Music And Warhammer - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x4)

Well i was just wondering. Ever since i started playing Warhammer i have had somekind of background music while i'm painting. And that music usually fits the army i'm painting, hard music for Chaos, kinda opera style music for Vampires and so on.
    Also i like to play some dynamic music in the background when me, and some people i have tought the game to, play. It's very low so you almost cant hear it, but in those moments of silence, the silence is broken up by the dynamic music.

I was wondering if anybody else did the same? and if so what music do you play with which army?

PrOtOcoN

Your fluffraping hurts my eyes. - TehDarkPredator

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me the background music required depends upon what i'm painting, its usually dance/techno for Eldar and Rock for Dark Eldar.

I have actually been known to dance while painting, how crazy is that?
    “Someone I know calls a Sphinx a Sphincter I really don’t have the heart to correct them?
    “So you want to be made feel like a small boy and dominated do you? How about you dress up as Micky Mouse and I‘ll hit you with a baseball bat until you pass out or die??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x4)

Well i only occasionally flip out while painting (although i stop painting while doing it). Interesting, you dance while you paint? You would like to see some pictures of your models

PrOtOcoN

Your fluffraping hurts my eyes. - TehDarkPredator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i listen to heavy metal and death metal while painting my khorne stuff, sometimes head bang along and then spill paint on myself.
    Wir Werden Vorherrschen!

"I cast Lvl. 3 Eroticism. You turn into a real beautiful woman."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

It varies... But all heavy metal music is cool for painting.

As for gaming music there is nothing better than the soundtracks of Silverado, Tombstone and Lord of the Rings to really set the mood.
    "We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."
    -Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I nned some chilled out music to paint to. I usally go for classical or maybe something like Portishead or Massive attack.

Keeps me calm, which I need to be to paint. I you get angry or aggressive then it reflects in your models I think. suppose that is quite good for Chaos worshipers though.

I might try painting Tau to war of the worlds though, could have interesting results. :lol:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me....its "Type-O-Negitive" or "Celtic" music while I paint.....its a contrast......

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by protocon@May 6 2003, 04:51
    Well i only occasionally flip out while painting (although i stop painting while doing it). Interesting, you dance while you paint? You would like to see some pictures of your models

PrOtOcoN
    well i move my hips a little but I stop painting once i really get started, i just hold the model and the brush and get paint everywhere.... my mom hates me
    “Someone I know calls a Sphinx a Sphincter I really don’t have the heart to correct them?
    “So you want to be made feel like a small boy and dominated do you? How about you dress up as Micky Mouse and I‘ll hit you with a baseball bat until you pass out or die??

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

What about the official CSM band: Bolt Thrower!
    That's excellent Death Metal, some of their albums are "Warmaster", "The IVth Crusade", "Honour Valour Pride"...

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you should all check out Amon Amarth, one kick ass pagan metal band. with songs like 'fury divine' 'bloodshed' and 'down the slopes of death' a berserker cant go wrong with them.
    Wir Werden Vorherrschen!

"I cast Lvl. 3 Eroticism. You turn into a real beautiful woman."

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast