What did you/ are you doing for halloween? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What did you/ are you doing for halloween?

Ive just finished drinking and generally having a good time with friends ( halloween here is on a monday so we had our party a few hours ago on saturday), I dressed as a pirate 2 of my friends dressed as black metallers, I dont really remember my other friends that much :tongue: I will hopefully get pictures eventually, but this means topping up my phone so I can send them from phone to email. So now I wish to know what you LOers are doing or have done for halloween.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

Same as every other year, absolutely nothing.
    "You challenge me knowing that I am Xiahou Dun!?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aww come on thats not exactly what i was looking for i want to hear stories of drunken adventures or misadventures.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    100 (x5)

Haloween's really not that big over here in Australia, it's more of an American Holiday. Annoying little kids still come around asking for lollies though.

I remember when I used to be one of those annoying little kids, I used to trick ot treat every year when I was younger. I dreaded the times when people would state the chose trick, and closed the door. Honestly, why do we even give them the choice. I suppose if we didn't, trick or treat would be akin to mafia style shake-downs for candy instead of cash.

I also remember when it was about 6 o'clock, and still bright daylight, and we went around to this old ladies house who lived next door, and she yelled at us and said it was too late for little kids to be walking around at night. Even though our parents were right next door. WTF?
    Quote Originally Posted by Visitor Q View Post
    By the powers I have just made up I, hereby award you with the Signature
    LO's Offical Uber GM
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverMane View Post
    dr_nick you are LO's GMing god!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Halloween isnt that big in NZ either, my friends and I pretty much just wanted a reason to drink while dressed up.

Thee Forsaken One

I'm turning off the lights and pretending not to be at home. ^_^ I ain't giving any punks sweets.

I'm also playing Call of Cthulu so that should be fun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    100 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Thee Forsaken One
    I'm also playing Call of Cthulu so that should be fun
    Rock on! Cthulu is great. Just don't open up any-transdimensional hell-holes that will destroy the entire world because of the weakened barrier inbetween the physical and spiritual worlds on Haloween. Nah, just joking:tongue: .

Go for it:tongue:
    Quote Originally Posted by Visitor Q View Post
    By the powers I have just made up I, hereby award you with the Signature
    LO's Offical Uber GM
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverMane View Post
    dr_nick you are LO's GMing god!

Senior Member Librarian Augustine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

I am sitting on my lawn and jumping on people who pass. Halloween is big here. and i will kick the ass of any kid who decides to take more than the sign on the bowl of candy says (2 candies). Then i will go to licks and say trick or treat to get some ice cream. Also i can pass for 12 so will get candy if i feel like it. HOwever right now im home from school sick so it doesn't look like ill be doing much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Absolutely sod all.

I never really got into the whole Halloween thing, only once in my 18 years have I actually gone out bumming sweets off people. In the U.K. it's not as big an event as in the U.S. but it's getting there, some shops (especially tacky newsagents) started selling costume stuff about 6 weeks ago. One year I was pretty ill and my parents where out. I got sick of going up and down the stairs so I just threw a handfull of sweets out the window whenever the doorbell rang.

When I ran out of sweets I threw rocks.

Nah not really, I took the batteries out the doorbell and went to bed.

Yes, I am a miserable bastard.

They also put up the Christmas decorations in the centre of York two weeks ago. In the middle of bloody OCTOBER.
    Last edited by Zveroboy; October 31st, 2005 at 18:08.
    Current Projects:
    - Watch this space.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, i went out with my friends! (i had a minor money scare, but in the end it subsided)
    although, i was too skint to get a costume. (i just had enough to go out and drink)

note: here is a brief history to joey and rich, as they get referenced in the block of text
    *Joey is doing the first year of the course i am doing, im a second year. i persuaded him to do my course! (so technically he is a second year)
    *Rich is joeys flatmate, and is always drunk.

i started by going round my mate joey's at 8pm. we drank a lot of beer in preperation to go out (after all, its cheaper to drink before you go out, and then just top up! )
    we went to a couple of pubs/bars. but spent most of the night in one called "walkabout" (i have never heard "backstreets back" and "the monster mash" played so many times! but it WAS halloween i guess)
    as you can guess, the music was sub-par, but the people there rocked. joey and rich decided to have a pulling contest. joey walked away having pulled 14 girls - he pulled one within 10 seconds of getting into walkabout (no joke). rich... he was ahead of joey, but then got wasted. i havent heard from him...
    those two are always going out, they know everyone.
    i met loads of my uni friends and made a few new friends. (im generally pretty antisocial)

i however spent most of the night with a swedish "fairy" (she was dressed as a fairy), but we spent most of the night talking about metal (music) (and goth "posers" who think "HIM" and "the rasmus" are the pinnacle of heavy/cool) and other equally inane/trivial things.
    We had quite a lot in common, it was scary (and she was really attractive too).

it was a great night! she got my number. (but i did make it clear to her i only want her as a friend as i have a girlfriend)
    i have only started really going out, but every time i do i make loads of friends! i used to with my old friends, but when i got to uni, i just didnt have anyone that inspired me to.
    it was probably the best halloween of my life.

edit: i am not saying all goths are posers, im just saying the little boys and girls who think the rasmus et al are heavy/cool and do the whole dressing up as a goth thing are posers, in my opinion. i just feel they are only in it for the "style" or "fashion". not for the true values or meaning. (dont ask me what the values or meaning are, as i would guess that varies from person to person)
    i refer to myself as a goth (or grebo) but dont dress up. i just dont like the idea of it (for now!)
    why does this all sound so bad! ill stop now and hope i dont offend anybody.
    Last edited by Malignant_one; November 1st, 2005 at 20:26.
    Apathy is its own reward...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast