Those were the days! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

29 (x1)

Those were the days!

Sorry if this shouldn’t be here, I’m both new and sleep deprived

Anyway when I started this hobby under the tuition of my older brother I know I made several silly mistakes.

I distinctively recall confusing Word Bearers and World Eaters, I’m not sure who the Word Eaters were but they had to be pretty scary!

Horribly bad pronunciations, Khorne was Krone before I learnt better.

Worst of all, I rush painted my first models and didn’t even undercoat them!

Anyone else have tales of simpler times?

2. Remove Advertisements

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

106 (x4)

My brother first bought a squad of Space Marines back in 2nd edition.

The ones with the holding-a-tea-tray hands?

The bolters had stocks on them...not realising he had to cut the stocks off, he put them on backwards, so the barrel was where the stock should be, and the stock was pointing out in front...

The scary thing is, it looked quite good.

As far as pronunciation is involved, I've never had any problems with it. However, I do know someone (who is older than me, in fact) that calls "Librarians" "Libarians", missing out the first "R", and "Terminators" "Ternimators", swapping the "N" and "M" around. Nothing major, but it does make him sound like a...well. insert witty insult here...
    Last edited by Robizzle; June 12th, 2006 at 09:53.

+ Reply to Thread