2500 GT List (No Skragg) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

2500 GT List (No Skragg)

I will be attending a GT. Comp will be used to pair matches so I am trying to make a comp friendly list so as to get a better pairing. Sorry I couldn't cut and paste the rules for comp here but here is a link to the comp scoring (It's about half way down the page)...

At any rate I think I made a decent list as it should be semi-hard but is comp friendly. It's unfinished as it weighs in about 75 points shy of 2500 but I fgured I would post it's evolution here...

CHARS
    Tyrant HA, BoH
    Standerdizier
    Mawseeker
    Great Skull

Butcher
    Wyrdstone
    Siege Breaker

Butcher
    B stick
    Scroll

Buther
    Mantle
    2x Thiefstones

CORE

3x 3 Naked bulls w/ musicians
    3x 4 Gutz w/ Standards (pretty much added Standards to get +1 comp. I bet they will come in handy but usually I only use 1 for the LoG.

3 x 20Gnoblars (planning on trying a Gnoblar maze in my back field or on a flank) also +1 comp for rank bonuses. Besides how do you go wrong placing a unit on the board for 40pts!
    1 x 8 Trappers

SPECIAL
    Scraplauncher
    2x Leadbelcher

RARE
    2x Gorger

If I take the Scrappy and replace with yhettis I could get another point for comp but it's a unit that I may sacrfice painting points (my scrappy looks GOOOOOD ). So that's a toss up and both have pluses and minuses in game play. At any rate out of a possible 25 pts I only get 15 pts! And IMO opinion it's slightly better than medicore. I mean who plays with 4 units of gnoblars? 5 if you count the scrappy as a gnoblar type unit!

I am geting dinged for the following rules...
    1. less than 25% chars
    2. less than 15% chars
    3. No lord
    4. less than 8 casting or 5 dispell dice
    5. less than 5% magic items
    6. At least 3 core units at 2x min size
    7. Less than 4 units which can strike at s5 or less off the charge excluding chars and champs
    8. less than 3 units smaller than 1.5 min size not counting units witout options for more models
    9. no duplicates of special or rares
    10. at least 50% core

I will have to rush paint 40 gnoblars so I don't really have time to paint a BSB, maneaters or other. I have a giant and he's very fluffy for my army. He gets alot of attetion at tourneys but I wouldn't say people like him. So any tweaks or suggestions are appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

A freind came up with this list. It scores 19 maybe 18 out of 25.

Tyrant - HA, Brace of Handguns, Tenderizer, Mawseeker = 278

Butcher – Siege Breaker = 160

Butcher - Dispel Scroll = 155

3 Bulls – musicians = 115
    4 Iron Guts – HA, GW, Standard = 212
    20 Gnoblars = 40
    20 Gnoblars = 40
    20 Gnoblars = 40

Scraplauncher = 165
    2 Leadbelchers = 110
    3 Yhetees = 195

Gorger = 75
    Slave Giant = 175

Total = 593 + 1101 + 470 + 250 = 2414

Still 86 pts to spend ... but not on magical items.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

I like your first list more. I would have to say I would rather see the yhetees in your list in place of the scrappie honestly.

I would possibly change around some of your magic items, like shift the mantle to your siegebreaker butcher, and try to get 2 scrolls in place of your thiefstones.

It really bothers me that us Ogre players have to basically degrade our lists just to get a mediocre comp score....
    "I am the architect of fate!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Demandred View Post
    I like your first list more. I would have to say I would rather see the yhetees in your list in place of the scrappie honestly.

I would possibly change around some of your magic items, like shift the mantle to your siegebreaker butcher, and try to get 2 scrolls in place of your thiefstones.

It really bothers me that us Ogre players have to basically degrade our lists just to get a mediocre comp score....

Mantle and Breaker is a good combo. I am torn between this and the current set up. WStone elps protect against casting hits and I certainly wouldn't hesitate to put him combat with this set up either. Odviously -1 leadership speaks for it's self too.

Dispel Scrolls are -1 past the first. And Hellheart is is -1 too.

I will probably take Great Skull out and the Thief Stones too. I am hoping that I get across the board before magic that targets my guys takes too much of an effect.

BTW my first list is also a 14 because i get dinged for too many gnoblar units! you get knicked for 4 or more units that shoot at STR 3 or less. Too me that's just stupid.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

there are a number of ways to judge comp though and this is probably one of the most biased. I'd like to see how the new VC book is judged by this system, they'd probably score a 10 if they were lucky. They have the most abusive characters you can build.

The question is, do you want to place well and win some games, or do you want to fit into their corrupt, biased system of comp. I really don't see how you can do both and play Ogres the way they should be played.

I have to admit, in my opinion, playing skragg is about as sportsmenlike as playing morghur the spawn maker though.
    Last edited by buckero0; March 12th, 2008 at 16:50.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

I know a VC list that scores 17 and is still very very hard. It was given to me in confidence when I asked a GT veteran for help with my list. I have played in many a tourney but the one GT atteneded had player judged comp so it wasn't a problem.

It has a char with Drakenhoff Banner in Grave Guard, and Lord with the HoC around them. With this you have a unit that hits almost all the time, wounds most things on 2's and I am not sure if they still have KB but that would just be icing wouldn't it. Even a flank charge is Dangerous for all but the hardest of hard troops. You either wipe this unit out off the charge or die.

At any rate it's harder than my list and still scores 3 points higher.

+ Reply to Thread