An Imperial Guardsman's Diary - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An Imperial Guardsman's Diary

I was bored and I just got done reading http://www.flashfires.co.uk/41/diary.html

An Imperial Guardsman's Diary

Day One, Week One – Dear diary, we just got out of Boot Camp. It wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be. All we did was play Laser Tag with cardboard cut-outs of Orks and Tyranids.

Day Two, Week One – We got our regimental equipment today. It was weird. I swear I saw our guns before… I don’t know, maybe it was just de-ja-vu. Thank the Emperor we got the best Paper-Mache armour the Imperium could provide.

Day Three, Week One – We got our orders to go to battle today. Apparently, we’re traveling billions of Lightyears to a distant planet called Pizzaria V. It seems the Orks have invaded the planet. By the way, the planet means nothing to anyone. It has no strategic position and it seems to be a Death World that can’t even be colonized. We’ve been told we’re going for the Emperor, so it seems good not to question while the Commissar is around.

Day Five, Week One – Sorry about the other day, we were preparing for travel with some rituals. All the priests that were assigned to our regiment started talking in gibberish and waved smoky balls around getting all the smoke in the air. Mike got burned by hot wax. He screams like a little Sister…We all had a good laugh.

Day Six, Week One – Do you remember what I said about not questioning the importance of the planet we’re destined for (Which we’ll be reaching in two days…)? Today, a Commissar caught Bill saying this mission was stupid. The things that followed were horrible. Screams were heard throughout the entire transport. Everyone feared for the worst.

Day Seven, Week One – Well, we got prepped for our mission today. We’re to take the bridge across the River River. We all shared a giggle over the name. Three people won’t be giggling anymore…

Day One, Week Two – This is written right before the bridge is to be taken. To our surprise, Bill came back. He had the nicest tan of anyone in the regiment. We tried to get him to tell us what happened. He won’t speak of the horrors he witnessed.

Day Two, Week Two – We’re right here, so close to the bridge. The Orks aren’t even here. Everyone is a bit on edge when something happens. Not me though, I’m a man. What was that?

Day Three, Week Two – The Orks attacked last night. Well, sort of… They just yelled and shot these little tubular things. Some of them hit a few members of my squad. There was all this gross red stuff coming from Tommy. He’s dead now. I’m really sad. I miss him. I took his armour.

Day Four, Week Two – Sometime, during the night, a bunch of lasers came out of the sky. All the Orks started charging over to our side of the bridge. They were cut down mercilessly. So were some of our troops though. Luckily, my squad was towards the rear.

Day Five, Week Two – We got lifted off the planet today. What a relief. It kind of seemed for nothing though. We didn’t even really do anything except take some casualties.

Day Six, Week Two – We were assigned to our bunks again. It was a little scary. I stuck in the bunk next to the Sanctioned Psyker. I thought they kept these guys in cages.

Day Seven, Week Two – I couldn’t sleep last night. The Psyker, who we designated Dave, was babbling about the Warp all night.

Day One, Week Three – This sucks. Someone snitched on Dave. Now, bunked next to me is the Commissar. He has his Las-pistol out, cleaning it all the time. Bill won’t come around and talk to me anymore…

Andrew-

What signature?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno...you portrayed the IG as being stupid, which they're not. They should have actually done something, and the entries are a bit too short.
    Please read the rules regarding what is permissable in signatures

^Left there as my self-inflicted punishment.
    LO is the first forum I joined and it introduced me to the world of internet forums. Thanks, guys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

continue the diary this is fun hehe

In a cave underneath the great mountains gaurding a treassure you'll never find
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

I like it. It is exactly how I see the IGs and the entire empire.
    But yes it is a bit to short though. Could you make it longer...... perhaps add a mission or two???
    Dragons do flame.... but only when they are upset or they want to

According to new signature rules my hydra (the only reason for it to be here was to please Caluin) have been removed. But still dragons pwnz hydras anytime

Closed Thread