According to your beleifs, what happens when you die? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to your beleifs, what happens when you die?

According to your own beliefs, what happens when you die? There are many different things that occur in different religions when you die, please post what happens according to your beliefs and give a decent explanation why.

I ask this thread because while firmly in my own religion, I like to do occasional religious research, so I figured I'd ask the highly diversified religious members of LO what they think will happen when they die and why. Do you believe in eternity? Ressurection?

Anyone who is Humanity is superior or Aitheist is very welcome to discuss their feelings on death aswell.

Thanks in advance.
    -Darien

Qui est Mortis? Lol, the rep... neggatized for something... lol that nobody payed attention too... Lol Goodbye all, BTW This is permanent goodbye so save some bandwidth mods delete this account :D :evil: :D :evil: :D

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Back in action! Lord Yossanrion's Avatar
    Canberra, ACT, Australia, reading "Make-Out Paradise."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    206 (x6)

Nice thread. ^_^

Mine: Well, I belive that if there is an afterlife, people will be sent wherever depending on their character, and what they did in thier life time. I really don't like the idea of "if your a [X religion beliver] your ok, but if your anyone else, even if your cool and nice, you go to hell." I also like the the idea of Karma, and Nirvana. Between those two, I guess. I guess, If you were to classify me as religion, I would be Humanist/Bhuddist/Agnostic.

"A good soldier never dies, he just fades away." - Last words of Douglas Macarthur.

"Death is not the end of the journey, merely another part of it" - Gandalf, LoTR.

Some nice quotes, I thought.

Cheers Darien!
    Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Hoss, do you mind if I call you that? Thanks for your permission. I appreciate the qoutes very much, and I am happy to have learned your views.

Anyone else?
    Last edited by Brother Darien; November 24th, 2005 at 05:18.
    Qui est Mortis? Lol, the rep... neggatized for something... lol that nobody payed attention too... Lol Goodbye all, BTW This is permanent goodbye so save some bandwidth mods delete this account :D :evil: :D :evil: :D

Back in action! Lord Yossanrion's Avatar
    Canberra, ACT, Australia, reading "Make-Out Paradise."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

206 (x6)

Sure, go ahead. ^_^

Quotes rule.
    Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

@Darien, it's actually Lord Hoss, (my nickname for him, my rules).

I believe in reincarnation and karma. Once you get a high enough karma score, you go elsewhere, (Heaven, the next layer of the onion, whatever, I'm not sure on this part).
    A little pain never hurt anyone - Larry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very well Hersh, Lord Hoss it is.

Reincarnation, interesting. You believe the one that you attain a higher plain of existence when you reach enough "karma" or the one you come back as a different creature in this world? I'm pretty sure the first, do you believe you retain all your memories and thoughts when your... uhh transported? to the next plain, realm? part of the onion you said?

Thanks to Hersh for sharing his views, may many more of you decide to share yours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

100 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by THE Hersh
    I believe in reincarnation and karma. Once you get a high enough karma score, you go elsewhere, (Heaven, the next layer of the onion, whatever, I'm not sure on this part).
    Really? That sounds a bit like the Rep system. When you get a high enough rep score, you go to the enhanced forum. A wonderful, magical, forum.:tongue:

But seriously, I'm with you on that, I believe in reincarnation and karma too, just not exactly like you do.

I think when you die, you come back as whatever you want to be in your next life.

And with karma, I just believe that what goes around, comes around.
    If you help people, be kind etc. you get that same help and kindness back from others, but if you are mean, and hurt others, that's gonna come right back and kick you in the ass.

That's what I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Visitor Q View Post
    By the powers I have just made up I, hereby award you with the Signature
    LO's Offical Uber GM
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverMane View Post
    dr_nick you are LO's GMing god!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

208 (x5)

Nice question (Y)

I believe in reincarnation too. When I first got interested in Zen I thought reincarnation was a silly idea, and seemed as arbitrary and made up as going to heaven and sitting on a cloud. I thought reincarnation seemed very old fashioned, but the older I get the more I actually feel in my heart that that is what happens. And that is the only evidence anyone ever has to go on about life after death, what they feel in their heart.

I think you keep going around until you have learnt every lesson there is to learn and then you are released and become one with the universe. This is a fairly standard Buddhist viewpoint. I feel privelidged to be a human being, because it means I have successfully learnt the lessons of every other form of life and am on the home stretch so to speak. I try not to waste the opportunities I get to learn the human lessons for this reason.

To me this makes sense, though I can see how it could easily be considered idle fantasy to someone else. But I guess that's the nature of all beliefs isn't it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

92 (x2)

The part about being reincarnated into another creature is one aspect of Buddhism that I don't buy into, (coming back as a grasshopper, who's Corn Flakes did I urinate in?). But, say you were an evil person, you might get reincarnated into a hard life, (I'm pretty sure I was a mass murderer in a past life), or (more likely IMO), you come back with a nasty Karma debt to burn, (bad things keep happening to you). It makes sense to me and it makes certain things easier to stomach, (it's why bad things happen to good people, you're working off a Karma debt from a previous life).
    A little pain never hurt anyone - Larry

I AM CAN HAS CHEESEBURGER bonjordo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

A) i go to pastafarian heaven, where there is a beer volcano, and a stripper factory

I die, and nothing more will happen. Sorry i dont believe i can defy Death through a belief in something...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast