2K IronSkins tribe. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

2K IronSkins tribe.

I decided to take a good look at the Ogre Kingdoms book, in hopes of possibly finding a list that suits me. The list I came up with is the Ironskin Tribe. Nice chances for conversion and I like the elitist theme. Of course.... comments and criticism welcome.

Heroes
    Urug Black-Finger the LongStrider
    Ogre Bruiser w/ Cathayan Longsword, Brace of Handguns, Heavy Armor, Luck Gnoblar, Longstrider
    @ 184

Kaguul Iron-Eye the Wallcrusher
    Ogre Bruiser w/ Gut Maw, Wallcrusher, BSB
    @195

Kett Greatpot
    Ogre Butcher w/ Halfling Cookbook, Bangstick
    @ 180

Core
    Kett’s Marauders
    5 Ogre Bulls w/ Ironfists and Light Armor
    (Kett goes here)
    @215

Urug’s Iron Thugs
    (Urug goes Here)
    5 IronGuts w/ Standard Bearer, Lookout Gnoblars
    @ 265

Kaguul’s Banner Guards
    (Kaguul goes here)
    5 IronGuts w/ Standard Bearer, Lookout Gnoblars, Bull Standard
    @ 285

Special
    The Blackfaces
    3 LeadBelchers
    @ 165

The LongBarrels
    3 LeadBelchers
    @ 165

Rare
    The Cousins Black-Finger
    3 Maneaters w/ 2 Braces of Handguns, Cathayan Longsword, Heavy Armor
    @ 270

SpiteClaw
    1 Gorger
    @ 75

1,999/2,000

Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x2)

for your bruisers id drop all the wepons and get magic wepons like the one that give +3 strengh or even the killing blow one. they will be more effective this way.

Also drop the iron fists for reguler additional wepons and drop the light armo cuz 6+ save is points less

other then that ts a decent list. id try to get more iron guts cuz they are power house of OK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

99 (x2)

oh ya make 3 squads of 2 lead belchers. more effective and less damge from exploding urself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

i have to agree with splitting up the Belchers. 3 units of 2 lets you target three units instead of 2 as well as limiting the possible deaths to two.

You have a problem which is deciding whats more important. A BSB or a second butcher. The re-roll can be a god send but when it comes down to it you pretty much HAVE to have 2 butchers in order to function as ogre's seem to be ballanced around the fact that they can receive gut magic buffs.

As a rull of Thumb keep ogre's in units of three. Drop 2 ironguts from each unit and 2 from the bulls. Make a new unit of ironguts at it. This provides several benifits. First gives you an extra flanking unit. Second you can only lose three ogre's per unit to focused shooting instead of 5.

Hope that helps
    Looking for help with your Ogre kingdoms. Need help against them? have burning questions about life or why Dave's Avatar is so creepy. Feel free to stop by and ask OverTyrant Loki

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ml#post1104558

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Urug Black-Finger the Wallcrusher
    Ogre Bruiser w/ Brace of Handguns, Heavy Armor, Luck Gnoblar, Sword of Might, Wallcrusher
    @ 186

Kaguul Iron-Tooth
    Ogre Butcher w/ Spangleshard
    @160

Kett Greatpot
    Ogre Butcher w/ Halfling Cookbook
    @ 155
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Kaguul’s Iron Thugs
    (Kaguul goes Here)
    3 IronGuts w/ Standard Bearer
    @ 164

Kett’s Flesh Chewers
    (Kett goes Here)
    @ 164

Urug’s Black Warriors
    (Urug goes here)
    3 IronGuts w/ Standard Bearer, Bull Standard
    @ 184

The Shield Breakers
    @ 164

The Marauders
    3 Ogre Bulls w/ Ironfists and Light Armor
    @145
    ----------------------------------------------
    The Blackfaces
    2 LeadBelchers
    @ 110

The LongBarrels
    2 LeadBelchers
    @ 110

The IronGuns
    2 Leadbelchers
    @ 110

The Cousins Black-Finger
    3 Maneaters w/ 2 Braces of Handguns, Cathayan Longsword, Heavy Armor
    @ 270

SpiteClaw
    1 Gorger
    @ 75

1997/2000
    -------------------------------

Okay, so there's what I've done.

@ Polak-
    I wanted to keep my Bulls with their armor and weapons for Fluff reasons. The IronSkins are known for their wargear and their armor in particular, so I thought that even their Bulls would be wearing decent protection. Besides, they will have a 5+sv in CC when they need it, or +1attack when they are facing weak hordes.
    I did rethink the Cathayan Longsword on my Bruiser, +1WS and +1I isn't as good as hitting with S6.
    I also broke apart my units of Leadbelchers. I was originally gambling against any of them blowing their own faces off, but then I read your suggestions and realized that not only does it keep them from all killing themselves at once, it also lets me split their fire and put it where I need it.

@ Loki-
    I split the units down into smaller ones, and gained a full 2! units of IronGuts. I really like this, since it's giving me an excuse to buy a full 3 boxes of them. I was sticking to 5 because if I put a character in with them, I had 2 ranks of 6 which meant stronger Impact Hits. I guess that a unified charge would be even better though.
    That also made me a little more comfortable with dropping the combat potency of my BSB, and going with a second Butcher instead. Somehow, splitting up the army makes it feel a little larger model-wise. I'm sure that's an illusion, but the MSU tactic works fine for cavalry and should work for Ogres as well.

The only thing I am debating is dropping my Man-Eaters for another Gorger and some Gnoblar Fighters. But I like some of the Man-Eater models, so there shouldn't be a problem including them. The real push for Fighters was so that I could use the entire regiment box, which I intend to buy as the start for this army.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

99 (x2)

jus have to say to drop the SB and get em musicians instead cuz if that unit of 3 dies well theres an extra 100 VP. truly id say gorgers and gnoblers would be better cuz gnablars can give u rank bonus while gorgers kills there pesky artilery plus shooting. another strategy of mine is pout gnoblers beside bsb squad. give ur bsb the great maw magic banner and redirect all magic to gnoblars. this will save ur squad more then once XD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

99 (x2)

thats if u gonna take 1 XD relized u dont have 1 my bad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

99 (x2)

sry for triple post but id switch the spangshard wid a bang stick.. this will allow u to cast this first to take 1 or 2 dice away from there dispel dice depending on how bad they want it gone. CUz it auto cast and D6 str4 hits can do decent damage on reguler troopers or gunners

+ Reply to Thread