17th, 2005 at 18:45.
A little pain never hurt anyone - Larry
HOORAY for Gojiratoho!Originally Posted by Gojiratoho
Wait...that means I'm a gullible idiot!
Scales of Justice do your thing...
Belly full of Spiders................./\.................Gullible Idiot
Belly full of Spiders
Ding , ding, ding!
I would rather be a Gullible Idiot than have a Belly full of Spiders! :w00t:
actually it is 1/10 of a calorie :sleep:Originally Posted by onlainari