Opening A Store - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Opening A Store

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

Opening A Store

Some friends of mine have decided that they want to open up a Game/Comicbook store in the Chicago area. I know there are already alot in the suburbs of Chicago (Battlebunker included), but I was wondering if there was a particular town that had a lack of stores. If you guys have any suggestions of location, or what you would like to see in a store let me know, and I will pass on the info.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

I don't anything about the area, but maybe you should for a large suburb nearby? I imagine a battle bunker would be difficult to outmatch, of course, I'm assuming they sell products as well and have nice table to play on. Sorry if this isn't any help...
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    100 (x5)

Well, I'd say a guaranteed way to get customers is to offer 10% better than any current deal, and advertise the fact that you're doing it. "If you find a cheaper deal on this product, we'll beat it by 10%." (But don't use that exact slogan - it's the slogan of a hardware store called Bunnings here in Aus, it's probably copywrited ) That would mean that people who usually go to battle bunker etc. would be able to buy their next $500 worth of crap, and get a nifty saving, and you get some nice business.

That is if you can afford to give 10% off. My advice would be to stock a select range, then order in other stuff as it is required, don't try and over-expand before there is any demand for it. Stick to the game lines you know will make you money, like GW, Privateer Press, etc. until you can afford to branch out. In short - Have a small range of stuff that people want, at cheaper prices than your competitors, then when you have more money, and more interest, expand.

Just my thoughts
    Last edited by dr_nick22; May 8th, 2007 at 14:26.
    Quote Originally Posted by Visitor Q View Post
    By the powers I have just made up I, hereby award you with the Signature
    LO's Offical Uber GM
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverMane View Post
    dr_nick you are LO's GMing god!

+ Reply to Thread