A Flashchat tutorial (for Beginners) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -26 (x0)

A Flashchat tutorial (for Beginners)

What is Flashchat? I can not begin to tell you how many members of the Librarium Online community have asked me that question in response to my Private Messages for them to meet me in the Flashchat Lounge. I have decided to write this in hopes that more LO members will utilize this handy tool. This is my first tutorial post, so please bear with me.

Flashchat is a real time chat room available to Libraruim Online members. it is accessable from the LO Forums page only. You do not need to sign up for anything. All you have to do is go to the bottom of the Forums page. Just below General and Off Topic Discussion is a section highlighted in blue, entitled What's Goin On? Directly below this is a box entitled Current active users. It has an orange "Plug" Icon to the left. This will be the subject of another tutorial.

Below the Current Active Users box is the box entitled "Memebers Currently Using Flashchat:" Directly to the right of this line will be a number. This is how many people are, or, have last been in Flashchat. In the space below, the names of the memebers currently or last using Flashchtat are displayed. If you want to enter the Flashchat "lounge" area, simply place you cursor on the Orange "Plug" icon to the left of the "Members using Flashchat" Box and The chat system will initialize, and you will be ushered into the Chatroom known as the "Lounge".

Now that you are in the lounge, youi will see three distinct sections. First, the text display area, (self explanatory) where you are met with an automated greeting. Secondly, to your right you will see a listing of the three chat rooms, The Lounge, The Resturant and the Bar. The Resturant and The Bar will be dealth with in another tutorial. Also in this section who is in which room is listed. This brings me to the third section. At the bottom of the screen you have the control panel and text proofread area.

there are 10 "buttons" on the control pad. 1) A: Here, Away, Busy, BRB selector 2) An Options Button; which opens a window allowing you to customize your Flashchat experience.
    3) A: Save button 4) A: Save button, where you can save the text of yuor convesation 5) A: ? button where ALL in depth questions can be answered 6) a "Smiley" button, my favorite
    7) A: B (bold) button, A: I (italllic) Button, 9) A: Text Color, Button and 10) Send, for sending your text.

I hope you find this tutorial on Flashchat Useful.

Sincerely,

Cirquemeter

Note from Grephaun: To join the Flash Chat, just click the ‘Chat’ link in the top bar (the one with the link to your ‘User CP’.)

Last edited by Grephaun; May 5th, 2006 at 12:25.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Nice tutorial! Can indeed be handy for some people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    435 (x6)

I moved the tutorial to the Off-Topic Discussion forum since it doesn’t pertain directly to the hobby itself. I also added a little note at the bottom of your post for clarity that I hope you won’t mind; it’s my experience that members prefer short-cuts whenever possible, and the easiest way to join the chat is to use the link in the top bar.

Good initiative, though! I hope we’ll see an increase in members using the Flash Chat now. :yes:

~Grephaun.
    "Girls are nice and cuddly on the outside, and freaky on the inside." ~ Lost Nemesis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Another mini-note, it doesn't actually say Flashchat in the bar, just Chat.

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

Thanks I didn't know any of that (sorry how did I become enhanced).
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

And if you go to user cp > group memberships > join group > flashchat, you get a cool title under your avatar which makes you cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    WILL J!~
    You have a beard. You are in dire need of nothing. You are complete. Amen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    293 (x5)

Or as an alternative chat medium, there is always the venerable IRC channel #Warhammerfun on the Gamesurge network. About twenty to thirty LO members chat there every night.

To chat, you will need a IRC client, such as the free mIRC (download from www.mIRC.org) or icechat.

Last edited by Hard A**; May 7th, 2006 at 20:44.
    Ryan Dancey, Vice President of Wizards of the Coast, believed that TSR failed because of "...a near total inability to listen to its customers, hear what they were saying, and make changes to make those customers happy." Are you listening, Games Workshop ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It won't let me into Flashchat. It's saying I don't have permission or some such deal.

That's all that's going on. See what you guys can do.

Andrew-
    What signature?

+ Reply to Thread