Transformers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

Transformers

Ive had a few comments on my avatar, and also know a few guys in my local GW went mental when I wore my decepticon ravage t-shirt to a games night. And its got me thinking.

Im a huge transformers fan, and a huge 40k fan, but ive never linked the two together until now. Id be interested to know just how many people are fans of both these cult creations! Is it just a few deranged people like me, or is it more common, and if its a common thing, then why! Obviously I can see a sort of connection, huge metal warriors fighting it out across the universe, but surely theres gotta be more to it than that, hasnt there?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Well, I'm a fan of the two but I don't see to many connections between them. (Though I'm a first/second generation transformers fan and care for no series after transformers the movie with the exception of beast wars.)

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

Here we go, this is the kind of thread I like to see!

Yep, I'm a big fan of both 40K and TF. I'm not sure exactly why I am a fan of both though, maybe because I grew up with TF and then a mate of mine got me into 40K. Actually come to think of it, 3 of the blokes that I play with are huge TF fans too! :yes:

This thread has got me thinking... What about a TF army list?? I reckon it could be workable. Might require some thought... :shifty:

Til All Are One!
    But I call to God, and the LORD saves me.
    Psalm 55:16

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

The film looks crap.

I would love to see a converted Tau list to represent various transformers! That would be cool!
    Man, I might even get my mates to proxy their battle suits using transformers!

Seriously though, I don't hold any stock in the new film. I think it'll be rubbish.
    They forced the original voice actors to audition again. And we know, them being the arses they are, they'll give all the rolls to a 14 year old girl who's more wooden than a tree.

Also, I've heard they're focusing on the 'human' aspect of it.
    This means, that they can't afford any special effects - which would have been crappy CG anyway, and we'll get rants about freedom, justice and all that crap.

I want to see the autobots and decepticons fight! I don't want to see Starscream save a angsting teen's love live in the fight against 'terror'!

I'd rather they treated classics with a bit of respect rather than skull ----ing the corpse in case a nickel drops out of an embalmed nostril. In today's film making climate, respect means not touching with a 30' laser lance.

Autobots! Rollout!
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    467 (x8)

I've thought about it, but it's just too hard for my puny brain.

I saw one tau/transformer type thing in the conversion forum a while back.
    Here's a (Alert! Priority 1!!!)link. It also has my comments on the new film.

But as an army. Hmmm. It's a toughy.

Cool though.
    Last edited by Jon Quixote; October 30th, 2006 at 10:06.
    Cervantes: In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x2)

What about a Tyranid list??

For Autobots-
    I reckon Prime would be awesome as a Hive Tyrant... Some of the smaller guys like Jazz, Hound, Ratchet and that could be Warriors. You could model the cassettes as Gaunts.

For the Decepticons, you could go with a similar idea. Soundwave - Zoanthrope

I'm not sure who the Broodlord and the Carnifex could be though. I was thinking for the Fex you could go with someone like Superion or Devastator but then I thought that those guys are more like Titans size or bigger.

Maybe Grimlock could be a Fex!

Then you get Omega Supreme and Trypticon, etc. Aaaah, I love it! I'm smiling so much right now!

And really could a stat line that goes up to only 10 contain Optimus Prime?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x1)

I saw a battle report on this forum where a guy had a transformers Autobot SM Army. I think Optimus Prime was a Dred. He had some cool conversions.
    R.I.P. Iron Warriors, you will be missed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Solo View Post
    And really could a stat line that goes up to only 10 contain Optimus Prime?
    Transformers range from human to planet size.

i would say some could be represented by 40K stats, but others would need special rules.

Prime would have a S10 ap1 gun. Just cos he's cool.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

hehehe, i was thinking of starting a tau army, and now with jon's link, and everyone else's idea's i think im definatly gonna try to make a TF army.

I too am a G1 and G2 fan primarily, but I have to admit, once it got going the armada series kicked major ass! Come on, it had unicron return! And Energon carried the story forward really well, and Universe was just pants!

Im looking forward to the new movie. I know its not gonna be as good as im hoping, soundwave (my fave char) isnt even gonna be in it cos they didnt want a cassette player! But it'll still be a fun movie to watch!

Hmm, broodlord, that would suit grimlock better with his ret of dinobots and CC attacks. Fex's would suit the likes of Metroplex!

Personally I think Id make the nids Decepticons. So here my nid list...

Tyrant-Megatron. Broodlord and ret-devistator. Warriors-Soundwave. Lictor-Starscream. Gargoyle-Thrust, Skywarp etc. Zoans-Shockwave. Fex-Trypticon

Being hard to convert though i think ill build an autobot army based on SM's or Tau... watch this space!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x2)

I might start this off- fair chance someone won't like it though

Optimus Prime: Leader of the Autobots: HQ choice

WS8 BS5 S10 T10 W6 I6 A7 Ld10 Sv2+(4+) Pts: 500

Rules:
    Monstrous Creature
    Fleet (represents transforming into a truck and driving)
    Machine - Prime can re-roll all rolls to hit in combat and shooting. Can not be affected by force weapons
    Wisdom beyond compare - Prime's leadership can be used by all friendly troops.
    Our darkest hour - Prime cannot be outnumbered and will not flee from combat

Weapons-
    -Prime's rifle
    36" S10 AP1 Assault 4
    -Matrix
    Once per battle, at the start of the turn Optimus can use the Matrix. This immediately rallies all fleeing troops, at which point they can charge 2D6 towards the enemy. All troops gain +2 attacks during the combat phase.
    Resolve this movement before the actual movement phase. Counts as movement for the purposes of shooting.
    As well as this, place the large blast marker over Prime and all enemy models underneath receive a S5AP3 hit.
    Last edited by Solo; October 30th, 2006 at 22:37.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast