Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Why does america have to interfere with everything?

580 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Grephaun 
#1 ·
I am an American citizen. I really like america, because compared to the place I currently live, the atmosphere is intense and there is a lot more oppurtunity. I think also that it is a great place to live because of allk the culture interwoven into just one country because people from all over the world came to America. America also has a large amount of natural wonders and different scenery.

However, what I want to know is, why do we interfere with every major event, ecspecially wars, around the globe? It's not like it's any of our business if Cuba is communist or not, just as it was not our busiess to the former USSR's political affairs! Perhaps a really patriotic man might say we were liberating the poor people struggling to survive under the cruel communist dictatorship-and perhaps that MIGHT have been true of the USSR (though I doubt it)-but I don't exactly hear Cuba crying out to be liberated. Also, in world war two America and Stalin's Soviets got on really well together, ecspecially on the battlefield.

I think that america attacked stalin with this fabricated excuse that they were destroying communism was actually our attempts to stop russia devloping more and better nuclear missiles than we did-to politaically stop the russian advance in mordern technology. With those irrelevant affairs such as north korea and vietnam, well, that was us saying to the world, "We are powerful." Just emphasising a maxim the world already knew cost millions of lives.

Does anyone else agree or disagree with me? If so, I'd like to hear your views.

See less See more
#2 ·
samu1710 said:
I think that america attacked stalin with this fabricated excuse that they were destroying communism was actually our attempts to stop russia devloping more and better nuclear missiles than we did-to politaically stop the russian advance in mordern technology. With those irrelevant affairs such as north korea and vietnam, well, that was us saying to the world, "We are powerful." Just emphasising a maxim the world already knew cost millions of lives.
Just like Afghanistan and Iraq.

#3 ·
samu1710 said:
I don't exactly hear Cuba crying out to be liberated. Also, in world war two America and Stalin's Soviets got on really well together, ecspecially on the battlefield.
Careful now, that same patriot would defend saying that no one speaks out in Vuba cause they'd be killed if they did. Remember that as victory over Germany came closer and closer the alliance between America and Russia began to deteriorate rapidly.

Though I agree, we stick our noses into things that would be better off without our 'help.'

[Hey doesnt this kind of topic belong in the enhanced discussion forum?]

Reactions: Grephaun
#5 ·
I’m sorry, but Darkreever is right. The forum rules explicitly forbid discussion of real-life politics outside of the Enhanced Members subforum, and so this thread must either be moved or closed. Seeing as the member who started this thread is not currently Enhanced and therefore has no access to the Enhanced Discussion forum, it seems most fair to me to close the thread. If Samu1710 disagrees with this decision, please PM me and I will relocate the thread. Thank you.

~Grephaun.

Reactions: darkreever
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.