the cost of war - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the cost of war

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

the cost of war

Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Wow.

Makes me want to kick the president in the balls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Deek View Post
    Wow.

Makes me want to kick the president in the balls.
    ahem? not multiple times and with nails in shoes, backed by a 5000 PSI air cannon to fire the shoe at him? i think my wording was better. and much more.........appropriate. {goofy}

Remember, if someone helps you with anything, REP THEM!

Quote Originally Posted by 10th Lyran View Post
    "Wow, that's awesome, I wish my leg looked like that!"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Which is still cheap compared to some of the other US adventures abroad -

http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/0829/p15s01-cogn.html

WWII aside, which was so vast the amount of money spent is meaningless, the US have got to be mucking around on an apocalyptic scale before it costs more than Vietnam (The other "disaster" for the US military).

The money would be worth it if the US has gone in with the right strategy. However, they had the wrong approach and are paying for it (Ahem) in various ways.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

And to be fair they would have had to pay a lot of that even if there wasn't a war going on. They still pay the troops, update technology, build new weapons and all the other mumbo jumbo. So without Iraq that figure wouldn't be to much lower would it? anyone got a pre-Iraq war figure?
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

Has anyone else noticed that, comparatively, the US dollar is steadily decreasing in value?
    It's an interesting indication of what the rest of the world thinks of the US's spending habits (specifically "the" war).
    Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

i have noticed that, scotty. it was at it's lowest about a week-2 weeks ago compared to GBP. incidentally, that was the week i was in the UK. sucks, don't it? yeah, so i had $25 burgers. delicious. Aberdeen Angus every night. delicious.

Remember, if someone helps you with anything, REP THEM!

Quote Originally Posted by 10th Lyran View Post
    "Wow, that's awesome, I wish my leg looked like that!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x4)

It makes you wonder what they could do with that kind of money, cure aids in Africa? That would improve america's image a lot in the eyes of many people however its not just up to america to cure the worlds ills.

Anyway things are more expensive nowadays and with that the amount of money america has would be a lot higher then in the past wars. America spends a lot of its money on "defense" but has no real enemy that can stand up to its might on the battlefield so why dose it need such a massive number of high tech weaponry. Is there no better use for the funds? I guess if america had a weak army then there would be a lot more problems in the world then there is now. I mean its not like anyone else would bother to do anything.

I wounder how long Africa could hold out until some mad nut commits genocide or how long we can stop china taking over taiwan or how would isreal hold on without help? Without the threat of force no one will listen to you. Without a powerful eye to watch over the world it would be a very nasty place. When there are powers that are just as powerful as each other thats when wars happen or a arms race. At least america uses its strength to keep the world in check as its not as if most other countries could clam that they would not use there strength to attack other states.
    "Hey sarge, this lasgun is heavy. I wish we had something lighter."

FF7: ABOUT RANDOM BATTLES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x6)

the cost of war
    For a second there, I thought this was going to be a thread about how much we buy toy soldiers{goofy}

Anywho, I don't see why America can't at least just cut its war spending a certain amount and spend it on other important things. I mean I know that we need to update technology and weapons to keep up with the developements of warfare, but we could aford to ease up a bit on how much we buy with uncle sam's credit card...*

*(Uncle sam was pretty pissed when he realized Goerge W. had been buying comemerative nascar plates on ebay with it.:x )
    That is not dead which may eternal lie,
    for in strange aeons even death may die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Kossolax_the_Foresworn View Post
    For a second there, I thought this was going to be a thread about how much we buy toy soldiers{goofy}

LOL

well yeah, is suppose about a quarter to a half of that is necessary. Due to pay and update and maintaining the army.

But at least half is spent in Iraq on unnecessary situations.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast