Next-gen gaming - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which one will you buy first?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nintendo Wii A.K.A. The Revolution

11 47.83%
  • Xbox 360

6 26.09%
  • Play Station 3

6 26.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Next-gen gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next-gen gaming

Now that E3 is here, what do you think about the Wii (*sniggers at name but not at what it can do*) the Xbox 360, and the PS3, do you think they are good, bad, or do you not care?

What I see
    Wii
    pros: awesome controller that makes things possible.
    cons: almost same graphics as game cube

PS3
    Pros: insane graphics
    cons: price, maybe $500+

pros: came out first, good graphics
    cons: overheats, program flaws since rushed

more to come. please ass your input.

i need to find something interesting to put here

Ok Scotty, jokes over... NOW BEAM UP MY CLOTHES!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

I think PS3 all the way (it doesn't help that I am a Sony fanboy).

Partly because developers like new technology to play with and the PS3 has it in bundles.

Without instigating a massive arugment over which is better I think the PS3 has it because Sony has got the formula sussed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I firgot to put my opinion
    Im going to get the Wii first, then if I can afford the $500+ for the PS3, then I will get it. The only thing preventing me from getting it is the price, because the graphics WILL blow the other systems out of the water.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

I'm going to wait a while before I decide. I like to see each system performing side by side on an extended basis before deciding on one....plus waiting about a year means lower prices x.x.

So far I'm leaning towards the Wii, simply because I like oddball games and out there concepts.(I just spent 3 hours playing Harvest Moon: Magic Melody) I did love my old X-Box very much and so I may buy a 360 just to stick with what I know is a good thing. I've even put aside my irational hatred of Playstation and considered buying one...untill I saw the price tag...but like I said, I'm just not sure yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

I love Halo and Elder Scrolls, so my vote is dragged along side the Xbox 360...Also, now that Bethesda has the rights to Fallout 3 chances are it'll be released on the 360D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Cllzzrd19
    I firgot to put my opinion
    Im going to get the Wii first, then if I can afford the $500+ for the PS3, then I will get it. The only thing preventing me from getting it is the price, because the graphics WILL blow the other systems out of the water.
    Don't count your chickens before they hatch, my friend.

At last year's E3, sony had a very impressive show with the "new graphics" of their games. Most notable was Killzone 2, with its incredibly realistic character models. But then it turned out that the video was pre-rendered on another machine and since then Sony hasn't really announced anything else about it.

As for blowing the other systems out of the water... I've yet to see a PS3 game with graphics nicer than Elder Scrolls 4.

I think that if I wasn't adie-hard Halo fan, I would go for the Nintendo Wii. Supposedly, it will cost 200-250 dollars. Expensive compared to N64 days but still in a nice price range of recent consoles. I was shocked and happy at the same time when I saw the PS3's price (I'm not a huge PS2 fan). I would never in my life spend 500-600 dollars on a console because at that point you're better off getting a computer. The Wii has a great controller that in all honesty made me laugh when Sony showed off their controller. If I have an extra few hundred bucks to spend, I will definetly get a Wii.

Microsoft's plan of releasing early has seemed to work. Whereas a few months ago I knew very few people with 360's, now it's a lot more common and I will be getting one myself soon.

BTW this thread should be in the Gamer Hangout section with other video game related matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

500 bucks for a console center?

Get a computer for the same amount. It will blow any console on the market out of the water and leave them gasping on the hard, cold pavement like a goldfish on a street in January.

500 bucks. lol. Like I'd pay that for a console. :rolleyes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i heard that the core processor of the PS3 was at least 15 times better than a pentium 4... and the graphics are better than any computer you can buy... thats why the $500

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

Rofl.

Just because you pay does not give you the right to disregard the moderators. You're still a member, and we can still come down on you. Leave this where it belongs.

And as a subscriber, you should be setting a good example to the other members. Money doesn't buy you respect, you know.

LoC

Just because I pay does give me leeway to make the occasional one word reply. (Go ahead and count how many times I've written one word replies during my three year membership)

Labeling a three year member in very high standing as a spammer in bright red letters devalues me as a member to anyone who reads this. Handling the situation privately with a PM, if you thought there was a problem, would have been the respectful and professional method of approaching this situation.

The respect ball was in your court to begin with.

repectfully,
    H0urg1ass
    Last edited by H0urg1ass; May 27th, 2006 at 09:32.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, for the ps3 with all the goodies on it will be priced at $600 and above, which IMO is crap. They don't even have vibration function on their controllers, and the controllers look the same, except no wire! Could they seriously not think of a better or at least different design? Sony really disappointed me with the garbage they call the ps3 :x I'd rather get a Wii, at least they put in the effort to do a pretty much total redesign and come up with a cool interface. With the ps3 ZOMG! you can tilt the controller and your car/ship/whatever will turn. Oh and why don't they have a vibration function you ask? Simple. They STOLE the design from another company and are being sued because of it. Very nice job sony... [/end rant]
    The New Yawka of TheAmericanClan
    Quote Originally Posted by Caluin
    [15:29] <Caluin> I don't care where you came from, if I can smash my forehead into your nuts, I win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoboss
    [12:06] * Phoboss IS INVICLBLE!

The Star Wars Clan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast