New Player to FB, 500 Pt Ogre Army for Friendly Games - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Player to FB, 500 Pt Ogre Army for Friendly Games

Hi, I am starting a Fantasy army and after looking over the model lines and hearing some testimonials at a local GW, I think I am going to play Ogre. I will be starting out by acquiring a 500 pt army to be used in friendly games. My first opponents would be Dwarfs and Vampire Counts (my friends), so any advice on tactics and/or army composition would be great.

Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Personally, a 750pt list that I've had some success with looked similar to this:
    *Cheap Bruiser as the general
    *Unit of bulls (6 with a banner and champion, and ironfists)
    *Unit of ironguts/leadbelchers (drop this unit to get 500pts iirc)
    *Big unit of gnoblars (like, 30-40)
    *Gorger
    *Maybe a unit of trappers.

Against gunlines, this list tends to really excel, since it's so quick. Never tried it out against VCs, since I don't know anyone who uses them, but I have managed to win a massacre against a list with three level two chaos sorcerors because I was able to hit quickly, and force a few units to flee which really worked in my favour.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

6 bulls in 1 unit!? Maybe against gunlines... but otherwise id say run simply 2 units of 3, no command, and just the Add. HWs (not ironfists)

Otherwise, the above should see you good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    6 bulls in 1 unit!? Maybe against gunlines... but otherwise id say run simply 2 units of 3, no command, and just the Add. HWs (not ironfists)

Otherwise, the above should see you good
    Actually, you're right. I think that unit may have been four or five now that I think of it. (the problem with units your size is #1 they come in 3+ units, and #2 you want at least four to increase your chances of landing a bull charge. Units of three never work).

The flexibility afforded by the ironfists is a really convenient thing.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonFarseerGuy View Post
    Actually, you're right. I think that unit may have been four or five now that I think of it. (the problem with units your size is #1 they come in 3+ units, and #2 you want at least four to increase your chances of landing a bull charge. Units of three never work).

The flexibility afforded by the ironfists is a really convenient thing.
    Hehe, fair enough, my thinking is possibly a little too much towards TK chariot units (where i always use 3). Still, can you afford2x4 and the rest at just 500pts?

And iirc, ironfists can act as an add HW or a shield (in combat only?. Using the shield gives you just a 5+Sv. Personally, poor armour saves are a waste of time to me lol. Extra attacks all the way! And its a tiny difference i know, but its an extra couple of gnoblars here and there lol.

+ Reply to Thread