Modellmaking as a career - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Bournemouth, UK
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

44 (x2)

Modellmaking as a career

Hey all.

A thought just popped into my head. I wonder, how many LO'ers love nothing more than making models, but have never considered it as a career? I have been making models (not just GW, but all types but mostly scratchbuilds) since I could talk, no I really mean it! But it was not until about a year and a half ago that I thought "Hey, I wonder if I could turn my passion into profit?" After a little gogleing and UCASing, I came up with a few modelmaking courses in various uni's. After much hard work I was lucky enough to be given a place to study modelmaking at the Arts Institute at Bournemouth, which has a wonderfully good reputation in the industry. There are other uni's that do it, but I liked AIB the best. I'm just coming to the end of my first term, and I've never been happier ! Also, i'm getting more academic praise than ever, and I work hard because I genuinly love it. The career prospects are amazing too, you can go into architecture, TV, Film, prosthetics, maritime industry.....the list is endless. And because there are hardly any proffesionals out there, there is always work !

I'd be interested to know how many LO'ers have considered the possibility, and what kinds of thing you'd like to work on.

Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    WILL J!~
    You have a beard. You are in dire need of nothing. You are complete. Amen.

2. Remove Advertisements

chengdu, china
    1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

101 (x2)

YES! Thats excellent Will.

I am in art school for metals/ jewelry and sculpture, and have the same interest in small model making. I have not looked into it in as much depth as you have, but I will be taking a summer job at this diorama and model place this summer.

Hope things stay sweet at school.

+ Reply to Thread