Librarium Online Forums banner

What's on your wishlist?

1K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Librarian Augustine 
#1 · (Edited)
The holidays are upon us and many people will be celebrating by exchanging gifts.

It's commonly said among people that the true gift is in the giving!

Well, I'm glad that works for them. ;)

Me, well, I like to indulge my selfish side every now and again, and what better time to do that then the gift 'receiving' season! :w00t:

Most of the things I want can't be listed because of the mix of ages here at LO! :shifty:

Being married has it's perks. :wub:

Okay that's enough smilies for now, back on topic.

I'm looking forward to new ps2 and pc games, spending time with my family, snow, humongous dinners, even shopping for the ones I love ( yep, that selfish too, because basically any activity you do that provides you with some form of comfort or good feelings can be construed as selfish! )

What are the rest of the LO community members looking forward too?

Wallow in your selfishness for a change, it's healthy, I promise!

See less See more
#2 ·
I am definitely looking forward to spending a day with my family; we always have a huge family dinner at my grandparents’ house, and as usual this is the only time this year I’m seeing several members of my extended family that normally live too far away for me to come visit. I’m really looking forward to seeing how much my youngest cousins have grown, and hear what everyone’s been up to since last year. More than anything else, that’s why I love Christmas.

As for presents, I am one of those individuals who actually enjoy giving presents at least as much as I enjoy receiving them, and I definitely spend more time coming up with ideas for what to give other people than for what to wish for myself, to the exasperation of various grandparents and other extended family. I really hope this thread might provide some good ideas, because my Christmas wish list is frankly embarrassingly empty at the moment.

Two items have been added so far: Gray’s Anatomy (boring, I know, but I’m told it’s a medical student’s Bible) and the novel ‘Angels and Demons’ by Dan Brown, because I enjoyed ‘The Da Vinci Code’, and who doesn’t love the Illuminati anyway?

Apart from this, though, I have no idea what to wish for. I’d add something 40k to that list if I felt the least bit confident in my grandparents’ ability to navigate a Games Workshop store, but one of my cousins has warned me against such an attempt (he’s been a Warhammer Fantasy player for several years) and I’ll take his word for it being a bad idea. I have a notion he didn’t actually start out being a Fantasy player, you see, and yet ended up playing Orcs post-Christmas. :blink:

So non-Warhammer ideas are certainly more than welcome. What’s everyone else got on their wish lists? Any good books for instance?

~Greph.

#3 · (Edited)
a nice calm christmas, i´m so grateful i dont have to celebrate it with the bunch of spoiled brats that makes up my relatives.

generally have a nice little time with my family and grandmother.

good food, those that are closest to you and no stress... its gonna be a good day :yes:

as for a wishlist i dont know really, perhaps some perfume or a record(we arent into the frenzy of getting expenceive gifts around here, a fact i´m very thankful for).

#4 ·
Hmm....im looking for a box of Orks, a box of CSM, a box of Zombies, and a box of Maruaders for building up my LaTD force.

Oh, and as for everything else.....Im torn between the pc games Civ4 and Spore....might just get both. :)

#5 ·
Well.....the IB programme at my school partakes in a 'secret santa' event so thats probably the most fun thing this year as u recieve gifts from a secret preson and give one to someone else vise-versa.

Also gift wise I am getting a dwarf army deal for x-mas so YAY!!!

#6 ·
My list is semi-large because it's also my Birthday list (which is on Friday of this week) .. so .. it's something like this:

• Batman Begins (DVD)
  • Batman Begins (Soundtrack)
  • Halo 1 (Soundtrack)
  • Halo 2 (soundtrack)
  • System of a Down: Hypnotize
  • Q-Loader w/ two Q-Pods (Paintball loading system)
  • New paintball goggles
  • Paintball pistol
  • 2x Paintball pistol clips
  • Xbox 360 (won't be able to happen, though)
  • Few games for the Xbox 360 (won't happen, though)
  • City of Villains for the PC
  • Money :tongue:
  • Headphones

I won't be able to get the Xbox 360 simply because my family is having slight money issues. Nothing big, just that I can't splurge or anything. Also, for those who think I still have a big list.. well.. I have a big family. :tongue: I almost never get everything I want on my list, and I almost always get something that wasn't on there (that I appreciate just as much).

#7 ·
Woah. Lots there Nemisis. You like System Of A Down? :shifty: Hypnotize is excellent. :D You should join the Music Clan!

Mine?
- Complete Trigun Seiries
- Complete Hellsing Seiries
- Pulp Fiction
- Kill Bill Vo1 & 2
- Green Day - "Bullet In A Bible"
- Money

Thats about it. Short... but SWEET! :D

#9 · (Edited)
My list has stuff I need :(, but also some stuff I want :)

Hopefully an electric razor, coz I'm sick of using a real razor; It takes too long and every couple of week I have to spend 18 bucks on a new packet of blades :((

I asked my girlfriend for a Crowded House best of album as I've just realized recently how classic they are.

Any of the following books to complete collections. I'm not a big comics geek or anything but I have a few that I like and I stick to em:
Slaine (I really recommend these, they are big expensive books, about $70 AUS but well worth it. Very well researched story set in a sort of mythological celtic era, with some of the most beautiful artwork I've seen in a graphic novel. Even people that don't like comics will like them if they are at all interested in paganism and mythology.)
ElfQuest
The last Sandman book (Sandman is also great. It's another one like Slaine where people who don't even like comics like it.)

I also saw a dodgy console you plug into the TV that has Street Fighter II and Ghouls & Ghosts, the two favourite games of my younger years. So I want that.

Oh and DVDs. I need X-Files season 2. I'm having christmas with my parents this year so I'm looking forward mainly to not going to work for a week and just sitting on the couch reading/playing games/watching cable.

#17 ·
Wish list about warhammer stuff ?
Well the new Keeper of Secret from FW and some more Daemonettes for my Slaaneshi Daemon in fantasy, and for my Emperor's Children one more Sonic Dreadnought. Ahh almost forgot, the new Tyranid Trygon from FW for showcase.

#18 ·
Deek said:
All cool stuff ive heard so far, Hey lost nemisis is that the new paintball pistol on your list, you know the one that is the first to have a magazine feed and the CO2 housed in the magazine. That is so sweet. And so expensive but so so cool.
Nah; that baby, I think it's called the Tac-5, is running around $300.. the one I'm looking at (which is supposed to be one of the lightest and most accurate on the market) is only running around $100. ;)

There's no way I'm getting everything on my list; but I do have a large family, so I could potentially be getting a good portion of it.

#19 ·
I looking forward to snowboarding, new years eve battle report with my buds, family, tobogganing, shinny hockey at the outdoor rink, few snowball fights

and the wish list

Librarian Augustines’s Christmas Wish list​

ipod nano

Ravenwing bike squad, I would like 2 of them

Ones I want less​

4 space marine devastators with missile launchers blister packs and the devastators boxed set

Space Marine command squad

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.