Avatars and personalities - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x3)

Sometimes I see someones avatar and go hmm, I wonder what that is. So I thought i'd start a thread on what your avatar is and why you picked him.

My avatar is blackheart from marvel comics, who has fought Dr. Strange and even the X-men at times. He's the son of the character mephisto, and I thought it'd go well with my name.

What it says about me is that I mostly like to be left alone, and have somewhat of a black heart, although not much of one.

win/draw/loss
    76/13/4

Ask yourself why in the world would you trust a win loss record? Playing them yourself is the only way to tell.

The true joy in the game is playing down to the last model, no matter the odds.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

Cool idea.

Mine's Yang Wen Li, from an anime entitled Legend of the Galactic Heroes. He's a very gifted, but laid-back fleet admiral who would like nothing more than for the war to end and to retire and live the rest of his life peacefully, drinking tea and studying history. The laid-back and tea-drinking parts as well as the peaceful desires pretty much define me. I'm also half-Chinese.
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

Mines one of my Orange Grey Knights, if I ever get a Terminator painted up, I'll swap it.

Might as well stand out

Mike

ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

mine? well, it's a grumpy looking wirehead. I have no idea where I found it now, and the only wayit kind of has any relevance to me is that I'm "wired" up to (or at most a couple of metres away) a computer for probably 16 hours a day (ie. when I'm not asleep)
    eh, I just think it looks kinda cool and techno-gothic, so why not
    Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    435 (x6)

I don’t have an avatar at all, does that mean I lack personality? :cry: Seriously, though, I just never found an avatar that I felt was appropriate for the forum as well as suited my personality, and so I’ve remained without one since joining. Recently, I was actually advised to avoid getting an avatar at all, since my lack of one has become more of a trademark than any picture would be. Dunno if that's true, though.

~Grephaun.
    "Girls are nice and cuddly on the outside, and freaky on the inside." ~ Lost Nemesis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Grephaun
    I don’t have an avatar at all, does that mean I lack personality? :cry: Seriously, though, I just never found an avatar that I felt was appropriate for the forum as well as suited my personality, and so I’ve remained without one since joining. Recently, I was actually advised to avoid getting an avatar at all, since my lack of one has become more of a trademark than any picture would be. Dunno if that's true, though.

~Grephaun.
    Well, I doubt it means that you lack personality, but it might say something about how you think and view things (like you said, your lack of one is a trademark). Not really sure what that says, but it's interesting regardless.
    win/draw/loss
    76/13/4

Ask yourself why in the world would you trust a win loss record? Playing them yourself is the only way to tell.

The true joy in the game is playing down to the last model, no matter the odds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

Mine is a Lord Of Change. Go figure.

LoC
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

I am a dwarf. Nuff said. :tongue:

It was drawn by Mead for me (the member who does the LIS comic), I asked for a dwarf and he gave me one. Thus it is mine, and is used on almost every GW based forum I attend.

Oh, that and I am short, fat, hairy, bearded, carry a large axe and grumble a lot.

KU

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

All the avatars I choose (as I switch them on a whim) try to capture the look of insanity and well, death (sine The Outsider is a c'tan, I might as well live up to it).

Thing is, its harder than you think to get pictures that describe the sort of (for want of a better term) hate that I feel the Outsider has.

That and I juat think berserk rage is kinda cool.

[edit]

Quote Originally Posted by Grephaun
    I don’t have an avatar at all, does that mean I lack personality? Seriously, though, I just never found an avatar that I felt was appropriate for the forum as well as suited my personality, and so I’ve remained without one since joining. Recently, I was actually advised to avoid getting an avatar at all, since my lack of one has become more of a trademark than any picture would be. Dunno if that's true, though.
    My take on it is that you are an enigma to us all (and more than likely, full of surprises).
    Last edited by The_Outsider; April 24th, 2006 at 12:23.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Well, I am a bit of a nintendo fanboy, so I went for a character from one of my favourite nintendo games, Advance Wars.

Apart from that I think that he looks regal and important, just like me

I have used this avatar for so long now, I don't want to change him, as I feel, its the most recognisable part of my posts here, just like I know when Kuffy (with the dwarf), Boba (with the brown skull), slorak (with the incredibly hairy man) and many others are posting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast