New to Ogre Kingdoms - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to Ogre Kingdoms

Ok, for those of you who don't know me, I've been switching between which army I've wanted to finally purchase and play, and I've made up my mind. I've just purchased the Ogre Kingdoms Battalion and 2 boxes of Ironguts (Thank you, Ebay!) I now have:

6 Ogre Bulls
    12 Ironguts
    4 Leadbelchers
    24 Gnoblars

I don't ever really plan on using the gnoblars, so forget them. But I was wondering, what would people suggest doing with these? I'm thinking a unit of 6 bulls (3 across, 2 deep), 3 units of 4 Ironguts, and 2 units of 2 Leadbelchers (and of course, a Butcher + Bruiser). I wouldn't use full command either, I'd just put bellowers in each unit.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

Well, it seems that you are going for an MSU approach. If that is the case then this is what I suggest you do with the list.

2 units of 3 Bulls with a bellower in each unit.
    4 units of 3 Ironguts with a bellower in each (also a standard bearer and lookout gnoblar in any unit you are putting characters in)
    2 units of 2 leadbelchers, each with a bellower

I also wouldn't discount the gnoblars. The single unit alone could be used for holding table quarters.

As for what I think you should get next. You already have a good base to build off of for a 2,000 pt army

This is what I would suggest that you get next in descending order of importance

Tyrant/bruiser model
    2-3 butchers
    Gnoblar Trappers
    2 Gorgers

***As a personal plug, you can find the link to an extensive O.K tactica in my signature***
    "I am the architect of fate!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking that I'll convert some of my gnoblars into trappers... it's just a lot easier that way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oi! Welcome to the ranks of the gutmasters. Demandred is correct. Read the Tactica linked to his post to get a full grip on what it means to be an ogre. I dont like gnoblars much either (but what ogre does?), but as the overtyrant stated, they have their uses. If anything else use them to fill up some points when you are getting started. As always...Have fun!

O.T.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

I like to use a million bulls as opposed to half a million ironguts. they are cheaper, get more attacks, and can chose to forgo an attack for a 4+ save. on top of that, after a +1 str spell, they still wound on 2s against the average man/elf/goblin/guy

the only real bonus is the higher leadership on an irongut squad, but if you are taking a break test with your ogres, they are likely taking it because they got pwned by something and will require a really low test.

+ Reply to Thread