1000pts ogre's - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1000pts ogre's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pts ogre's

Hi all,

Had my first game with O.K, here is the list I used;

Heroes:

Bruiser w/ Heavy Armour, Great Weapon, Wrydstone Necklace = 162pts
    Butcher w/ Dispell Scroll, Bloodcleaver = 180pts

Troops:

3 Bulls w/ Additional Hand Weapons, Standard Bearer = 137pts
    4 Ironguts w/ Bellower = 202pts (Bruiser and Butcher)
    8 Trappers w/ Snarfinger = 52pts

Special:

3 Leadbelchers w/- =??? (don't think I am aloud to write this down )

Rare:

Maneater w/ Heavy Armour, Cathayan Longsword = 90pts

Total= 998pts

Anyway this list is mainly comprised of the stuff I had available. I was playing against on of the staff members at the local store. He used a 1000pts High elves army.

At the end of it all I scored 160 V.P (the leadbelchers killed 10 shadow warriors8X) and he scored 1068 V.P which was every model and one standard. I failed all my charges, the big unit including the butcher and briuser lost combat and fled before being chased down by a lion chariot and to top it off the leadbelchers eventually killed themselves (two turns after killing all of the shadow warriors) curtasy of misfireing cannons.

So anyway I am calling on all the O.K veterens out there to help me because I really need it. I was wondering what I need to add to take this list up two two tousand points and ways to beat the high elves (rematch in June, school holidays here in Oz :party

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x1)

standards aren't a good thing on ogres (as you already noticed ). Also ; try getting more ironguts: they're the ones tha win combats.
    The bloodcleaver on the butcher isn't the best equipment - you're much better off buying him a bangstick since the effect can easily be duplicated with casting bloodgruel.
    If you're running a single maneater - get him a great weapon; it's much more effective than a cathayan longsword.
    Try running your leadbelchers in units of 2 with a bellower. You want them to flee charges to set up combats for your ironguts, and with 2 there's less of a chance for a missfire.
    The additional hand weapons on the bulls are good, but replace the standard with a bellower - bulls are a bait & flee unit: meaning they are needed to get your ironguts in the right combats or used to flank.
    For 2000 points, I would add 2 gorgers, more units of 3 ironguts, 2 more butchers and the rest varies. Depending on if you like yhetees or not, I can propose 2 different 2000 points lists that are very competitive.

+ Reply to Thread