help im new to ogres - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x2)

help im new to ogres

Hey i picked up a codex today and was looking for help and advice on wat i should get. i made 1k list.

Heroes

Bruiser 159
    heavy army
    blood cleaver

butcher 155
    bangstick

CORE

3 bull 127
    bellower
    additional wepon

4 iron guts X2 404
    belower

7 gnobler trapers

Special 2 lead belchers 110

total 997
    PD 2+2
    DD 2+1

K guys ive got couple question so here we go++ does the bang stick need to be cast if so plz tell me, kk now guys plz comment and every other thing possible so i can be great OH ya dont forget advice ty alot

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

You cast the Bang Stick like any other bound item. It's somewhere around page 120 in the main rule book. Essentially, you announce that you're using it, the spell works automatically, and your opponent has a chance to dispel it at it's stated level, 3 in this case.

As for your list, I'd consider using a single hero at 1000 pts, but that's just me.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

Minimum unit size on trappers is 8. To cover that cost I;d just drop a bellower.

I've played about 6 or so 750 point games with a bruiser as general and a butcher with bangstick. Let me tell you, 4 casting dice and the bangstick hurts most armies. Just roll 1 die at a time per gut magic spell and you'll easily get 1-2 spells off more than they even have dispell dice. At 750 every gut magic buff is HUGE.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

Also the bloodcleaver can't be used by a bruiser, I think its a butcher only item.

EDIT:
    I just looked at my 1000 list and its pretty close to yours. I don't use bellowers except on my bull unit since I use them a lot to stick out front and flee from charges that bellower helps the ralling the next turn.

That being said, the big difference I see is I only have 1 unit of belchers and for those points saved I fit in a gorger and 20 gnoblar fighters.

I'm not saying to make this change just wanted you to consider the possibility and after a game or two maybe try it out to see if it works better.
    Last edited by Pinkus; June 22nd, 2008 at 02:39.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

99 (x2)

k ya ill just change the blood cleaver for a GW and this will save me points and i might switch lead belchers but i play with my friend and find it that belchors work amazing again cavalry and well hes bretonia XD. One question wats the point of having 4PD when u can only use 3XD and keep the advice rollin ty guys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

99 (x2)

here my new list

Heroes
    bruiser 164 points
    skull plucker
    heavy army

butcher 155
    bangstick

Core 3 bull/bellower 127
    additional wepons

4 iron guts(both character)(one in each) X2 384

10 trapers 60

Special
    2 lead belchers 110

total 1000 points
    4PD
    3DD

K guys i change few thing up and can u tell me hows killing blow work??? is it like on a 6 its auto kill all wounds gone or wat XD

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

279 (x7)

With 1 butcher you get 4 power dice. You can only throw I think 2 dice per spell max. However you know all the gut magic spells and cast as many of them as you like, BUT can only cast the same one once per turn. Its a matter of preference, but I like to use only 1 die per cast. On a 3+ which is 66.7% of the time you successfully cast. This means you can attempt to cast 4 different gut magic spells per turn PLUS your bangstick.

On average you should get off 3 spells with a few turns you'll only get off 2. The bang stick automatically goes off so you can say each turn you're getting off 3-4 spells that need ATLEAST a 3 to dispel.

At 1000 points you should only be going up against 3 or 4 dispel dice. Remember that you should expect one or two of your spells to go off with a roll of a 5 or 6, which puts your opponent in a tricky situation. To try to dispel a 5 or 6 with 1 or 2 dice. 1 die means its rare he'll dispel it and if he uses 2 dice he's effectively using 50% of his dispel dice to stop 1 spell.

This is the power of gut magic at such a low level, you just overwhelm his defense. I like to start the phase with my bangstick. It isn't that powerful of a spell, but it does do damage so more often than not the opponent will throw 1 dispel die at it. But that still gives you a 33% chance of it still going off.

Then just keep casting, I generally think of the 4 spells I want to cast that turn and start casting them using only 1 die per cast starting with the spell I need the least.

Killing blow is factored in during your To Wound roll. If you have a unit, like a gorger, and he rolls a 6 to wound it is classified as a killing blow. That unit automatically takes a wound with no armor save, but still can do a ward save.

Remember giving your bulls an extra club means you don't get the bonus of -1 armor save for using ogre clubs. A bull with 1 club does 3 attacks at -2 armor save; a bull with 2 clubs does 4 attacks at -1 armor save.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

279 (x7)

Correction on killing blow. It automatically KILLS your target. You get no armor save or regeneration, but you can still take a ward save. Its only effective against models that are at a unit strength of 2 or less. Meaning all human sized models and calvary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

99 (x2)

ty pinkus but cant a lvl 2 wizard only use 3 PD at maxx??? im not sure it can use 4 XD i also sttarted fantasy so loads of questions XD. NO i jus like at low battles to make enemys roll more armyor saves because most of the time there wont be that heavily armored units and if there is there are iron guts XD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

99 (x2)

oh also is a skull plucker a 1 handed wepon???? if so can i add a aditional hand wepon?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast