First O.K. List ... 2250 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First O.K. List ... 2250

So ive read through a lot of the OK articles, tactical guides, blogs, so on and so forth for past 2-3 days and here is the list ive made for what im gonna buy for my first O.K list. C+C please.

Tyrant
    Tenderiser; Wyrdstone Necklace; Longstrider; Heavy Armour; 2 Lucky Gnoblars

Butcher
    Bangstick; Dispel Scroll

Butcher
    Dispel Scroll

Butcher
    Dispel Scroll

3 Ogre Bulls
    Light Armour; Ironfists; Bellower

3 Ogre Bulls
    Light Armour; Ironfists; Bellower

3 Ironguts
    Bellower

3 Ironguts (Butcher #1 Here)
    Bellower; Standard Bearer; Look-Out Gnoblar

3 Ironguts (Butcher #2 Here)
    Bellower; Standard Bearer Look-out Gnoblar

3 Ironguts (Butcher #3 Here)
    Bellower; Standard Bearer; Look-out Gnoblar

15 Gnoblar Trappers

3 Yhetees

3 Yhetees

Total:2250 exactly
    PD: 8 and Bangstick
    DD: 5 and 3 scrolls
    Models: 43

As some may notice, my Tyrant has the Longstrider name instead of Mawseeker which seems to be the standardized name for tyrants. I took Longstrider instead for 3 reasons:
    1: I play Dark Elves and stupidty has lost me a many games
    2: with the 7" move on the tyrant, most opponents will try to stay out of the 12" charge on my 'gut/bulls to get counter-charges,but the wont see the 14" charge out of the unit coming, tying up the unit trying to counter-charge.
    3: He can move on the flanks with with the yhetees and can be a good flank charger/supporter

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

I don't really like Longstrider on a Tyrant for a few reasons:
    1) I prefer him to be more centralised, being the General. As is commonly known, Leadership has never been an outstanding advantage for OKs.
    2) Not too sure I like the thought of an important character gallivanting off on his own adventures. Being a lone character, he's rather vulnerable to CRes.
    3) To my mind, it's better off with a Hunter, meaning he can keep pace with his tigers.

Wallcrusher or Deathcheater are both Big Names that imho are pretty underrated, Wallcrusher especially. It makes an already nasty Bull Charge even nastier, and Deathcheater seems like a good one if you character is tooled to kill other characters (which it seems to be).

The Gut Maw is also lots of fun to use with a Tenderiser.

The next thing I would change about your list is the fact that no unit is bigger than three. I prefer to run mine at four minimum (ie, four for Ironguts), since they can take a few wounds and still Bull Charge to some degree of efficiency. Bulls, I run at four, five-six if there's points left over. To my mind, Bulls are really not that outstanding, as I've said in another thread (the infamous sandwich analogy), so more than one unit generally isn't that great.

From experience, Trappers are at their best when in small units. Eight-10 is about optimal for me, often without the Groinbiter too. It means infiltrating to a decent position is far easier.

One fourth and final thing I noticed about your list is the absence of Gorgers. Those things are absolutely amazing to take, even if you never face Gunlines. Against armies with no static support at the back, I'll use them to tip flank battles, then overrun into the centre, where often most of the carnage is there to be had. Maybe consider dropping a unit of Yhettees to get a couple in, and maybe make your remaining unit bigger.

I like your Butchers- they'll make for a very solid magic defence, and allow for some good support magic (that Stubborn spell when about to get charged by something big is amazing). One item I like is the Halfling Cookbook. Then again, I'm also a WE player, so volatility isn't something I'm ever fond of.

Hope that helps.

-AFG//

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

main reason i took longstrider on the tyrant was because if someone is expecting my bulls to charge only 12", then they will line up on the 12.5-14" mark so that i will have a failed charge. however if he charges out of the unit, challenges hero/character, he has a very good chance at tying that unit up long enough to bring my other units into position to support him.

and my tyrant does have gut maw, for some reason forgot to type it

and in the newly released FAQ, if a unit decides to stand and shoot at a character charging out of a unit, then the stand and shooting results are taken against the unit since he was in the unit when the stand and shoot reaction was declared =)

and i have a feeling most people will accept the charge assuming im going to fail it and hve my general just sitting out in the wide open, but they will be oh so wrong

didnt have enoug pts to make 2 8man units of trappers, need to find 8pts!

not enough pts to make 4 man units, and they may be a little easier with only 3 for manouvering purposes, and i play with the MSU strategy since ive played DE for 2-3 years

and i may switch out one unit of yhetess for 2 units of 2 lead belchers if points allow... gonna fool around with it

+ Reply to Thread