Ogre Kingdoms 2000pts Plz rate - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ogre Kingdoms 2000pts Plz rate

Tyrant with Tenderiser, wyrdstone necklace, greedyfist, mawseeker, heavy armour and luck gnoblar

Butcher with skull mantle

Butcher

7 Bulls with Standard, add hand weapons

7 Ironguts with standard

7 Ironguts with standard

20 gnoblars

20 gnoblars

8 trappers

2leadbelchers

2 gorgers

Hows that??? Taking on all comers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry didn't have time to discuss tactics earlier.

I use the three large units to hold a character each normally the butchers go in with the Ironguts and the tyrant with the bulls that way all the units have hard hitting capabilities. As the Tyrant allows the bulls to take on heavy cav, and dragons.

I kitted my Tyrant to take on even the most toughest hero. He is T6, destroys magic weapons and causes multiple wounds, and has a 5+ ward save. I originally had the gut maw rather than mawseeker and the greedyfist, as the tenderiser allows him to defeat most heroes or lords quickly in challenges. However I changed as its great to be able to heal him yet if I faced a REALLY HARD LORD. My tyrand would probably die before I got to heal him up, as the gut maw heals AFTER you kill the character.

If I am facing lots of monsters- Beastmen with lots of minotaurs trolls etc the tyrant will go on his own and hunt them down as the Tenderiser causes multiple wounds.

Apart from my tyrant I decided to hold back on my characters as I fell that having more men on the board makes for a more competative army, its more fun too as I'm not always relieing on magic or a plethora of magical items to pull me out of tricky situations, using my mind and my units to do so instead. Having more units gives me more tactical options too which is obviosly a good thing.

The reason I went for large units is because I felt that while cannons can kill more models due to the extra rank... ( I have them 4 wide) It allows the units to take a decent amount of damage before they lose too many and become useless... Also it gives me more strength to my gut charge impact hits which is usefull in fighting high elves as the attack before my attacks, yet impact hits go first before attacks are made....lol..lol

The gnoblars are there to bulk up my numbers and to use as throw away units, or bait units against brets.

I am deciding on adding a hireling wizard with the lore of shadow, Steed of Shadows on my Tyrant anyone...lol8Y

Anyway If you wanted to discuss anything about this list feel free to have a say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First thing that jumps out at me is that you have to have the same number of bull units as you have gnoblars. So either the bull unit has to be split or one unit of gnobs has to go.

For all commers it would be nice to work in a couple dispell scrolls somewhere.

Last thing I will say is mawseeker....without jade lion i have had decidedly mixed results....rolling stupidity at a key time can be disasterous (and for me has been)...especially when he is affecting 7 other ogers and quite possibly the center of the line. Also after fighting everything from chaos lords on dragons, bret kings, Vampire Lords, and a host of other tooled characters...tyrants don't die in CC they die because they broke and ran. Having a reroll can be the difference in there.

Other than that I think it is an interesting list.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

yeah, I also think you'll get rolled quickly. you don't have that many units, and will be marchblocked easily. That means you'll face 2-3x the shooting you're expecting. If someone does have 2 cannons, they can destroy your general's unit (including the general) in 3 turns before he gets to charge. Stupidity will burn you a every couple of games like skitzoid mentioned. I think you'll get more out of MSU style of play, but if you're just playing for fun, then who cares about winning? Just like skitzoid said, the Tyrant doesn't die due to combat (unless you get really unlucky) the tyrant dies, because his unit gets flanked and you don't get him into combat and that unit breaks and is run down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alrighty. I've rearranged it about, taken out the greedy fist and mawseeker, given him laurels of victory. One dispel scroll, and siege breaker to the skullmantle dude. Only one unit of gnoblars..

I hate cannons too!!!! lol. though trollguts and my gorgers will help in this respect, plus a movement of 6. With my small unit numbers I'll be more able to get the +1 for who goes first. I was also contemplating dicing the dispel scroll and getting a DoW mage... Lor of life maybe for howler wind, (do they still have rain lord????), or a heavens mage for comet of cassandora, (take that stupid artillery hill) the shield thingy, plus the re-rolls... Though mistress of the marsh will help me get the bull charge every time....lol... Too much choice...

Yeah I do understand that I will be outnumbered unit wise. I really don't mind as I've got the numbers in the units to make the units last a while. To help I'll make enemy units away from the general, run away with braingobbler.

As for the flanking.. I intend to break through enemy units in one turn. this will be tricky against stubborn or even unbreakable units so I'll try and use magic on them to make my life easier.... Or just send the gnobblars against them.... Or use my gorgers as a brick wall, charging them or apearing on the flank to stop their charge.

I'll do this by combat resolution, or fear. Outnumbering is very useful as it effectivly counts as two points... If I get it, I get one and dening my opponent to get one point two. 4 S5 Impact HITS, effectively counts as 8 S5 attacks as they hit automatically whereas with attacks ogres normally hit on 4+ means only half of their attacks hit. Plus reducing the amount of enemy attacks back (even for High Elves), then my ogres attack back...

With no attacks back and a maximum combat res of 4 (3 ranks and a S, statisically I'll normally win by about 3/4... Though with my numbers fear takes effect making them auto-break.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to play devils advocate here but I just want to point out a couple things. Any good general will minimize the number of charges you mayget outside 6 inches. I have come to enjoy impact hits when I get them....but not count on them.

As for your guts hitting, remember they have WS 3 so off the top on average (saying you got 4 ogres in combat or 12 attacks) Half of them are going to miss leaving you 6 history has told me there is no law of averages and I usually end up with 2 ones. out of the remaining 6. You still have to get through armor if they have a 3+ armor save they still can roll 6's. God for bid if they have a ward save.

Really out of 3-4 ogres I expect only 3-4 models killed, more is gravy less and I know for sure I am running.

Also don't forget if he has champions or heroes in the unit they always attack back....even if yo murder 5 models in the front line.

Good news is with you coming with 7 ogres per unit you will most likely outnumber, so long as you break and they are not fear causing, unbreakable or immune to psychology they will auto break unless your opponent rolls snake eyes.

I really don't want to steal away your entusiasm...I just want to instill some realistic expectations.

One thing that helps....if you are using wide ogre units, tray and draw multiple units into combat. Especially if you have a Soft unit (for example skeletons) next to a hard (unit like Grave Guard) . I try to do this whenever I may have a 5 or larger unit of ogres I am working with. Here is why, you won't outnumber but they can only count 1 banner (and 1 bsb or warbanner) and can only count the ranks from 1 unit (the largest) BUT you get to hit them both with all your ogres. Focus as many attacks as possible on the soft unit, rest on the hard and you should win by a lot more than if you just hit the hard unit. Since by doing so you only really added 1 more to the CR of them (3 ranksm 1 banner, and Outnumber) You should win combat with both due to wounds.

I hope that makes since, but I have begun using that tactic to pretty good affect lately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for that. I knew about attacking weaker units. Used to do that when I got counter charged with empire milita with my strigoi in a skellie unit.

Yeah I had a battle the other day. I won though I was fighting a high elf cavalry army with a dragon.....

Yeah one of my units got slaughtered, by one of the cavalry units along with a butcher. though my Leadbelchers tookout the Highborn on the dragon... (shooting and one survived in combat and hit him on the hear...lol).

My Tyrant took on the dragon by himself, while his unit went on to the rest of the army. Though he was killed!!!! And the dragon had one wound left!!!

I realised not to trust braingobbler too much. Though it is useful.

Thanks for playing Devils Advocate. I needed to be brought down to earth....lol.

+ Reply to Thread