Newbie's Ogre army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbie's Ogre army

Hi, I'm quite new to the Warhammer and I bought the Ogre Kingdoms army battalion about 2 months ago. Since modelling and painting my army, I had about 6-7 games and won one which was against Orcs and Goblins. I'm aiming to go for a 2000 points list and I've got just over half of that at the moment. I was wondering what you think of my current list and what you would suggest I change in terms of items and equipment along ith what I could buy to reach the 2000 points mark.

Heroes/Lords

1 Bruiser with heavy armour, seigebreaker and wallcrusher big name
    1 Butcher with tooth gnoblar, bangstick and skullmantle

Core

6 Bulls with ironfists, light armour, standard and crusher
    4 Ironguts with bull standard and gutlord
    24 gnoblars with groinbiter

Special

4 Leadbelchers

Rare

1 Gorger

I was thinking in terms of new units to buy, 3 maneaters (probably with handguns), another unit of bulls and another butcher. I was also considering a scraplauncher and yhetees. I will likely be playing against a lot of Empire, High Elves and Wood Elves so it would be greatly appreciated if you could help me with tactics or army lists that would work against those.

Thanks, Anakha.

Edit - Really, really sorry mods, but it appears that this thread has been posted three times for some reason. Apologies.

Last edited by Anakha; August 26th, 2007 at 19:38.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Ogres really struggle when it comes too magic defense, and one butcher is expensive and doesnt really help a lot. There is something to increase enemy miscast chance, and possibly keep him if you can take that with a scroll. Otherwise get another bruiser in there.
    Split the bulls into 2 units of 3, and drop their standards, and possibly champs too. Bellowers can be handy, but not necessary.
    Split the leadbelchers into 2 units of 2, more options wth your firepower then.
    Gorgers are great! But i dont like the models personally..

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

1 Bruiser with heavy armour, seigebreaker and wallcrusher big name
    1 Butcher with tooth gnoblar, bangstick and skullmantle

Core

6 Bulls with ironfists, light armour, standard and crusher
    4 Ironguts with bull standard and gutlord
    24 gnoblars with groinbiter

Special

4 Leadbelchers

Rare

1 Gorger

I agree - I would really get at least 2 butchers.
    I would split up the bulls into small 3man groups with just 2 hd wpns or an ironfist if you like. I would get gnoblar hunters (you can just use the regular gnoblars) and bulk up your gnoblar unit to 25-30 (maybe get a second one depending on how you lke to run your army)
    If you're going to get maneaters - go three strong.
    You are missing the best unit of the OK, Ironguts, I would get lots of Ironguts.
    At 2000 pts, if you can, the Tyrant's ldship 9 is nice and he can be super nasty in combat.

+ Reply to Thread