Options for 1250 points ! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Options for 1250 points !

Hi guys.

My brother plays OK and as a newbie, he'd like some recommendation from the pros. He still hasn't found some time to join the forums so he asked me to post this questions to you.

He's building a 1250 point list and has three primary options so far. He hopes that you'll be able to help him choose between the lists. I'll post them in a VERY resumed format next:

LIST #1
    - Bruiser (with Tenderizer)
    - 3 Ogre bulls
    - 8 Leadbelchers (in two squads of 4, with champion ea.)
    - 6 Ironguts (champ)
    - 24 gnoblars (champ)

LIST #2
    - Hunter (with greedy fist, siegebreaker and two Sabertusks)
    - 3 Ogre bulls
    - 4 Leadbelchers (champion)
    - 6 Ironguts (champ)
    - 26 gnoblars (champ)

LIST #3
    - Butcher
    - 6 Ogre bulls (champ)
    - 10 Ironguts (champ)

What do you think ? Which one is better ? Can you please give us some advice ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards.

"Look Mr. Bubbles... Adam!"
    Visit Ecuador's First Warhammer Hobby Forum
    Twitter: @marco_vaca Do you have a PS3 ? Let's play some Worms ! (PSN id: viper0478)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

*summons Fluffy the Helper Monkey and orders him to carry the thread to the OK Army Lists forum*

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Viper View Post
    LIST #1
    - 3 Ogre bulls
    - 8 Leadbelchers (in two squads of 4, with champion ea.)
    - 6 Ironguts (champ)
    - 24 gnoblars (champ)
    I think the Bruiser might be a bit of a one-trick pony here. You're placed all your points into a character that can only kill big things. Siegebreaker and Wallcrusher should save you a few points (OK, so 5), but will still get you a bit more in the way of flexibility. I also have my doubts about the Leadbelchers and Bulls. I'd drop a Leadbelcher from each unit, swap the Champions for Musicians, and get an extra Bull, and a unit of eight Trappers, plus, say the Rune Maw for the Ironguts. It can be very nasty against heavy magic users if you trail the Gnoblars in behind. I also think the Ironguts are too big. Drop one or two, and maybe expand the Bulls further or something.

LIST #2
    - Hunter (with greedy fist, siegebreaker and two Sabertusks)
    - 3 Ogre bulls
    - 4 Leadbelchers (champion)
    - 6 Ironguts (champ)
    - 26 gnoblars (champ)
    Same thing with the Bruiser applies here. Hunter, I prefer to give the SoBattle and Longstrider. He becomes a bit more mobile that way, and can take on small units comfortably, and give R&F units a run for their money. Same with the Leadbelchers also applies. Drop one, and switch the champion out for a Musician. I'd also suggest dropping an Irongut or two, again. This will allow you to get lovely Trappers (two units), and expand the Bull unit to four or five.

LIST #3
    - Butcher
    - 6 Ogre bulls (champ)
    - 10 Ironguts (champ)
    Again, I'd say modify the Bruiser to grant a bit more flexibility. This time, I wouldn't make the Bulls any bigger (smaller by one or two, perhaps). But my biggest concern here is the huge unit of Ironguts. My thoughts would be to drop the Ironguts into two units of four, give the Butcher a few goodies, and take a unit of Gnoblars/Trappers/both, even.

What do you think ? Which one is better ? Can you please give us some advice ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards.
    It's hard to say which of the lists is best, since I have no idea what portions of my advice you'll take on board. Assuming you completely disregard my advice, I'd take List 1 or 2, personally. Reason is that I prefer to run MSU (Multiple Small Units) lists that hit hard and hit fast, and I think those two can do it best. I'd prefer to be commanding List 2, since teh Hunter is generally one of our best units against Warmachines, especially with Longstrider.

One thing I'd recommend thoroughly for every list is to include a Gorger somehow. Those things are, in my mind, broken. <80 points that can be extremely difficult to kill and pop up almost anywhere on the board is almost always a great investment, especially in small games.

Hope this helps.

+ Reply to Thread